Chuck Todd: Liberal bias in media? What liberal bias?

Valin

ar-AAMFAZA
MSN News

Meet the Press host Chuck Todd in a recent interview dismissed the idea the national corporate press has a “liberal bias," claiming the entire notion is just a Republican talking point.

Becket Adams

July 28 2021

"I think objectivity and fairness are not the same thing, in some ways,” Todd said in a discussion with Verge Editor-in-Chief Nilay Patel. “You can’t define objectivity as sort of being equal, that we know. You can’t balance the truth, that we know. So you have to be fair and have an open mind. Where we did get lost in this, and this sort of happened to mainstream media, in particular, is that we did let Republican critics get in our heads, right?”

You see, the Meet the Press host continued, it is Republicans who created this myth of “liberal bias.” It's not that the media are almost monolithic in their left-wing views or that the media themselves act in an objectively biased partisan manner.

“The Republicans have been running on, ‘There’s a liberal bias in the media,’” Todd said. “And talk about, if you say something long enough, there are liberals who say there’s a liberal bias in the media when you see polling now.”

Patel interjected, “I think I’m one of those liberals.”

(Snip)