How 'Let's Go Brandon!' became a national social media sensation

Valin

the-phrase-lets-go-brandon-has-become-an-internet-sensation-fueled-by-trump-supporters-heres-why
Fox News

It all started with an NBC interview with a NASCAR driver

Andrew Mark Miller

Oct. 9 2021

Supporters of former President Trump and Americans dissatisfied with Joe Biden have turned the chant "Let’s Go Brandon!" into a massive social media viral trend that has shown up at sporting events, airports, memes, all the way to the former president’s Saturday rally in Iowa.

It started as a profane anti-Biden chant at college football games but went to a new level last Saturday when NBC reporter Kelli Stavast interviewed NASCAR Xfinity Series driver Brandon Brown after he captured his first race victory at Alabama’s Talladega Superspeedway.

During the interview, Trump supporters and Biden critics took a page out of the book of other sports fans across the country by chanting "F*** Joe Biden" which could clearly be heard by NBC’s cameras.

(Snip)

________________________________________________________________________________

5 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2021/10/11/there-are-a-lot-of-brandons-n2597201

Kurt Schlichter at Town Hall makes the point that "FJB" aka "Let's Go Brandon" is really aimed at a lot more that just "President *".

Which is why the cry de coeur that is “Let’s go, Brandon” is really dedicated to the whole garbage establishment that foisted this stumbling nitwit upon us in an effort to claw back the power we had given to Donald J. Trump and ensure that we peasants never again get a say in our own governance.

Biden is Brandon, but he’s not the only Brandon. If we had a dollar for every Brandon, we wouldn’t need to raise the debt limit.

Kamala Harris is Brandon. Her grating insincerity and transparent ambition, plus that mutant step-non-binary spawn that she’s convinced the fashion world to pretend is a model instead of a cautionary example, make America a worse place. The only good thing about her performance as veep is that the border czarina is doing nothing regarding the border, which probably keeps things from getting – if it’s possible – even worse.

Merrick Garland is Brandon. All hail Mitch McConnell for not letting America’s Stasi chief anywhere near the Supreme Court (though I hope he learned a lesson having helped confirm him as Witchfinder, I mean Attorney, General). His threat to parents challenging school boards is so on-brand for our elite that the shock it generated was a hilarious surprise – who did not see this coming? This creature is one of the zillions of establishment clowns babbling about the conservative threat to democracy, which turns our to be conservatives practicing democracy.

Could not have said it better.  I like to think of what has been going on in the last couple of years as the TEA Party 2.0. Only this time its not just people on The Right.

Mask Mandates...CRT...Transgenderism...Defund the Police....Lets Go Brandon is a cry/shout by we the great unwashed ENOUGH!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Geee said:

1. There are more of US than there are of Them.  2. They need US more than we need Them. 3. I could put up with them if it weren't that they have pretty much Screwed Up everything.

Thing is as James Lindsey says The Age Of The Expert is Coming To An End.

Climate Change, Covid, China, CRT, The Establishment Elite, their record is Not Good.

White House claims they've 'never heard' of 'F*ck Joe Biden' or 'Let's Go Brandon' chants

"I had never heard of that chant until you explained it to me," said White House spokesman Andrew Bates.

James Anthony

October 25, 2021

The White House claims they've "never heard" of the obvious and viral trend of the "F*ck Joe Biden" and "Let's Go Brandon" chants that are sweeping the nation.

Administration officials have sought to downplay the phenomenon. At least one Biden official claimed to be unfamiliar with the "Let's Go Brandon" chant or its expletive-filled alternative, although both are now chanted everywhere from college football stadiums to concert arenas to local bars.

Andrew Bates, a spokesperson from the White House, commented on the issue to The Washington Post. "I had never heard of that chant until you explained it to me," Bates said. "I guess I'm not spending enough time on 8chan or whatever," referring to the anonymous message board in an apparent attempt to make it look like a movement happening on the fringe of the internet.

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

130,190 views Oct 16, 2021
:thumbup:10k :thumbdown:129
  • Haha 1

EPIC! Marine Veteran Hero Who Stopped Robbery in Progress Receives Valor Award – And Shows Up Wearing “Let’s Go Brandon” T-Shirt and MAGA Hat

The Yuma County Sheriff’s Offices honored Marine veteran James Kilcer with their valor award on Tuesday.

