Conservative Supreme Court justices grill Biden lawyer on OSHA vaccine requirement

Geee

supreme-court-justices-biden-vaccine-mandates-oral-arguments
Fox News

The U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments Friday in a high-stakes public session to decide whether the U.S. government can begin enforcing sweeping COVID-19 vaccine requirements affecting nearly 100 million workers. 

For three hours and 40 minutes, the justices heard oral arguments over federal vaccine and testing rules for businesses with 100 employees or more, and on vaccine mandates for health care workers at facilities receiving Medicaid and Medicare funding. 

Enforcement of the policies, which were announced in November, has been put on hold pending resolution in the high court. 

In early arguments, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Neil Gorsuch suggested that government officials had overstepped, with Roberts declaring that it is "hard to argue" that officials had been given the power to act by Congress. Justice Brett Kavanaugh also noted that Congress had yet to pass any type of vaccine statute. 

"This is something the federal government has never done before," Chief Justice John Roberts said. :snip:

Sotomayor says Omicron is just as deadly for unvaxxed; Thomas asks about transmission

:snip:

Sotomayor pointed to increased hospitalizations and said that "those numbers show that omicron is just as deadly for the unvaccinated."

"We have over 100,000 children, which we've never had before, in serious condition and many on ventilators," she said.:snip:

@Valin - Where is she getting this from?? It's news to me.

5 minutes ago, Geee said:

Sotomayor says Omicron is just as deadly for unvaxxed; Thomas asks about transmission

Sotomayor pointed to increased hospitalizations and said that "those numbers show that omicron is just as deadly for the unvaccinated."

"We have over 100,000 children, which we've never had before, in serious condition and many on ventilators," she said.:snip:

CNN,MSNBC?

100,000 Children in serious condition and many on ventilators! 100,000? I'd be surprised if 100,000 children have even contacted Covid..any variant.

7 minutes ago, Valin said:

CNN,MSNBC?

100,000 Children in serious condition and many on ventilators! 100,000? I'd be surprised if 100,000 children have even contacted Covid..any variant.

And should a Supreme Court Justice be making a decision based on such erroneous information.

8 minutes ago, Geee said:

And should a Supreme Court Justice be making a decision based on such erroneous information.

She will (I assume), who's gonna stop her?

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Liberal Supreme Court justices spread COVID-19 misinformation

Kaylee McGhee White, Commentary Writer

January 07, 2022

Justices Elena Kagan, Stephen Breyer, and Sonia Sotomayor confirmed during Friday’s oral arguments that they are firmly in favor of President Joe Biden’s private sector vaccine mandate. However, the facts they relied upon to make their case were flat-out wrong.

Kagan began by claiming “the best way” to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is “for people to get vaccinated,” and the “second best way” is to “wear masks.” Neither claim is true. While the vaccines appear to slow the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the chance of death, there is absolutely no evidence that they prevent transmission, especially not against the much more contagious omicron variant.

(Snip)

Breyer continued to spread misinformation by falsely claiming that 750 million people — there are only 330 million people living in the United States — tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday. That would mean every single one of us tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday twice.

(Snip)

• Sad 1

Even SCOTUS leftists have to lie to further the left’s Wuhan virus narrative

Make no mistake about it, leftists lie. This is especially true of leftists in politics and the media. In fact, on most any matter dear to the left’s perverse agenda, one is safer assuming that the leftist you’re hearing or reading is lying. Thus, almost no one should’ve been surprised at the wild (and numerous) lies hurled by Supreme Court Justices Elena Kagan, Stephen Breyer, and Sonia Sotomayor during oral arguments over the Biden Administration’s private sector Wuhan Virus vaccine mandate.

Early in the hearing, Justice Kagan called the Wuhan Virus “the greatest public health danger that this country has faced in the last century.” She added, “More and more people are dying every day. More and more people are getting sick every day. I don’t mean to be dramatic here. I’m just sort of stating facts.” I suppose “sort of stating facts” is like “sort of telling the truth,” but it is really just a leftist’s way of saying “I’m feeding you a crock of crap!”

Of course, Kagan’s statements here are premised on the notion that we can even trust the U.S. Wuhan Virus numbers—we can’t. But even if we could, the number of Wuhan Virus deaths in the U.S. are lower than they were in late August of last year, and far lower than they were when (early December of 2020) then President-elect Biden said that “No — I don’t think it [Wuhan Virus vaccine] should be mandatory. I wouldn’t demand it to be mandatory.”:snip:

Leftist Supreme Court justices are trying to legislate their ignorance

After reading about Friday’s Supreme Court hearing the power of federal agencies to impose far-reaching vaccine mandates, a friend asked me how Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor could be so completely ignorant about COVID. The snarky answer was that the “Wise Latina” was drawing on her inner wisdom, obviating the need for facts. However, given that Justices Breyer and Kagan were just as ill-informed, and all three were pushing to define public policy rather than analyze the Constitution, the accurate answer is that leftist Supreme Court justices care nothing about the law. They view themselves as an unelected legislature and are guided by their personal fears.

