Americans In Afghanistan Warned To Get Out Now, US Can’t Help

Geee

Senate Democrat says nearly 800 evacuated after being stranded in Afghanistan

Senator Richard Blumenthal on Thursday said that nearly 800 Americans and Afghans who were stranded in Afghanistan have made it safely to Qatar

According to The Hill, the Democrat from Connecticut said two planes were chartered by international development organization Sayara International, in order to fly the civilians out of Mazar-i-Sharif airport.

Blumenthal thanked volunteers and aid workers for helping with the evacuation, as well as the governments of Albania and Qatar. :snip:

Draggingtree

The Roots of the Afghanistan War

2 HOURS AGO José Niño

After completing a controversial withdrawal from Afghanistan in late August, the United States is facing valid questions about the legitimacy of its foreign escapades launched in the last twenty years under the banner of fighting terrorism.

It would be wishful thinking to assume that the architects of the prolonged occupation of Afghanistan recognize the error of their ways. Nevertheless, the record should be set straight on how the nation-building project in Afghanistan was ill fated from the jump. On top of that, it would behoove us to understand the factors that drew the US into this conflict in the first place. Rewinding the tape back to the Cold War provides a nuanced perspective on what propelled the US to intervene in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan against the Backdrop of the Cold War

During the Cold War, Afghanistan initially maintained equidistance from the two superpowers—the US and the Soviet Union. Though the game changed after the Saur Revolution, a revolution where the People’s Democratic Party of Afghanistan (PDPA) overthrew the Republic of Afghanistan, led by then president Mohammed Daoud Khan. PDPA member Hafizullah Amin ordered the coup that resulted in the slaughter of Khan and most of his family.   :snip:  https://mises.org/wire/roots-afghanistan-war

• Like 1

U.S. Vets Smuggle Afghan Interpreter Who Helped Save Joe Biden Out Of Afghanistan

:snip:

The main drivers of the mission to save Mr. Khalili, his wife and five children were U.S. military veterans from Arizona who worked with the interpreter on the 2008 operation to rescue the stranded senators.

Although an array of high-profile people and U.S. officials said they would try to help evacuate him, it was a group led by an Afghan-American who worked as a linguist with elite U.S. forces in Afghanistan who carried out the ground operation that got Mr. Khalili safely out of the country.

“After 144 hours of driving day and night and getting through so many checkpoints my family was so scared, but right now this is a kind of heaven,” he told the Journal. “Hell was in Afghanistan.”:snip:

Americans Stuck in Afghanistan Face Grave Danger

As legacy media abdicate their role, we continue to look to local coverage of the ongoing disaster in Afghanistan.

A Connecticut news station reported last week that 43 Nutmeg State residents are still trapped in the country, while a former U.S. military translator in Texas told Sen. Jon Cornyn that “[a]lmost everybody is in danger now”.

I have been concerned with this travesty for months, and these headlines should be national news.

“More than three dozen Connecticut residents are still trying to leave Afghanistan after American forces withdrew,” the local NBC report explained. “Elected officials, relief organizations, and veterans groups are trying to get them out.”

“Their school teachers are calling me asking me where are the students. The 10-year-old student from New Haven who is stuck in Kabul is sending me voicemail messages,” Chris George, executive director of Interfaith Refugee and Immigration Service, a non-profit, non-sectarian agency, said. “They’re running out of food and yes, they are running out of hope.””:snip:

American Trapped in Afghanistan Pens Heart-Wrenching Letter to Biden

In Joe Biden’s America™, the hapless President of the United States jokes with locals in his hometown of Scranton, PA, while also managing to work in a lie — for the fourth time as president — about some old Amtrak pal, while Americans he left stranded behind Taliban lines write desperate, heartwrenching letters, pleading with this president to get them and their families out of the hellhole he created in Afghanistan.:snip:

• Like 1

After the US military evacuations stopped, this group got an 80-year-old grandmother out of Afghanistan

The U.S. military stopped evacuating vulnerable people out of Afghanistan at the end of August, but volunteer groups have continued to see who they can save.

Task Force Argo features Department of Defense personnel, active duty service members and veterans, special operators and intelligence analysts, coming together with one goal in mind: “To bring home from Afghanistan every U.S. citizen and legal permanent resident, the immediate and extended family members of U.S. citizens and LPRs, and our Afghan allies and partners.”:snip:

• Love 1

Email Shows Biden Ordered Afghanistan Evacuation Flights Be Filled With Unvetted Refugees

Adam Kredo

October 26, 2021

During America's chaotic exit from Afghanistan earlier this year, the Biden administration issued a directive that evacuation flights be filled to "excess" with refugees who had not been properly vetted before arriving in America, according to an internal administration communication disclosed on Tuesday by Sen. Josh Hawley (R., Mo.).

