Kyle Rittenhouse Goes on Trial This Week. Here's Why the Media Are Trying So Hard to Dirty Him Up

Geee

Kyle Rittenhouse trial: Defense rests, closing arguments on Monday

KENOSHA, Wis. - The defense rested its case Thursday at the murder trial of Kyle Rittenhouse, setting the stage for closing arguments in the shootings that left Americans divided over whether he was a patriot taking a stand against lawlessness or a vigilante.

The defense and prosecution asked the judge to hold closing arguments on Monday, and he said he would take it under consideration.:snip:

• Like 1

The media framed Kyle Rittenhouse — and won’t come clean even after the prosecution’s case falls apart

Media malpractice has come full circle in Kenosha, Wis.

Kyle Rittenhouse’s trial for the shooting deaths of two people and the wounding of another is nearing its end, with the jury expected to get the case soon. The shootings took place as riots, arson and looting shook Kenosha after police shot Jacob Blake on August 23, 2020. The violence fed off the nationwide riots and looting that followed the May death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody.

From the start, the media misrepresented the Blake case and ensuing riots. They portrayed Blake as an unarmed man who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, subjected to police brutality due to racism.

The truth was far different.:snip:

14 minutes ago, Geee said:

The media framed Kyle Rittenhouse — and won’t come clean even after the prosecution’s case falls apart

Media malpractice has come full circle in Kenosha, Wis.

Kyle Rittenhouse’s trial for the shooting deaths of two people and the wounding of another is nearing its end, with the jury expected to get the case soon. The shootings took place as riots, arson and looting shook Kenosha after police shot Jacob Blake on August 23, 2020. The violence fed off the nationwide riots and looting that followed the May death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody.

From the start, the media misrepresented the Blake case and ensuing riots. They portrayed Blake as an unarmed man who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, subjected to police brutality due to racism.

The truth was far different.:snip:

2 from Letters to the editors.

which one do you think has really followed this?

Rittenhouse is a teenaged, wanna-be Rambo who strode around a troubled city with a loaded AR-15.

What did that trigger-happy, terrified crybaby think was going to happen when he stalked citizens with a weapon? I have no sympathy as he faces what he deserves: a life in prison.

My sympathies go to those who gave their lives and limbs to tackle that dumb creep as he threatened townsfolk exercising their First Amendment rights.

Sam Katz

Manhattan

If only the law-enforcement officers had been doing their jobs, instead of being told to stand down, we would not need citizens to defend others and do police jobs.

As to the media portrayal of this youth — people should be listening to the live feed from the court.

There are those threatening the judicial system if they don’t get their verdict, facts be damned.

We may be witnessing more so-called peaceful protests that only seem to be a concern when elected officials in Washington, DC, feel uncomfortable.

Barry Levy

Hawthorne, Calif.

40 minutes ago, Geee said:

Question: Given what we have seen in the last 5 years, is there any reason we should be surprised at this? What is surprising is Ana Kasparian Of The Young Turks has said She Was Wrong.

Just now, Valin said:

Question: Given what we have seen in the last 5 years, is there any reason we should be surprised at this? What is surprising is Ana Kasparian Of The Young Turks has said She Was Wrong.

Not a surprise. I just read two articles yesterday, again saying that 5 police died as a result of Jan 6. How do you say that 4 officers committing suicide were a result of Jan 6?   And the other officer had a stroke and not a man on him. We have a friend who is a black officer who firmly believes that 5 police were killed that day. He thinks that I am getting the wrong information :rolleyes: I didn't want to argue with him too much because he is not in a good spot in his life right now. He was pushed backwards over a railing answering a domestic. His leg is permanently messed up and he will be retiring 5 years earlier than he wanted. In pain constantly, so I let it slide without too mcc push back.

19 minutes ago, Geee said:

Not a surprise. I just read two articles yesterday, again saying that 5 police died as a result of Jan 6. How do you say that 4 officers committing suicide were a result of Jan 6?   And the other officer had a stroke and not a man on him. We have a friend who is a black officer who firmly believes that 5 police were killed that day. He thinks that I am getting the wrong information :rolleyes: I didn't want to argue with him too much because he is not in a good spot in his life right now. He was pushed backwards over a railing answering a domestic. His leg is permanently messed up and he will be retiring 5 years earlier than he wanted. In pain constantly, so I let it slide without too mcc push back.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune informs me today is Nov. 12 2021. Can you confirm this? Just making sure.

2 hours ago, Valin said:

The Minneapolis Star Tribune informs me today is Nov. 12 2021. Can you confirm this? Just making sure.

Well, probably the date - I'm still working on the time change:blink:

21 minutes ago, Geee said:

Well, probably the date - I'm still working on the time change:blink:

Doveryay, no proveryay!

You know I spend time on Youtube, and often on Corporate News/Leftist channels. Thing is so many there actually believe what they hear on these channels. It appears to me they Actually Believe Donal Trump was/is a dire threat to Democracy, People who don't like the Vaccine mandates are Anti-Vaxers, that America is a racist country. Why, because the Corporate media tells them this, and they Trust ABC/Washington Post, (as so many of us did 30 years ago) to tell them The Truth. The Idea of Bias in these outlets never ever occurs to them. Bias/Propaganda is found ONLY on The (evil) Right. Not that they would ever actually read/watch Right Wing Media. To find out What We Say and Why We Say It.

Example:

Nov. 12 2021

:thumbup: 1.6k :thumbdown: 214

They Really Think your average Trump supporter, what the Hang Mike Pence.

