One of the 'Greatest Failures in Modern History': Peer-Reviewed Journal Destroys Lockdowns

Geee

one-greatest-failures-modern-history-peer-reviewed-journal-destroys-lockdowns
Western Journal

To this writer, Sunday felt a little bit like Groundhog Day in autumn.

On CBS News’ “Face the Nation,” Dr. Anthony Fauci — the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, America’s COVID guru and arguably the most powerful unelected, unconfirmed bureaucrat in recent U.S. history — informed Americans it was “just too soon to tell” whether we’d be able to have Christmas gatherings.

This answer to a question posed by host Margaret Brennan was vaguely reminiscent of one Fauci gave last November when he was asked by CNN’s Jake Tapper whether Christmas gatherings would be out of the question.

“Yes, I’m — well, I think that, if we get most of the country vaccinated in the second, third quarter of the year, and the vaccine continues to prove its efficacy, and people adhere to those fundamental measures, I think we can start approaching the degree — it’s not going to be a light switch, Jake.”

A year has passed, vast strides have been made against the coronavirus — both in vaccinations and treatment therapies. Deaths are way down. But Fauci’s fundamental position, and that of other lockdown-and-social distancing czars, doesn’t seem to have changed: Keeping Americans locked down, masked and socially distanced is still the only option.:snip:

22 minutes ago, Geee said:
one-greatest-failures-modern-history-peer-reviewed-journal-destroys-lockdowns
Western Journal

To this writer, Sunday felt a little bit like Groundhog Day in autumn.

On CBS News’ “Face the Nation,” Dr. Anthony Fauci — the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, America’s COVID guru and arguably the most powerful unelected, unconfirmed bureaucrat in recent U.S. history — informed Americans it was “just too soon to tell” whether we’d be able to have Christmas gatherings.

This answer to a question posed by host Margaret Brennan was vaguely reminiscent of one Fauci gave last November when he was asked by CNN’s Jake Tapper whether Christmas gatherings would be out of the question.

“Yes, I’m — well, I think that, if we get most of the country vaccinated in the second, third quarter of the year, and the vaccine continues to prove its efficacy, and people adhere to those fundamental measures, I think we can start approaching the degree — it’s not going to be a light switch, Jake.”

A year has passed, vast strides have been made against the coronavirus — both in vaccinations and treatment therapies. Deaths are way down. But Fauci’s fundamental position, and that of other lockdown-and-social distancing czars, doesn’t seem to have changed: Keeping Americans locked down, masked and socially distanced is still the only option.:snip:

I envy Bill Murray, he got through his "Groundhog Day" in an hour and 41 minutes.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Valin said:

Are you trying to say you won't be watching this? :o

:rolleyes:

Ya. Right after I finish watching that Biden speech 🤑

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Geee said:

Ya. Right after I finish watching that Biden speech 🤑

Can I poke both eyes out now? 🤢

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MISBAILEY said:

Can I poke both eyes out now? 🤢

Just pull that mask over your eyes - it's good for something

• Haha 1

n a peer-reviewed study published Sept. 29 by the International Journal of the Economics of Business, Douglas W. Allen, an economics professor at  Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, Canada, argued that: “It is possible that lockdown will go down as one of the greatest peacetime policy failures in modern history.’

“An examination of over 100 Covid-19 studies reveals that many relied on false assumptions that over-estimated the benefits and under-estimated the costs of lockdown,” Allen wrote in the paper (which he originally published in April). “The most recent research has shown that lockdowns have had, at best, a marginal effect on the number of Covid-19 deaths. Generally speaking, the ineffectiveness stemmed from individual changes in behavior: either non-compliance or behavior that mimicked lockdowns.”

(once again I say) Sometime in the future historians are going to have a field day, writing about the early 21st century when large numbers of people went Insane. Shades of the Witch Hunts in the late middle ages. Only instead of Witches, it Covid & Climate Change.

4 hours ago, Geee said:

Just pull that mask over your eyes - it's good for something

Mask...I don't need (or wear) no stinkin' mask!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...