Americans In Afghanistan Warned To Get Out Now, US Can’t Help

Geee

#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20Embassy%20urges%20U.S.,using%20available%20commercial%20flight%20options.&text=The%20Travel%20Advisory%20for%20Afghanistan,conflict%2C%20and%20COVID%
Us Embassy

The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to leave Afghanistan immediately using available commercial flight options.  Given the security conditions and reduced staffing, the Embassy’s ability to assist U.S. citizens in Afghanistan is extremely limited even within Kabul.

The U.S. Embassy can provide a repatriation loan for U.S. citizens who cannot afford at this time to purchase a commercial ticket to the United States.  Please contact the Embassy’s American Citizen Services Unit at KabulACS@state.gov for further information.

The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that on April 27, 2021, the Department of State ordered the departure from U.S. Embassy Kabul of U.S. government employees whose functions can be performed elsewhere due to increasing violence and threat reports in Kabul.  The Travel Advisory for Afghanistan remains Level 4-Do Not Travel due to crime, terrorism, civil unrest, kidnapping, armed conflict, and COVID-19. Domestic flights and ground transportation routes outside of Kabul are severely limited and subject to cancellation or closure.:snip:

3 people among many we can blame for this

In no particular order

Rand-Paul-2011.jpg

800.jpeg

1915.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

And when surrendering to the Taliban comes back to bite us in the butt...and it will. Remember these 3.

Pompeo: Biden failing to execute Afghan withdrawal, Trump warned Taliban of consequences

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called out the Biden administration for what he described as poor planning and poor execution of a U.S. troop withdrawal from Afghanistan, which may lead to the nation's capital of Kabul to fall to Taliban insurgents within the next three months.

Pompeo, who helped plan and execute the early days of the shift toward withdrawing troops from the country after 20 years there, told "The Story" he and President Donald Trump made sure there were multiple, enforceable "models of deterrence" that would prevent the potential disaster that may await the current White House.

"[It] looks like they have not been able to execute this," he said. "Strategy depends on planning and execution. Looks like there’s a bit of panic. I hope that they have the right number of folks and get them there quickly. I hope we can protect Americans in the way the Trump administration had every intention of doing.":snip:

2 minutes ago, Geee said:

Pompeo: Biden failing to execute Afghan withdrawal, Trump warned Taliban of consequences

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called out the Biden administration for what he described as poor planning and poor execution of a U.S. troop withdrawal from Afghanistan, which may lead to the nation's capital of Kabul to fall to Taliban insurgents within the next three months.

A poorly planned Surrender He negotiated. Anyone with the brains god gave an animal cracker could have told you This was going to happen. Very soon Afghanistan will become (once again) an Islamist  Disneyland. And Then.....?

Taliban Seizes US Weapons and Military Equipment as Afghan Takeover Accelerates

The Taliban has seized scores of American weapons and military equipment from Afghan security forces as the terrorist group accelerates its takeover following the withdrawal of U.S. forces from the country.

Taliban terrorists are now in possession of U.S.-made military vehicles, anti-aircraft guns, armored tanks, and artillery. The munitions were provided to Afghan security forces to secure the country as the United States ends its two-decade war there. The Taliban have overwhelmed Afghan forces, taking over key Afghan provinces and using U.S. weapons to power the offensive.:snip:

August 14, 2021

IT’S COME TO THIS: B-52 bombers head to Afghanistan — to bomb our own planes before they fall into the hands of the Taliban.

American B-52H bombers are understood to be conducting an attack on the largest Afghan air force base in order to destroy the aircraft based there.

The aircraft are reportedly heading towards toward Mazar-e-Sharif.

“It is highly possible that they bomb the second largest air base of Afghanistan National Air Force now in hands of Taliban. They don’t want A-29B & AC-208B attack aircraft [to] remain in hands of Taliban.”

Related: All the Times Joe Biden’s Love for Ice Cream Melted Our Hearts.

comfortably_smug_joe_biden_ice_cream_afg

My Comment

What I don't understand why anyone with the brains god gave an animal cracker could not see this coming, as soon a Mike Pompao signed the surrender document in Doha.

Very soon Afghanistan will be what it was in the 1990's. An Islamic Terrorist Disneyland. So very often I see people talk about 20 years as if its a long time. For us maybe it is. Not for the Islamic Terrorists.

Accountability for Afghanistan

John Hinderaker

August 15, 2021

It is probably too much to expect that there will be accountability for the debacle in Afghanistan–we have a Democratic president, after all. But we can still hope.

We can turn to the foreign press for their perspectives on what is happening. France24 posted this video of chaos at Kabul’s airport:

(Snip)

920x920.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The only difference is today Both Parties are responsible.

I'm sorry Anyone who could not see this happening ten minutes After Mike Pompeo singed the Doha Agreement Surrender document is 4 IQ point dumber than a retarded flatworm.

I don’t give a rats ass if they reconstitute Al-Qaeda and nuke New York City and strafe all the survivors.

No more red blood for blue cities.

I will not be fooled again

Yet one more reason why I don't support TOS anymore.

Travesty in Afghanistan leaves us where we were 20 wasted years ago

Twenty years…and for what

With the fall of Kabul, the war in Afghanistan comes to an ignominious end, the country exactly as it was when we invaded in 2001: in the grip of fanatical Islamists who rape and persecute women, practice medieval punishment and harbor terrorists who plot to destroy the Western world. 

The families of the 2,312 American military personnel who died there, and the 20,066 who were wounded have every right to feel bitterness and anger. 

Yes, we killed Osama bin Laden (in Pakistan). But otherwise, over three administrations, we barely articulated a mission beyond the “defeat” of al Qaeda. The Taliban were never vanquished. The Afghan army crumbled. The democracy we helped build was ground into dust as the president fled the nation

Afghanistan was the forgotten war from the start. The Bush administration quickly moved to Iraq. Obama didn’t care; Trump even less. Maybe it never would have worked, even with more resources, planning and leadership. If this century has taught America anything, it’s that Democracy cannot be imposed on others. But it is a tragedy that the glimmer of hope provided — particularly to the young girls who could finally go to school — is now gone. What was the point? :snip:

By Friday at the latest I predict this will be page 7.

Until

Headline from the near future

Terrorist Attacks Mysteriously Increase

Afghanistan Meant Nothing

A Veteran Reflects on 20 Wasted Years

By the time you read this, the Taliban may already be in Kabul. If not now, then soon.

Nixon wanted — and got — his decent interval between the United States pullout of Vietnam and the inevitable North Vietnamese takeover. Afghanistan’s interval was never going to be decent, but I confess I expected an interval. We’re scrambling to leave in time, we’re racing for the helicopters as the Taliban burns through Afghanistan like a forest fire.

I remember Afghanistan well. I deployed there twice — once in 2008, and again in 2009–2010. It was already obvious that the Taliban would sweep through the very instant we left. And here we are today.

I know how bad the Taliban is. I know what they do to women and little boys. I know what they’re going to do to the interpreters and the people who cooperated with us, it’s awful, it’s bad, but we are leaving, and all I feel is grim relief.

This is what I remember:

I remember Afghanistan as a dusty beige nightmare of a place full of proud, brave people who did not f%#%@#$ want us there. We called them Hajjis and worse and they were better than we were, braver and stronger and smarter.

I remember going through the phones of the people we detained and finding clip after clip of Bollywood musicals, women singing in fields of flowers. Rarely did I find anything incriminating.

I remember finding propaganda footage cut together from the Soviet invasion and our own Operation Enduring Whatever. I remember laughing about how stupid the Afghans were to not know we aren’t the Russians and then, eventually, realizing that I was the stupid one.:snip:

39 minutes ago, Geee said:

Afghanistan Meant Nothing

A Veteran Reflects on 20 Wasted Years

Nixon wanted — and got — his decent interval between the United States pullout of Vietnam and the inevitable North Vietnamese takeover.

Bull! I have no idea who this guy is, but he should Read Some History.

The reason Vietnam was lost is because of the Democratic parties Hatred of Richard Nixon. Today Both parties have Blood on their hands.

I saw somewhere that Harris/Biden had ordered the US flags to be taken down.  Did they leave the BLM flag flying?

(Asking for a friend)

7 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

I saw somewhere that Harris/Biden had ordered the US flags to be taken down.  Did they leave the BLM flag flying?

(Asking for a friend)

No, not the BLM, but the rainbow flag. The Taliban asked that it remain because they are really big on LGBT rights.

2 hours ago, Geee said:

You see what we are seeing here is a case of Competing Rights. You see She has the Right to not wear a Burqa, and they have the Right to Kill her. This is a very hard question, Maybe the UN Human Rights Commission could look into this. They being World Famous Experts on these questions.