NFL begins season opener with black national anthem

Geee

nfl-2021-opens-with-black-national-anthem
Washington Examiner

The first NFL regular 2021 season matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and Tampa Bay Buccaneers opened up Thursday with "Lift Every Voice and Sing," also known as the black national anthem.

The song, performed by singer Alicia Keys in conjunction with the historically black university Florida A&M Concert Choir, was aired ahead of the game at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa as teammates locked arms on the field. "The Star-Spangled Banner" was played afterward.:snip:

2 hours ago, Geee said:
nfl-2021-opens-with-black-national-anthem
Washington Examiner

The first NFL regular 2021 season matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and Tampa Bay Buccaneers opened up Thursday with "Lift Every Voice and Sing," also known as the black national anthem.

The song, performed by singer Alicia Keys in conjunction with the historically black university Florida A&M Concert Choir, was aired ahead of the game at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa as teammates locked arms on the field. "The Star-Spangled Banner" was played afterward.:snip:

Just so I understand....Black Lives matter more than the people who provide them with the freedom to "protest".

I have a friend whose family are all registered members of the Cherokee Nation.  When does the NFL start playing their national anthem?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, MISBAILEY said:

Just so I understand....Black Lives matter more than the people who provide them with the freedom to "protest".

What happened to "One Nation" ????  What happened to "melting pot"??? 

• Like 1

Just now, SDwaters said:

I have a friend whose family are all registered members of the Cherokee Nation.  When does the NFL start playing their national anthem?

Exactly!

13 minutes ago, Geee said:

What happened to "One Nation" ????  What happened to "melting pot"??? 

I wish I knew. What's wrong with all lives matter??

• Like 3

Draggingtree

Hope no one get pissed at me but this must be said --No such thing as the black national anthem--- final thoughts from me Don't watch any NFL.   👌

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Draggingtree said:

Hope no one get pissed at me but this must be said --No such thing as the black national anthem--- final thoughts from me Don't watch any NFL.   👌

Actually I'm done with Pro Sports...and College sports are not far behind. "The Left Ruins Everything It Touches." Dennis Prager.

• Like 3

Draggingtree

Bill Maher Reacts To NFL Playing Black National Anthem

BY DREWBERQUIST.COM
SEPTEMBER 13, 2021

Believing that they understand the division that has rooted itself in America over the past year, the NFL announced they were going to be more socially conscious by making a peculiar commitment. Along with playing the Star-Spangled Banner, which honors all the men and women who have paid the ultimate price for freedom, the NFL decided to also play “Lift Every Voice and Sing” – the black national anthem. 

Again, as part of their social justice commitments, the NFL aired Alicia Keys’ performance of the song on Thursday, And while some might have simply not noticed, HBO’s Bill Maher took offense by what he saw. 

Speaking on the matter, Maher said, “I saw last night on the football game, Alicia Keys sang ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’ which now I hear is called the black national anthem. Now, maybe we should get rid of our national anthem, but I think we should have one national anthem.” 

Maher added, “I think when you go down a road where you’re having two different national anthems, colleges sometimes now have — many of them have different graduation ceremonies for black and white, separate dorms — this is what I mean! Segregation! You’ve inverted the idea. We’re going back to that under a different name.”

Crafted from a poem by James Weldon Johnson, “Lift Every Voice and Sing” was turned into a song and during the 1920s it was officially adopted by the NAACP as its national anthem. :snip: 

• Like 1