Habitat for Humanity gives Virginia family a new home constructed with 3D printing

Geee

christmas-miracle-nonprofit-dedicates-nations-first-3d-printed-habitat-home
Just the News

“The construction crew printed the 1,200 square foot home in 12 hours — reducing the standard construction schedule by at least four weeks," the nonprofit said in a press release.

In a remarkable marriage of technology and charity, Habitat for Humanity provided a Virginia family its first-ever home constructed by 3D printing

April Stringfield, of Williamsburg, Va., and her 13-year-old-son were the lucky recipients four days before Christmas of the home from Habitat for Humanity Peninsula and Greater Williamsburg.

Stringfield purchased the home through the Habitat Homebuyer Program. “My son and I are so thankful,” she said during the ribbon-cutting ceremony. “I always wanted to be a homeowner. It’s a dream come true.” 

Habitat for Humanity partnered with Alquist for a project hailed as a milestone for both the nonprofit organization and the future of housing.

“The construction crew printed the 1,200-square foot home in 12 hours — reducing the standard construction schedule by at least four weeks,” the group said.:snip: