New study finds mask mandate failed to reduce COVID deaths, hospitalizations or cases

Valin

new-study-finds-mask-mandate-failed-to-reduce-covid-deaths-hospitalizations-or-cases
Alpha News

A study published by the Southern Medical Journal and reviewed by the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research found mask mandates did not reduce COVID transmission or severity in the fourth largest county in Texas.

Jon Miltimore

September 13, 2021

(Foundation for Economic Education) — A new study published in the The Southern Medical Journal (SMJ) found that a county-wide mask order in Bexar County, Texas, did not lead to a reduction in COVID-19 hospitalization rates or deaths.

The study, which was peer reviewed, analyzed data before and after mandates were imposed at both the state level (July 3, 2020) and in Bexar County (July 5, 2020), Texas’s fourth largest county.

“We defined the control period as June 2 to July 2 and the postmask order period as July 8, 2020–August 12, 2020, with a 5-day gap to account for the median incubation period for cases; longer periods of 7 and 10 days were used for hospitalization and ICU admission/death, respectively,” the study authors wrote. “Data were reported on a per-100,000 population basis using respective U.S. Census Bureau–reported populations.”

Authors of the study, which was reviewed by the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research, analyzed the daily average number of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, ICU visits, patients on ventilators, and deaths, and concluded the policy did not reduce any of these metrics.

(Snip)

Bold Mine

Now this is just ONE study, so don't get all excited. Still, where there is one, there may be more.

30 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

COVID Hospitalization Numbers Can Be Misleading - The Atlantic

And, another (non-peer reviewed) study that paints a less threatening picture.

I keep looking at the numbers, yes Covid Is a problem. The question I have been asking since the beginning is, is it a big enough problem to justify what government have done?

32 minutes ago, Valin said:

The question I have been asking since the beginning is, is it a big enough problem to justify what government have done?

Pretty sure we all know the answer to that one! 

Another thing that gets my blood pressure up is the "delta is surging" line.  Look at the 7 day curve for both cases and deaths.  Even the CDC's reporting has both going down since the end of August.  

45 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

Pretty sure we all know the answer to that one! 

Another thing that gets my blood pressure up is the "delta is surging" line.  Look at the 7 day curve for both cases and deaths.  Even the CDC's reporting has both going down since the end of August.  

This long ago stopped being about protecting people. By early summer 2020 it became about Power and Money. And it will continue until Enough people world wide stand up and say FU, We're Not Doing This Any More.

• Like 2