The Supreme Court heard oral arguments in two mandate cases. The first, National Federal of Independent Business v. OSHA, challenged the latter’s “emergency” mandate requiring all businesses with 100 employees or more to force the employees to vaccinate or take regular cost-prohibitive tests, something affecting over 80 million Americans. The plaintiffs argued (correctly) that OSHA lacks the authority to mandate medicines for employees. Forcing people either to get a jab or test or to lose their job is a far cry from requiring hard-hats and machine shut-offs.

The second case, Biden v. Missouri, was one of several lawsuits that Republican attorneys general filed challenging the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ mandate holding that all health care facility workers had to be vaccinated. Failing to do so would forfeit Medicare and Medicaid benefits that are the life’s blood for most doctors’ offices and medical facilities (which also explains why physicians routinely refuse requests for Ivermectin or other alternative COVID treatments). The states contend that a federal agency lacks the authority to condition participation in those programs on complying with mandates.:snip:

12 hours ago, Valin said:

She will (I assume), who's gonna stop her?

Well, it seems that our esteemed Supreme Court is just a incompetent as the rest, you would think that if they were going to make such statements they would at least name sources :wallbash:

25 minutes ago, Geee said:

Well, it seems that our esteemed Supreme Court is just a incompetent as the rest, you would think that if they were going to make such statements they would at least name sources :wallbash:

I recall reading Sotomayor has a reputation for (at that level) not being the brightest bulb on the tree.

Walensky says Sotomayor's pediatric COVID hospitalization number was off dramatically

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky clarified that the number of children hospitalized with COVID-19 is nowhere close to the statistic put forth by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor Friday, while noting that Americans can still work to reduce hospitalization by getting vaccinated.

Speaking with "Fox News Sunday," Walensky provided an update on the current numbers, confirming to host Bret Baier that there are fewer than 3,500 children in hospitals with COVID-19.:snip:

On 1/8/2022 at 6:39 AM, Valin said:

I recall reading Sotomayor has a reputation for (at that level) not being the brightest bulb on the tree.

I assume (now I could be wrong) that being a Supreme Court Justices and all, that she can at least read ?:blink:

Federal agencies prepare to act against unvaccinated employees

Federal government agencies are preparing to take increasingly harsh steps against unvaccinated employees in order to implement President Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal workers.  

Some agencies plan to send letters warning of possible suspensions to employees who have not complied with the mandate. Many are also prepared to fire employees who don’t follow the rule, though such moves would be further down the road.

The rate of compliance is high across the federal government, and agencies say they do not expect the suspensions or firings to cause disruptions.:snip:

5 hours ago, Geee said:

I assume (now I could be wrong) that being a Supreme Court Justices and all, that she can at least read ?:blink:

Yes but What is she reading?

2 hours ago, Geee said:

Federal agencies prepare to act against unvaccinated employees

Federal government agencies are preparing to take increasingly harsh steps against unvaccinated employees in order to implement President Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal workers.  

Some agencies plan to send letters warning of possible suspensions to employees who have not complied with the mandate. Many are also prepared to fire employees who don’t follow the rule, though such moves would be further down the road.

The rate of compliance is high across the federal government, and agencies say they do not expect the suspensions or firings to cause disruptions.:snip:

You're just chock full of good news today. :D

Supreme Court Does Joe Biden's Dirty Work by Delaying Ruling on Vaccine Mandate

Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate for companies with 100 or more employees officially went into effect on Monday and companies are scrambling to figure out how to force employees to comply. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court is sitting on its hands, refusing to rule, and compelling employers to enforce Biden’s totalitarian mandate.:snip:

Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses

BUT COURT ALLOWS VAX MANDATE FOR HEALTH-CARE WORKERS

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has stopped the Biden administration from enforcing a requirement that employees at large businesses be vaccinated against COVID-19 or undergo weekly testing and wear a mask on the job.

At the same time, the court is allowing the administration to proceed with a vaccine mandate for most health care workers in the U.S.

The court’s orders Thursday during a spike in coronavirus cases was a mixed bag for the administration’s efforts to boost the vaccination rate among Americans.

The court’s conservative majority concluded the administration overstepped its authority by seeking to impose the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s vaccine-or-test rule on U.S. businesses with at least 100 employees. More than 80 million people would have been affected.

“OSHA has never before imposed such a mandate. Nor has Congress. Indeed, although Congress has enacted significant legislation addressing the COVID–19 pandemic, it has declined to enact any measure similar to what OSHA has promulgated here,” the conservatives wrote in an unsigned opinion.

In dissent, the court’s three liberals argued that it was the court that was overreaching by substituting its judgment for that of health experts. “Acting outside of its competence and without legal basis, the Court displaces the judgments of the Government officials given the responsibility to respond to workplace health emergencies,” Justices Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor wrote in a joint dissent.:snip: