January 6th

Geee

‘Subject to the Same Torture’: Family of January 6 Protesters Claim Deplorable D.C. Jail Conditions

Family members of January 6 protesters who are or have been incarcerated at the Washington, DC, jail shared disturbing accounts of alleged mistreatment by authorities during Saturday’s “Justice for J6” rally.

“Last night for dinner, they were served four pieces of white bread, a cookie, and a packet of tartar sauce,” claimed a woman who went by “Kelly.”:snip:

• Like 1

An American Horror Story

Thomas Caldwell’s is just one of several stories of American patriots living the nightmare of being American political prisoners. 

Thomas Caldwell’s wife awakened him in a panic at 5:30 a.m. on January 19.

“The FBI is at the door and I’m not kidding,” Sharon Caldwell told her husband.

Caldwell, 66, clad only in his underwear, went to see what was happening outside his Virginia farm. “There was a full SWAT team, armored vehicles with a battering ram, and people screaming at me,” Caldwell told me during a lengthy phone interview on September 21. “People who looked like stormtroopers were pointing M4 weapons at me, covering me with red [laser] dots.”

Agents demanded that Caldwell, a former lieutenant commander in the U.S. Navy who suffers from debilitating service-related spinal injuries, come outside and lay down in the grass.

“Someone grabbed my legs and dragged me through the grass. They threw me face down on the hood of the car, kicked my legs apart, put a chain around my waist and put me in handcuffs.” Caldwell said he looked up to see Sharon, his wife of 22 years, dressed in her nightgown holding her hands up with a sock in either hand. She, too, was covered in red dots from the weapons aimed at her. Sharon, 61, begged to put on her socks before they forced her outside in the cold. “I said a prayer, ‘Father, please don’t let them kill my wife,’” Caldwell said through sobs.:snip:

Jan. 6 Committee Issues First Subpoenas To Four Trump Aides, Allies

The House special committee investigating the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol subpoenaed four former advisers to former President Donald Trump on Wednesday evening.

The committee subpoenas named former White House Chief of staff Mark Meadows, former adviser Steve Bannon, former Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Scavino, and Kashyap Patel, the chief of staff for then-acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller. Select Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson argued each of the four men were in communication with the White House “on or in the days leading up to the January 6th insurrection.”:snip:

Heartbreaking Letter from Jan. 6 Prisoner in Solitary Confinement! DC Gitmo Violates International Codes on Torture

Jonathan Mellis, a detainee from January 6th, wrote us from solitary confinement last week.

Mellis has been detained without bond since his arrest in February. In May, U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan denied his request to be released from custody for a week so he could attend his father’s funeral.

Here is the direct letter from Jonathan Mellis addressing the American people:

“My name in Jonathan Mellis. I am a January 6 Capitol detainee being held in the DC jail. In the last 7 months I have experienced and witnessed the most inhumane and hateful treatment of my 34 years of life.:snip:

FBI had informant in crowd during Capitol riot: report

The FBI had an informant in the crowd during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, The New York Times reported Saturday, citing confidential records it obtained.

The informant’s name was not revealed in the records, though he was affiliated with a Midwest chapter of the far-right group the Proud Boys, according to the newspaper.

Based on an account of the informant’s activities detailed in the records, the informant described meeting up with men from other Proud Boys chapters at 10 a.m. at the Washington Monument and eventually entering the Capitol.

The informant entered after debating whether to do so, the Times reported. He left through a window after police told him that someone had been shot — likely Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt, the newspaper noted.

The informant has since denied that the Proud Boys intended to use violence on Jan. 6 but rather were consumed by a herd mentality. He has also denied that the group planned to attack the Capitol in interviews, the Times reported. :snip:

13 hours ago, Geee said:

FBI charges former FreedomWorks organizer over Jan. 6 riot, says in Capitol less than 4 minutes

The Justice Department has charged a former grassroots organizer for the conservative group FreedomWorks in connection with the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, alleging he was inside the building for 3 minutes and 35 seconds.:snip:

IMO what this whole thing is, is a Message being sent to The Great Unwashed...We Will Get You.

7 hours ago, Geee said:

FBI had informant in crowd during Capitol riot: report

The FBI had an informant in the crowd during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, The New York Times reported Saturday, citing confidential records it obtained.

The informant’s name was not revealed in the records, though he was affiliated with a Midwest chapter of the far-right group the Proud Boys, according to the newspaper.

Based on an account of the informant’s activities detailed in the records, the informant described meeting up with men from other Proud Boys chapters at 10 a.m. at the Washington Monument and eventually entering the Capitol.

The informant entered after debating whether to do so, the Times reported. He left through a window after police told him that someone had been shot — likely Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt, the newspaper noted.

The informant has since denied that the Proud Boys intended to use violence on Jan. 6 but rather were consumed by a herd mentality. He has also denied that the group planned to attack the Capitol in interviews, the Times reported. :snip:

From The Comments

ΦQ Tony 81 8 hours ago

Sigh. Yes, and anybody that starts USING the weapons should be arrested and charged and tried. I don't care if it's "proud boys" or "antifa" (find me an actual person that's a card-carrying antifa member, by the way - rare as hen's teeth) or a church quilting group. Nobody's defending violence by "antifa", so jam your "whatabout".

:scratchhead:

FBI Narrative About the Jan. 6th Capitol 'Insurrection' Is IMPLODING

An explosive report over the weekend claims to show that two alleged Capitol riot participants were actually government informants. The New York Times reported Saturday that “records, and information from two people familiar with the matter, suggest that federal law enforcement had a far greater visibility into the assault on the Capitol, even as it was taking place, than was previously known.”

The revelations in theTimes reveal that there was no conspiracy on the part of the Proud Boys to storm the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6, 2021, as alleged by the Department of Justice.

It’s already known that the Proud Boys leader, Enrique Tarrio, had been an FBI informant. The Times report concentrates on yet another FBI informant in the right-leaning group who reportedly warned his handler in real-time that some bad stuff was going on at the Capitol.:snip:

LEGAL Covert Postal Service unit probed Jan. 6 social media

New documents reveal the involvement of the little-known USPS Internet Covert Operations Program.

In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, an obscure arm of the U.S. Postal Service did some serious internet sleuthing. On Jan. 11, the United States Postal Inspection Service’s Internet Covert Operations Program — better known as iCOP — sent bulletins to law enforcement agencies around the country on how to view social media posts that had been deleted. It also described its scrutiny of posts on the fringe social media network Wimkin.:snip:

WTH - No wonder their losing money!!!!!

• Like 1

US Marine veteran dies in Florida while awaiting trial for Jan. 6 related charges

61-year-old U.S. military veteran awaiting trial in connection with the Jan. 6 Capitol breach has died at a Florida hospital, according to family and his legal team

The veteran has been identified as John Anderson.

"My sweet, handsome husband went home to be with the Lord," Anderson's wife said through her later husband's lawyer, Marina Medvin.

Anderson reportedly died Sept. 21, but his cause of death has not been disclosed.

Anderson, a Marine Corps veteran, was charged with seven counts in connection with the breach including civil disorder, interfering with law enforcement and theft of government property.

He was arrested in February in St. Augustine, Florida. :snip:

• Like 1

Mark Meadows on FBI informant in Capitol riot crowd: 'There is a whole lot that needs to come out'

Meadows said there was no conspiracy behind the Capitol riot, claiming investigators have found no evidence to support it. However, prosecutors have filed conspiracy charges against several members of the Proud Boys.

He also opined the Jan. 6 committee should call House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser to ask "why they were not willing to actually secure the perimeter when they were given information.":snip:

Five-time Olympic swimming medalist pleads guilty in Capitol riot case

A five-time Olympic swimming medalist pleaded guilty to a felony charge on Wednesday related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol Complex during the Jan. 6 riot .

The Justice Department said court documents show Klete Keller — the 39-year-old swimmer who competed in the 2000, 2004, and 2008 Summer Olympics — unlawfully entered the U.S. Capitol for nearly an hour while "knowing he did not have permission to be in the building and despite being told to leave.":snip:

2 hours ago, Geee said:

Five-time Olympic swimming medalist pleads guilty in Capitol riot case

A five-time Olympic swimming medalist pleaded guilty to a felony charge on Wednesday related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol Complex during the Jan. 6 riot .

The Justice Department said court documents show Klete Keller — the 39-year-old swimmer who competed in the 2000, 2004, and 2008 Summer Olympics unlawfully entered the U.S. Capitol for nearly an hour while "knowing he did not have permission to be in the building and despite being told to leave.":snip:

OMG! :o Why that's 3,000 Seconds!

Judge questions whether Jan. 6 rioters have been treated unfairly

WASHINGTON (AP) — Rejecting the recommendation of prosecutors, a federal judge sentenced a Jan. 6 rioter to probation on Friday and suggested that the Justice Department was being too hard on those who broke into the Capitol compared to the people arrested during anti-racism protests following George Floyd’s murder.

U.S. District Court Judge Trevor McFadden questioned why federal prosecutors had not brought more cases against those accused in 2020 summertime protests, reading out statistics on riot cases in the nation’s capital that were not prosecuted.

“I think the U.S. attorney would have more credibility if it was even-handed in its concern about riots and mobs in this city,” McFadden said during Danielle Doyle’s sentencing for entering the Capitol on Jan. 6 with a throng of other rioters. Prosecutors recommended two months of home confinement for Doyle, who is from Oklahoma.:snip:

@Geee

OMG! On June 7, 2017, President Trump (well know Neo-Nazi) nominated McFadden to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. But wait it gets worse He is a member of the (Racist) Federalist Society.

• Haha 1

Judge questions whether Jan. 6 rioters have been treated unfairly

WASHINGTON (AP) — Rejecting the recommendation of prosecutors, a federal judge sentenced a Jan. 6 rioter to probation on Friday and suggested that the Justice Department was being too hard on those who broke into the Capitol compared to the people arrested during anti-racism protests following George Floyd’s murder.

U.S. District Court Judge Trevor McFadden questioned why federal prosecutors had not brought more cases against those accused in 2020 summertime protests, reading out statistics on riot cases in the nation’s capital that were not prosecuted.

“I think the U.S. attorney would have more credibility if it was even-handed in its concern about riots and mobs in this city,” McFadden said during Danielle Doyle’s sentencing for entering the Capitol on Jan. 6 with a throng of other rioters. Prosecutors recommended two months of home confinement for Doyle, who is from Oklahoma.:snip:

The Radical Prosecutor in Charge of the January 6 Investigations

In July, the acting U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia dismissed a case against a Black Lives Matter protester charged with attacking a federal police officer last summer in Lafayette Square. 

Channing Phillips, currently in charge of the office, dropped the charge after the defendant’s lawyer argued the facial recognition technology used to identify the suspect was unreliable and racist. Glenn Ivey, the defense lawyer, is a high-priced D.C.-area criminal attorney who just happened to work with Phillips in the 1990s.

The biased swamp in action.

Phillips, however, has not been as lenient with defendants facing charges for entering the Capitol on January 6. His office now is handling roughly 650 active criminal cases; the investigation is overwhelming his office and the court system. (On any given day, roughly half of the hearings in the D.C. federal district court are related to the Capitol breach probe.)

Channing Phillips is not a household name, but he is arguably one of the most powerful men in Washington right now, overseeing the Biden regime’s nationwide dragnet for Americans who protested Joe Biden’s election. This is Phillips’ third stint as acting U.S. attorney for D.C., having been twice appointed by Barack Obama to temporarily fill the position. In between, Phillips worked as senior advisor for Attorney General Eric Holder and then his successor, Loretta Lynch.:snip: