J6 Hysteria Is How Media And Other Democrats Are Avoiding Accountability For Their Rigging Of The 2020 Election - Mollie Hemingway

Geee

j6-hysteria-is-how-media-and-other-democrats-are-avoiding-accountability-for-their-rigging-of-the-2020-election
The Federalist

The 2020 presidential election was unlike any in American history.

Hundreds of laws and processes were changed in the months leading up to the election, sometimes legally and sometimes not, creating chaos, confusion, and uncertainty. Tech oligarch Mark Zuckerberg, one of the world’s wealthiest and most powerful men, spent $419 million — nearly as much as the federal government itself — to interfere in the government’s management of the election in key states.

Powerful tech oligarchs and corrupt propaganda press conspired to keep indisputably important news stories, such as allegations of corruption regarding the Biden family business, hidden from voters in the weeks prior to voting. Information operations were routinely manufactured about President Trump in the closing months of the campaign, including the false claim that Russians paid bounties for dead American soldiers and Trump didn’t care, and that Trump had called dead American soldiers losers. Both were disputed by dozens of on-the-record sources.

Effective conservative voices were censored by the social media arms of the Democrat Party. And all this was done after the establishment spent years running an unprecedented “Resistance” that falsely claimed Trump was a traitor who had colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election.

It’s not surprising that polls show most Republicans are deeply concerned about the integrity of such an election. If anything, it’s surprising that all of them aren’t screaming from the rooftops about it. But it is interesting and telling how little the media and other Democrats are willing to talk about efforts to rig the election.

With the exception of a single Time Magazine article admitting there was a “conspiracy” by a “a well-funded cabal of powerful people” who worked to “change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information,” to create a “revolution in how people vote,” corporate media have largely kept silent about or downplayed how the establishment secured its victory for their man Joe Biden.:snip:

Fact-Checking 4 Claims From Biden’s, Harris’ Jan. 6 Speeches

Marking the one-year anniversary of the assault on the Capitol, President Joe Biden repeatedly called his predecessor, Donald Trump, a “defeated” former president who “can’t accept he lost” and referred to him as a “self-seeking autocrat.” 

Ahead of the president’s remarks, Vice President Kamala Harris compared the Jan. 6, 2021 riot—in which hundreds of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in a bid to prevent Congress from certifying the results of the 2020 election—to Pearl Harbor and the 9/11 terrorist attacks

Biden and Harris delivered their remarks in Statuary Hall at the U.S. Capitol on Thursday morning, to mark the year since the shocking event that led to Trump’s second impeachment on a charge of “incitement to insurrection.” 

The president and vice president made some big statements along the way. The following is an analysis of the accuracy of four of those claims

1) ‘Most Significant Test’ Since Civil War

Biden said the riot represented a threat to democracy. 

“We’re facing the most significant test of our democracy since the Civil War. That’s not hyperbole—since the Civil War. The Confederates, back then, never breached the Capitol as insurrectionists did on Jan. 6,” he said.

“I’m not saying this to alarm you. I’m saying this because you should be alarmed.”

Some rioters carried Confederate battle flags into the Capitol on Jan. 6, but at no time did the flag fly in the U.S. Capitol during the Civil War, which raged from 1861 to 1865. So, Biden was correct to say Confederate soldiers did not breach the Capitol carrying the Confederate battle flag. 

As for being a comparable threat, that’s more questionable. The Civil War came about after Southern slaveholding states attempted to break away from the United States and form a separate country. 

The fledgling Confederate States of America raised its own military in an armed rebellion that wore on for four years and took the lives of more than 600,000 troops. :snip:

2 hours ago, Geee said:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi holds a moment of silence for “fallen heroes” of 1/6, reading the names of officers Brian Sicknick, Howard Liebengood, Jeffrey Smith, and Billy Evans.

The only Republicans participating are Rep. Liz Cheney and *former Vice President Dick Cheney. pic.twitter.com/g7dv6IEaxV

— The Recount (@therecount) January 6, 2022

*:scratchhead:

21 minutes ago, Valin said:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi holds a moment of silence for “fallen heroes” of 1/6, reading the names of officers Brian Sicknick, Howard Liebengood, Jeffrey Smith, and Billy Evans.

The only Republicans participating are Rep. Liz Cheney and *former Vice President Dick Cheney. pic.twitter.com/g7dv6IEaxV

— The Recount (@therecount) January 6, 2022

*:scratchhead:

Why, where are all the people who proclaimed Dick Cheney as the devil himself. Suddenly if he is doing their bidding, he's a hero.

And, if I recall, there were two people that died at the Capitol that day. Both women and neither Capitol police. 

29 minutes ago, Valin said:

They gave a speech? Darn, and I missed it. SIGH

If I would have watched it, I would have let you know but I just clean missed it myself. Which reminds me, its been over a year since I have watched television news - national or local. I just recently found out from a local news site that the mayor of Milwaukee resigned because he was nominated to be the ambassador to Luxembourg :blink: as liberal as he was, he is appointed replacement is a bigger liberal.

53 minutes ago, Geee said:

Why, where are all the people who proclaimed Dick Cheney as the devil himself. Suddenly if he is doing their bidding, he's a hero.

And, if I recall, there were two people that died at the Capitol that day. Both women and neither Capitol police. 

What I Hope happened was he was there to support his daughter, like at good father would do. She has taken (rightly IMO) some pretty big hits lately.

OTOH

He is 80 years old. They say with age comes wisdom, but sometimes age just shows up alone.

Having been a fan for some 40+ years I am disappointed.

Just now, Valin said:

What I Hope happened was he was there to support his daughter, like at good father would do. She has taken (rightly IMO) some pretty big hits lately.

OTOH

He is 80 years old. They say with age comes wisdom, but sometimes age just shows up alone.

Having been a fan for some 40+ years I am disappointed.

Also what we could be seeing is a Changing of the guard in the GOP. Started with The TEA Party. Populism may be the new flavor.

56 minutes ago, Geee said:

If I would have watched it, I would have let you know but I just clean missed it myself. Which reminds me, its been over a year since I have watched television news - national or local. I just recently found out from a local news site that the mayor of Milwaukee resigned because he was nominated to be the ambassador to Luxembourg :blink: as liberal as he was, he is appointed replacement is a bigger liberal.

The Grout in the bathroom is now clean. :D

Question: Would you rather spend time in Milwaukee (and I've been to Milwaukee :thumbdown:)  or Luxembourg? Seems like a No Brainer to me.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Valin said:

Well, he is a contemporary off Brandon ;)