Alec Baldwin Shot and Killed Female Cinematographer, Injured Director on Movie Set

Geee

alec-baldwin-accidentally-shot-and-killed-female-cinematographer-injured-director-on-movie-set
Breitbarrt

A tragedy occurred on the set of the latest Alec Baldwin movie where the actor reportedly accidentally shot and killed a female cinematographer and injured the director due to a prop gun misfire.

“Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun on a set in New Mexico on Thursday, accidentally killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza,” reported Variety.

The tragic incident reportedly occurred on the Bonanza Creek Ranch set in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where Alec Baldwin was shooting his upcoming Western, Rust. Hutchins, who originally remained unidentified, died after being transported via helicopter to the University of New Mexico Hospital.:snip:

No, let's not be kind to Alec

:snip:

As the narrative evolves, the incident is looking much less like an accident and much more like a crime. The professional Hollywood film crew abandoned the production only hours before the shooting, and were replaced by clueless locals. The crew’s complaints appear to be largely based on safety – there were two other firearms incidents reported the previous week. It appears that no armorer or firearms master was present on scene to oversee use of firearms, as is standard practice in the industry.

Baldwin was co-producing the film, and therefore is directly responsible. So no – he should not be let slide. He should be chased from pillar to post, and if the facts fall out the way they seem to be doing, should be prosecuted. Anything less is a defiance of law and an act of disrespect for the victim.:snip:

23 minutes ago, Geee said:

No, let's not be kind to Alec

• Every gun is always loaded.
  • Never put your finger on the trigger until you are about to shoot.
  • Never aim at anything you are not willing to destroy.
  • Be absolutely certain about what is behind your target

Every day at Guard Mount, for 3 1/2 years!

As I understand it That was NOT a happy movie set.

Worker in charge of Alec Baldwin’s prop gun was replacement hire amid on-set chaos, safety concerns

The prop master who handled the gun that killed the cinematographer on Alec Baldwin’s film “Rust” was “just brought in” amid a protest over conditions on the set, The Post has learned.

The unidentified employee was hired to replace someone else amid chaos on the set, according to a source involved with the movie. 

Another source briefed on the situation told The Post that a crew of workers had walked off the film’s set at the Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe, NM, Thursday morning over what they alleged were poor safety protocols, before Baldwin, 68, fired the gun later that day.:snip:

44 minutes ago, Valin said:

Every day at Guard Mount, for 3 1/2 years!

As I understand it That was NOT a happy movie set.

From the first time I read this story, I couldn't understand how he could have shot someone who wasn't even in the movie and they apparently weren't even doing a scene ????

Shouldn’t the Screen Actors Guild require NRA gun safety training for all actors handling guns?

The No. 1 Rule of Gun Safety

According to the New York Post, Bryan Carpenter, a leading Hollywood firearms expert, has said that the “No. 1 rule” of gun safety is the following: “Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being.”  Carpenter went on to say that “you never let the muzzle of a weapon cover something you don’t intend to destroy” because “the firearm is always presumed loaded.”  This is sound advice, especially when scenes are being filmed that require an actor, or actors, to shoot at other individuals.  Deceptive camera angles can always be employed to make shooters appear to be aiming directly at their targets.  And in the case of an actor’s firing directly into the camera, a director of photography can always be given time to stand away from the camera before calling “Action!”:snip:

Is the Alec Baldwin shooting a homicide? - Alan Dershowitz

The accidental movie-set shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins by actor Alec Baldwin reminds me of two tragic cases in which I was involved as a lawyer. The first was the tragic helicopter crash on the set of "The Twilight Zone" film, in which actor Vic Morrow and two children were killed. The second was the accidental shooting of actor Brandon Lee by a fellow actor during the filming of "The Crow." The first resulted in an acquittal after a lengthy trial; the second was settled civilly, with no criminal charges brought.

had thought that the end result of these tragedies was a significant change in the rules regarding safety on movie sets. With particular regard to the Brandon Lee shooting, the new rule was supposed to be that no weapon capable of firing should be allowed on a set; only mock guns that have never been fired and are not capable of being fired should be allowed. The argument that filming must be as realistic as possible was presumably rejected in favor of increased safety, but apparently that did not occur in this case.:snip:

• Like 1

@Geee

The evidence is currently unclear as to how a real gun, with a real projectile, was handed to Baldwin, allegedly with an assurance that it was "a cold gun."

There is no such thing. Even if you Know with 300% certainty, You still treat the firearm as if it is. No matter who else is responsible, It lays on Alec Baldwin, when YOU handle a firearm YOU are the one responsible. 

We'll see what happens, but I have a feeling we'll see the Two Tiered legal system in action again. Ask yourself if this had happened to a 22 year old black kid in South Central LA, or the South Side of Chicago, what would the outcome be? Actually it would be a one day local story.

6 hours ago, Valin said:

We'll see what happens, but I have a feeling we'll see the Two Tiered legal system in action again. Ask yourself if this had happened to a 22 year old black kid in South Central LA, or the South Side of Chicago, what would the outcome be? Actually it would be a one day local story.

Anticipating the typical "Rules for thee, but not for me" from Hollyweird on this one.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Baldwin Around the Bend

John Hinderaker

January 8, 2022

Alec Baldwin goes on a tirade in which he joins O.J. in seeking the real killer, and also recalls Harvey Weinstein’s pledge to battle the NRA with a Tourette-like reference to “January 6"

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not saying this guy is a self-absorbed narcissistic moron.....o I guess that is what I'm saying.

• Like 1