Kilcer stopped a robbery in progress on the morning of October 20th at a Chevron gas station near Fortuna Road and the I-8.:snip:

'Let's Go Brandon' gains widespread recognition across US, approval as form of protest, poll

More than half of likely U.S. voters are now familiar with "Let's Go Brandon," the euphemistic chant for a more profane President Biden putdown increasingly heard at sporting events across the country, according to a poll released Tuesday

Among respondents, 57.7% said they have heard of the chant, which sounds a lot like "F-ck Joe Biden," according to the poll by the Convention of States Action and pollsters the Trafalgar Group.

More Republicans (73.6%) than Democrats (38.9%) were familiar with the chant, but 62.6% of Independents/Other knew about the recent phenomenon.

Fifty-nine percent of respondents said both chants are appropriate ways to protest the Biden administration, while 16.9% said that just "Let's Go Brandon" is appropriate. Just above 24% said that neither chant is an appropriate method of protest. :snip:

2 hours ago, Geee said:

It seems to me (as always I..Could..Be..Wrong), that "Lets Go Brandon" has become not just F Biden, but all the insanity we have seen in the past 1 1/2 years. Covid (Masks/Vaccine Mandates ) CRT, Riots, Supply Chain "issues" 2 tier legal system, etc etc etc. It has taken longer than I thought it would, but it appears The Great Unwashed is finally waking up.

3 hours ago, Valin said:

It seems to me (as always I..Could..Be..Wrong), that "Lets Go Brandon" has become not just F Biden, but all the insanity we have seen in the past 1 1/2 years. Covid (Masks/Vaccine Mandates ) CRT, Riots, Supply Chain "issues" 2 tier legal system, etc etc etc. It has taken longer than I thought it would, but it appears The Great Unwashed is finally waking up.

Agree

• Like 1

Our Degenerate Elites Are Losing Control And Lashing Out In Desperation

f you want to know how well our elites are managing to control the discourse, consider this: a pair of “Let’s Go Brandon” anthems shot to the top of iTunes chart rankings this week.

Rapper Bryson Gray’s song hit number one despite getting banned from YouTube on the ridiculous pretext that it contains “medical misinformation,” while rapper Loza Alexander’s “Let’s Go Brandon” hit number two. Both of them beat out Adele’s “Easy On Me,” which was knocked down to number three. (Another version of Alexander’s song nabbed the number four spot.)

So three of the four top iTunes songs this week are “Let’s Go Brandon” anthems. Truth be told, the songs are not all that good. Their popularity has more to do with what they represent, which is a firm rejection of the idea that we can simply be told what to do and how to think by a cultural and political elite who hate us, and that we have no control over the public discourse or the narratives that define our times.

Big Tech’s efforts in this regard are especially notable for being utterly ham-fisted — from YouTube’s penchant for banning everything from Gray’s rap to anything else its censors deem to be “medical misinformation,” to Twitter’s transparently hypocritical enforcement of its rules against abuse and harassment, to Facebook’s absurd censorship of a meme blaming President Joe Biden for high gas prices.:snip:

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Our Degenerate Elites Are Losing Control And Lashing Out In Desperation

f you want to know how well our elites are managing to control the discourse, consider this: a pair of “Let’s Go Brandon” anthems shot to the top of iTunes chart rankings this week.

Rapper Bryson Gray’s song hit number one despite getting banned from YouTube on the ridiculous pretext that it contains “medical misinformation,” while rapper Loza Alexander’s “Let’s Go Brandon” hit number two. Both of them beat out Adele’s “Easy On Me,” which was knocked down to number three. (Another version of Alexander’s song nabbed the number four spot.)

So three of the four top iTunes songs this week are “Let’s Go Brandon” anthems. Truth be told, the songs are not all that good. Their popularity has more to do with what they represent, which is a firm rejection of the idea that we can simply be told what to do and how to think by a cultural and political elite who hate us, and that we have no control over the public discourse or the narratives that define our times.

Big Tech’s efforts in this regard are especially notable for being utterly ham-fisted — from YouTube’s penchant for banning everything from Gray’s rap to anything else its censors deem to be “medical misinformation,” to Twitter’s transparently hypocritical enforcement of its rules against abuse and harassment, to Facebook’s absurd censorship of a meme blaming President Joe Biden for high gas prices.:snip: