Fathers of Marines killed in Kabul attack rage against Biden, brass

Valin

fathers-of-marines-killed-in-kabul-attack-rage-against-biden
NY Post

Samuel Chamberlain

August 27, 2021

The fathers of two Marines killed in Thursday’s suicide attack at Kabul’s international airport have expressed outrage at the US government’s handling of the withdrawal of American forces, with one claiming that President Biden “turned his back” on his murdered son.

“They sent my son over there as a paper pusher and then had the Taliban outside providing security,” Steve Nikoui, the father of Kareem Nikoui, told The Daily Beast. “I blame my own military leaders … Biden turned his back on him. That’s it.”

Steve Nikoui told the website that he was notified of son’s death by a group of Marines who showed up on his doorstep Thursday evening. The elder Nikoui said he had stayed home from work after hearing the news of Thursday’s attack and had been “glued to the TV” waiting for any word of his son.

Nikoui said the Marines who delivered the dreaded news were “more choked up than me.”

(Snip)

• Sad 1

240809077_866573880647445_8930697706727673639_n.thumb.jpg.a84005e38f062b9e4969b492404f9e3d.jpg

This is Navy Corpsman Max Soviak who gave his life in Afghanistan. He is one of 13 others who made the ultimate sacrifice.

• Like 2