Dusty Hill of ZZ Top Passes Away

Geee

dusty-hill-of-zz-top-passes-away-n417989
RedState

Dusty Hill, the long-bearded bassist of Texas blues/rock band ZZ Top for more than fifty years, has died. Hill was 72. He passed away in his sleep Monday night. The cause of death is not yet known.

The band issued the following statement:

“We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX. We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the ‘Top’. We will forever be connected to that “Blues Shuffle in C.”

You will be missed greatly, amigo.

Frank & Billy:snip:

• Sad 1

Kid Rock honors late ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill: 'Rock n roll never forgets'

"I loved Dusty Hill first as a player, singer, songwriter and performer," the 50-year-old captioned an image of the late rocker. "I was privileged to also call him a friend. I will forever cherish our time on the road and on stage together."

Rock concluded: "An all around tremendous human being, Texan and American. We lost another one of the greats today, but rock n roll never forgets. Rock on Dusty, Rock on.":snip:

ZZ Top's Dusty Hill remembered by 'Duck Dynasty' star Willie Robertson: 'Our beards bowed down' to him

"Duck Dynasty" star Willie Robertson is lamenting the loss of his pal, ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill, who died on Wednesday at the age of 72.

The reality star had come to meet the founding member of the blues band when its "Sharp Dressed Man" became the theme song to the rowdy family’s reality empire. 

On Thursday, Robertson told Fox News that news of Hill’s passing brought back memories of the last time he and Hill had seen each other – just two years ago at the band’s 50th-anniversary shindig, which doubled as Hill’s 70th birthday party.:snip: