Seven races to watch on Tuesday that aren't in Virginia

Valin

19 hours ago, Valin said:

19 hours ago, Valin said:

Prepare yourself for a Shock.

Ready

Lt. Gov of Virginia Winsome Sears challenges Joy Reid to have her on MSNBC if she's 'woman enough'

"I wish Joy Reid would invite me on her show," Sears said. "Let's see if she's woman enough to do that, I'd go in a heartbeat. And we'd have a real discussion without Joy speaking about me behind my back."

Libby Emmons

November 3, 2021

After winning the lieutenant governorship of Virginia, Winsome Sears challenged Joy Reid, a pundit who has claimed that Democratic losses are essentially the result of white supremacy. Sears is the first black woman to take the lt. governorship, and is a Republican.

(Snip)

Sears was asked by Fox News for her reaction to that. "I wish Joy Reid would invite me on her show," Sears said. "Let's see if she's woman enough to do that, I'd go in a heartbeat. And we'd have a real discussion without Joy speaking about me behind my back, if you will."

"She talks about white supremacy. Does she know that I ran against a white supremacist? I mean Joy, come on, get your facts straight, and then come talk to me."

(Snip)

I'd pay money to watch that!

HuffPo

At Least 8 Republicans Who Were At The Jan. 6 Rally Just Got Elected To Office

And even more attendees of the rally that turned into the Capitol riot will likely be on the ballot in 2022.

Christopher Mathias

11/03/2021

At least eight Republicans who attended the Jan. 6 rally in Washington, D.C., that turned into a deadly insurrection were elected to office Tuesday.

Three were elected to state legislatures, and five won positions at the local level.

Although most have claimed they didn’t breach the U.S. Capitol on that day, all were participants in the demonstration leading up to the attack, standing alongside extremists to take part in the finale of a months-long anti-democratic campaign to falsely claim that then-President Donald Trump hadn’t really lost the 2020 election.

Their victories on Tuesday are a possible sign of things to come: HuffPost previously identified at 57 state and local GOP officials who attended the Jan. 6 rally, many of whom will be up for reelection — and will likely keep office — next year.

(Snip)

:o

:D

• Valin unpinned this topic