I watched the FBI become so woke it can’t call out terrorism

Valin

i-watched-the-fbi-become-so-woke-it-cant-call-out-terrorism
NY Post

James A. Gagliano

January 18, 2022

What happened to the FBI?

I ask this as a retired FBI leader with a quarter-century of experience. Like many of us, I worriedly watched the Colleyville, Texas, synagogue hostage standoff unfold. When alerted that my former teammates on the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team had been deployed to handle the tactical resolution, I breathed a sigh of relief.

The HRT is the world’s premier domestic-counterterrorism team. It knows what it’s doing.

(Snip)

*The FBI has made a sea change in defining criminal suspects since the Obama administration and its attorney general, Eric Holder, set out to transform the justice system. Post-Obama, law enforcement hesitates to describe criminal suspects’ race for fear of being tagged “racist.”

(Snip)

The Biden administration’s DOJ declares that parents complaining about curriculum and masking policies are “domestic terrorists.” Former Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe — who served under me in the FBI’s New York office — recently warned of those same parents and suggested on a David Axelrod podcast that the DOJ needs to target “mainstream conservatives.”

school-boards-fbi.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

Angry parents and community members protested after a Loudoun County School Board meeting was halted by the school board because the crowd refused to quiet down, in Ashburn, Virginia on June 22, 2021.

REUTERS/Evelyn Hockstein

The FBI is at a crossroads. While the agency is seeing drops in its favorability ratings, the vast majority of its agents and professional support employees continue to toil in obscurity and work damn hard to keep Americans safe. We need them.

What occurred in Colleyville illustrates the problem. Kudos to the FBI-HRT and all who worked to free the synagogue hostages. As for the FBI senior executives who made a mockery of the obvious: Call things what they are. Stand up to those who disingenuously employ definitional distortions. I am tired of apologizing. Make us proud again, FBI.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Well here we are in 2022 with Obama 2.0. How is that Change workin out for ya?