The Pope Just Called An American TV Network Satanic for Criticizing Him

Valin

the-pope-just-called-an-american-tv-network-satanic-for-criticizing-him-n2596483?utm_campaign=rightrailsticky2
TownHall

Larry O'Connor

Sep 25, 2021

Pope Francis may be the supreme head of the largest Church on the planet, but when it comes to hearing criticism, he appears to have skin as thin as the papyrus St. Paul's epistles were written on. 

(Snip)

Instead, Pope Francis decided to focus his attention on an American television network founded by a humble nun dedicated to spreading the Gospel, explaining Catholicism, reinforcing the teachings of the Vatican, and providing good, thoughtful Christian content for Catholics around the world. In Pope Francis' eyes, the real problem in journalism today appears to be the great Catholic network EWTN. 

"There is, for example, a large Catholic television channel that has no hesitation in continually speaking ill of the Pope." He said: "I personally deserve attacks and insults because I am a sinner, but the Church does not deserve them. They are the work of the devil. I have also said this to some of them."

"They are the work of the devil." Yes, Pope Francis thinks EWTN (or at least his critics on EWTN) is Satanic. 

Are you kidding me? 

One suspects Francis' ire is directed at one show... no, actually, one segment on one show. Raymond Arroyo, the host of "The World Over," has been with EWTN from the beginning. His weekly show features various stories at the crossroads of faith and politics, and he has a segment called "The Papal Posse" that highlights and dissects various issues surrounding this very untraditional papacy. 

(Snip)