"Total inflow to the U.S. must exceed the number of seats available. Err on the side of excess," reads an Aug. 16 email to U.S. officials involved in the exit from Afghanistan. "This guidance provides clear discretion and direction to fill seats and to provide special consideration for women and children when we have seats."

Hawley, who says he obtained the email through a U.S. official who was outraged by the Biden administration's failure to vet Afghan refugees flown into America, published the email Tuesday afternoon on Twitter. Hawley maintains that Afghan evacuees were not throughly screened with intensive interviews before they arrived in the United States.

(Snip)

Ya know it seems to me that the people in the Biden administration, are the kind of people that give brain dead morons a bad name.

State Department Discovers 76 More Missing Americans in Afghanistan

The U.S State Department announced that they had discovered another 76 American citizens stuck in Afghanistan in the past week.

In late August, President Joe Biden withdrew U.S. forces from Afghanistan, resulting in a crisis that left hundreds of American citizens waiting idly in the country. Biden says rescuing all American citizens stuck in Afghanistan is a priority. The president told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, “If there’s American citizens left, we’re gonna stay to get them all out.”

Despite Biden’s pledge, there are still U.S. citizens left in the country close to two months later, and the numbers keep fluctuating.:snip:

State Department Response To Urgent Plea To Help Evacuate Afghan Allies Two Months Late

The U.S. Department of State was over two months late to California Republican Rep. Mike Garcia’s urgent request to help get a group of allies out of Afghanistan, according to emails exclusively obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Garcia’s office initially reached out to the State Department on Aug. 22 and didn’t receive a response until Nov. 2.

The emails concerned five cases of either individuals approved for Special Immigrant Visas or applicants of the program. One of those cases, a family, made it to America without the help of the State Department, according to Garcia’s office.

Garcia’s Communications Director, Molly Jenkins, told the DCNF that most of the other emails their office sent to State Department were manifest lists. Jenkins said that they never expected State to respond to those emails given that they hadn’t heard back from the earlier request “in a timely manner” in addition to the department changing the formats and points of contact

“The vast majority of the Americans and the Afghan allies that were on those manifest lists that we sent to State are still stranded in Afghanistan,” Jenkins said. “So they didn’t move them, we’re still working on all those people. A few of them got out, but the vast majority are still there.”:snip:

Why won't Biden save the Afghan commandos?

Here's a question for President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, and members of Congress.

Why are Afghan commandos, some of the most loyal U.S. allies, being left at the back of the queue for evacuation?

It's a complaint that I've heard from many active and former government and defense officials. But this week, I communicated with two former commandos who are on the run from the Taliban.

One told me that "After the flights [were suspended] out of Kabul, we came to [another Afghan city]. I have been living homeless in [said Afghan city]. My house, the furniture, and the clothes are all left in Kabul. I cut connections with all the people I used to know. I do not have any of my former [cellphone] SIM cards." The Taliban dragnet forces this good man to live a life on the run.:snip:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally: Pentagon Ratcheting Up Efforts to Get Americans Out of Afghanistan

Without bothering to give its hapless readers any reminders about how and why Americans got stuck in Afghanistan in the first place, NBC News reported Monday that “the Pentagon is stepping up efforts to get family members of U.S. troops out of Afghanistan, creating a database of the dozens who are trapped there.”

That’s terrific, but why now? Why the long delay in moving on this? And why was priority placed on bringing unvetted and unvettable Afghans into the United States rather than getting the Americans out? As usual with Biden’s handlers, no useful answers are forthcoming.

NBC noted that on Thursday, Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Colin Kahl “issued a memo asking any U.S. military personnel and DOD civilians with immediate family members who need help leaving Afghanistan to email his office.” Wonderful, but why did it take him two months since the American military withdrawal to do this?:snip:

• 3 weeks later...

Illinois’ Esther Joy King After ‘Wild Wild West’ Afghanistan Rescue Effort: I Know People Who Are Still in Kabul

:snip:“I know people that are even still in Kabul,” King said after the Taliban’s fast-paced surge in August prompted Biden to lead a rushed mission to evacuate American citizens and Afghan allies from the country.:snip:

:snip:

During the withdrawal, King said she “was part of the Wild Wild West civilian effort” and that she “got 51 young girls from [her] parents’ high school out of Kabul.” She added that she had a “front row seat to the horrors” that took place in Afghanistan, like “young 15-year-old girls being beat up by the Taliban because our State Department outsourced visa checks to Taliban hooligans right in front of the airport.”