9 minutes ago, Valin said:

Doveryay, no proveryay!

You know I spend time on Youtube, and often on Corporate News/Leftist channels. Thing is so many there actually believe what they hear on these channels. It appears to me they Actually Believe Donal Trump was/is a dire threat to Democracy, People who don't like the Vaccine mandates are Anti-Vaxers, that America is a racist country. Why, because the Corporate media tells them this, and they Trust ABC/Washington Post, (as so many of us did 30 years ago) to tell them The Truth. The Idea of Bias in these outlets never ever occurs to them. Bias/Propaganda is found ONLY on The (evil) Right. Not that they would ever actually read/watch Right Wing Media. To find out What We Say and Why We Say It.

Example:

Nov. 12 2021

:thumbup: 1.6k :thumbdown: 214

They Really Think your average Trump supporter, what the Hang Mike Pence.

I read this headline a couple of places today. Even on OffThePress. I read the whole quote, not just the stupid headline. I don't think he agreed with it, just agreed that the people had a right to be angry.

3 hours ago, Geee said:

I read this headline a couple of places today. Even on OffThePress. I read the whole quote, not just the stupid headline. I don't think he agreed with it, just agreed that the people had a right to be angry.

Gosh I hope you are not saying CNN is being Biased against Donald Trump! :blink:    :D

"I don't think he agreed with it, just agreed that the people had a right to be angry."

That is not what the customers of CNN or any of the Corporate News outlets see. Reason being they have been fed a steady diet of OMB every since Trump rode down the escalator. By now it has gotten to the point of I Know What I Know, Don't Confuse Me With Other Views.

It's no longer we live in 2 different Countries, its two different Solar Systems.

• Like 1

500 Wisconsin National Guard Troops on Standby for Rittenhouse Verdict

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers (D) has placed 500 Wisconsin National Guard troops on standby in Kenosha for the expected verdict in Kyle Rittenhouse’s trial next week amid concerns of possible violence.

Evers said in a statement:

We continue to be in close contact with our partners at the local level to ensure the state provides support and resources to help keep the Kenosha community and greater area safe. The Kenosha community has been strong, resilient, and has come together through incredibly difficult times these past two years, and that healing is still ongoing. I urge folks who are otherwise not from the area to please respect the community by reconsidering any plans to travel there and encourage those who might choose to assemble and exercise their First Amendment rights to do so safely and peacefully.

In a separate statement, Maj. Gen. Paul Knapp, Wisconsin’s adjutant general, said:

We stand ready to support our communities during times of need. In close coordination with the governor, we have assembled approximately 500 Soldiers to help keep the Kenosha community safe, should a request from our local partners come in.:snip:

Potential Witness Tampering as Gaige Grosskreutz, the Felon Who Aimed His Gun at Kyle Rittenhouse, Had Two Prior Charges Dismissed by Prosecutors Only Days Before Trial

Suspected witness tampering is uncovered in the Kyle Rittenhouse case as star witness Gaige Grosskreutz, who aimed his gun at Rittenhouse, had charges dropped by the prosecutor only days before being a witness in the case. 

We reported on Gaige Grosskreutz multiple times since last August when he had his arm nearly blown off by Kyle Rittenhouse after he pointed his gun at Kyle.  For some reason, Grosskreutz has not been charged as a felon in possession of a firearm and attempting to kill Kyle Rittenhouse, even though at the time of the event, Grosskreutz was a felon.:snip:

Liberal Billionaire Tweets Defense of Kyle Rittenhouse, Media Promptly Asks Him if Account Was Hacked

:snip:

Our first-hand impressions of Kyle were materially different from those we had previously formed based on media reports and opinion pieces that we had consumed.

I have always been frustrated to read an inaccurate press report about a subject I know well, yet somehow I continue to believe other articles in the same newspaper about subjects I know less well.

To Ackman’s credit, he lay the blame directly at the feet of political bias — before making a prediction.

Media and political bias are dividing our country and destroying lives. While we have not heard the entire trial, based on our assessment of Kyle on the stand, we believe that he will be found innocent by the jury.

Ackman also worries about the reaction in the street after, as he predicted, Rittenhouse is not convicted.

Oftentimes, communities react negatively and even violently after a jury verdict where they are surprised by the outcome based on what they have previously read in the newspaper, seen on TV or more likely been served on social media.

I encourage you to watch the trial, or at a minimum his testimony and cross examination, before you form a view of his guilt or innocence.:snip:

Judge questions Rittenhouse gun charge, raising doubts about prosecution's case

In covering the motions hearing last week in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse, I noted a surprising comment from Judge Bruce Schroeder that he had "spent hours" with the Wisconsin gun law and could not state with certainty what it means in this case. 

The statement could effectively knock out the misdemeanor gun possession count – the one count that could still be in play for the jury after the prosecution's case on the more serious offense appeared to collapse in court. A close examination of that provision reveals ample reason to question not just its meaning but its application to this case.

The unlawful possession of the gun has been a prominent fact cited not only by the prosecutors but the press.:snip:

58 minutes ago, Geee said:

Alan Dershowitz: Kyle Rittenhouse 'should be acquitted,' sue media for calling him 'vigilante'

Alan Dershowitz compared Kyle Rittenhouse's situation to that of former Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann from a couple of years ago.:snip:

I have heard that if he is found innocent of all charges, there Will be lawsuits. Lots of lawsuits.

2 hours ago, Valin said:

I have heard that if he is found innocent of all charges, there Will be lawsuits. Lots of lawsuits.

Well, I hope is found innocent. But who knows. O.J. - what more can I say.