Biden is losing ground because he's not answering the tough questions

Valin

index.html
CNN

Scott Jennings

Oct 22 2021

(CNN)While I watched President Joe Biden's CNN town hall Thursday night, I kept asking myself: What is the point of this? Who is the audience?

Biden is stuck right now with two political problems: trying to appease disparate factions of his party as he attempts to pass his agenda and his own flagging poll numbers.
I found it odd that he was sort of negotiating his budget reconciliation package on live TV. Did he say anything about any aspect of it that would have convinced Senators Joe Manchin or Kyrsten Sinema to change their opinion and vote in favor of the bill? I certainly didn't hear it if he did. He was put in the bizarre position of articulating the positions of people who are opposed to fairly major parts of his plan.
(Snip)

Did he solve any of those problems Thursday night? No. He rambled a lot. He did that weird lean and whisper thing a few times. He meandered and gave inefficient, long-winded answers to most of the audience questions (some of which were pointed and deserved more direct answers).
(Snip)
............Editors Note Scott Jennings, a CNN contributor and Republican campaign adviser, is a former special assistant to President George W. Bush and a former campaign adviser to Sen. Mitch McConnell. He is a partner at RunSwitch Public Relations in Louisville, Kentucky. Follow him on Twitter @ScottJenningsKY. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own. View more opinion articles on CNN.

Now I give you The Real CNN That we have all come to know love and respect as the most busted trusted name in news

43cfna.jpg

Now That's Real Journalism!

“There is a lot of anxiety people have”

Scott Johnson

Oct. 22 2021

My favorite bumper sticker is “Support mental health or I’ll kill you.” President Biden put me in mind of it last night during his CNN Town Hall with Anderson Cooper when he encouraged people to get help (CNN story and video here). We tend to think Biden himself is in need, so I thought this demonstrated a worrying lack of self-knowledge. Seek help!

“There is a lot of anxiety people have,” Biden said, vaguely alluding in part to the supply chain issues that have become critical as people worry about the availability of goods for Christmas. Biden conveniently attributed the anxiety to mental health issues exacerbated by the Covid-19 regime. It’s on you, Gramps! Again, he demonstrates a worrying lack of self-knowledge.

Biden said that Americans are rethinking minimum-wage or low-paying jobs: “People are now using this as an opportunity to say, ‘Wait a minute, do I want to go back to that $7 an hour job?'” Our local Mexican fast food eatery in St. Paul advertises jobs for $15.00 an hour on the window and is closed on Sundays because it can’t fill them.

(Snip)