Bad Faith Governance on Collision Course With the Voluntary Compact

Draggingtree

bad-faith-governance-on-collision-course-with-the-voluntary-compact
Ricochet

Bad Faith Governance on Collision Course With the Voluntary Compact

philo October 11, 2021

I remember a comedian on the “1/2 Hour Comedy Hour” back in the late 1980s who joked about how he lied extensively to every woman while on their first date. That way, when she eventually called him on a lie, he could just respond: “But I’ve always lied to you.” (I don’t do it justice here, but it was funny stuff.) Unfortunately, most of the leaders managers in our national government today treat us exactly the same way. In each branch, they come into office affirming a solemn oath — “I will faithfully execute,” “I will bear true faith and allegiance,” “I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform” — and most, having already been embedded creatures of the swamp, keep a straight face through almost the whole recitation. But they are most assuredly laughing at us just the same, as they are well on their way to the first (or next) insider trading payday … and worse.

Clearly, “good faith,” or at least the appearance thereof, is critical to the voluntary compact of this little experiment. We have enjoyed quite a ride in this country in which the faithless attempted to hide the corruption from us. No more, and a reliably incurious press can no longer hide it from the country class. How many even care, and how will it play out? I think we are about to start finding out.    :snip: https://ricochet.com/1068752/bad-faith-governance-on-collision-course-with-the-voluntary-compact/

Quote of the Day: Distrust of Government

Seawriter October 10, 2021

“Distrust of government isn’t baseless cynicism. It’s realism.” – Ben Shapiro

We have seen the truth of this aphorism made clear many times over the past year. Lawlessness on the part of the national government is virtually institutionalized. The latest example occurred earlier this week as the Justice Department declared parents protesting the institution of Critical Racism Race Theory being taught to their children as “domestic terrorists.” It is a clear attempt to criminalize political dissent, a process that began with the treatment of the January 6 protestors.

But in the larger sense, it does not matter whether those in government are Republicans or Democrats, your friends or your foes, or whether we are talking about government on the federal, state, or local level. You should never trust your government. Even (or perhaps especially) when you agree with their actions, never blindly accept them. Always check what they are doing and verify that they are doing what they said they would do – and that it is actually what should be done. Certainly that is what I do on the local level, where I am politically active and several local politicians are friends. They may be friends, but because they are politicians, I still don’t trust them.  :snip:   https://ricochet.com/1068236/quote-of-the-day-distrust-of-government/

• Like 1