King is now running for Congress in Illinois’ 17th District to replace retiring Rep. Cheri Bustos (D-IL). King first ran for Congress last year and narrowly lost to incumbent Bustos by four points, but she said she is now more “fired up” after the August fiasco.

King said, “It was a botched effort that to me is the line in the sand between just a downhill effort and falling off a cliff for the Biden administration, and I was fired up running for Congress previously, but now I am full speed ahead. I’ve got fire in my belly because we’ve got to have accountability here in Washington, DC.”:snip:

• 3 weeks later...

Americans evacuated from Afghanistan by vets group land at JFK

Setting foot in the US was a joyful but fraught moment for Mujtaba Ebadi, one of 50 US citizens and legal residents evacuated from Afghanistan who arrived at John F. Kennedy Airport Saturday morning.

“I’m excited, but despite excitement, I am worrying for my family, because they are still left behind,” said Ebadi, a financial advisor who worked for the US Army and had to leave a younger brother and his parents in the war-torn and economically ravaged country. “They were in serious danger, because I was supporting the US Army back in home,” he said.

Edadi and the other evacuees, including more than a dozen kids, were rescued from the Taliban-controlled country by Project Dynamo, a volunteer, civilian group led by former military members and current members of the Reserves.

The group claims it has helped more than 2,000 Americans and legal permanent residents escape Afghanistan since the heavily criticized US withdrawal in August. That’s well above the few hundred the Biden administration said were left in the country after the exit.

People Are Still Trapped in Afghanistan — and the Media Doesn’t Care

If one wasn’t paying attention, they might believe the situation in Afghanistan has finally been resolved and that everyone who wanted to leave the region has been flown to safety. Given the fact that most mainstream activist media outlets seem to have moved on from the disaster caused by President Joseph Robinette Biden, one could be excused for not being aware of the fact that the situation for many of those still trapped in the country remains dire.:snip:

Project DYNAMO Rescued 2,000 Americans Abandoned By Biden In Afghanistan

• Project DYNAMO, a civilian volunteer group based in Tampa, evacuated 39 Americans and lawful residents from Afghanistan on Friday
  • The group was left behind in the Taliban-controlled nation after America's chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan in August
  • Project DYNAMO said it was the first major airlift since America's exist and part of the 2,000 US residents rescued so far by the organization
  • It comes as Biden defended the legacy of his order to withdraw earlier this week :snip:

4 minutes ago, Geee said:

Project DYNAMO Rescued 2,000 Americans Abandoned By Biden In Afghanistan

• Project DYNAMO, a civilian volunteer group based in Tampa, evacuated 39 Americans and lawful residents from Afghanistan on Friday
  • The group was left behind in the Taliban-controlled nation after America's chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan in August
  • Project DYNAMO said it was the first major airlift since America's exist and part of the 2,000 US residents rescued so far by the organization
  • It comes as Biden defended the legacy of his order to withdraw earlier this week :snip:

More Here

• 3 weeks later...

Private efforts to get vulnerable people out of Afghanistan running on fumes

The nongovernmental organizations made up of veterans who have spent months working tirelessly to get vulnerable people out of Afghanistan are continuing their efforts in 2022 — even as people and resources are drying up.

Various groups were created as others swiftly diverted their attention to helping people who want to leave Afghanistan to do so following the U.S. military’s chaotic withdrawal at the end of August, with many Americans and Afghan allies left behind.:snip:

22 minutes ago, Geee said:

Private efforts to get vulnerable people out of Afghanistan running on fumes

The nongovernmental organizations made up of veterans who have spent months working tirelessly to get vulnerable people out of Afghanistan are continuing their efforts in 2022 — even as people and resources are drying up.

Various groups were created as others swiftly diverted their attention to helping people who want to leave Afghanistan to do so following the U.S. military’s chaotic withdrawal at the end of August, with many Americans and Afghan allies left behind.:snip:

Just a suggestion

Donate: Task Force Pineapple

The State Department did not respond to a request for comment from the Washington Examiner.

What a shock! or maybe What, A Shock?

• 4 months later...
On 8/14/2021 at 9:16 PM, Valin said:

August 14, 2021

What I don't understand why anyone with the brains god gave an animal cracker could not see this coming, as soon a Mike Pompao signed the surrender document in Doha.

Very soon Afghanistan will be what it was in the 1990's. An Islamic Terrorist Disneyland. So very often I see people talk about 20 years as if its a long time. For us maybe it is. Not for the Islamic Terrorists.

Pak-based terror groups JeM, LeT maintain training camps in Afghanistan: UN report

pompeo.png