January 6th

Geee

3 minutes ago, Geee said:

FBI Finds ‘Scant Evidence’ That January 6 Riot Was ‘Result Of Organized Plot To Overturn’ Election: Reuters

The FBI has reportedly found little evidence that the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, was part of an organized plot to overturn the results of the election.

More Here At Power Line

But we’ve been told that the events of January 6 were an “insurrection,” and the gravest threat to American democracy since the Civil War. And this narrative is the pretext for the Biden Administration to claim “domestic terrorism” is the single greatest security threat facing the country. And also the pretext for banning Trump from social media platforms because he incited the mess.

As with the Muller report on the 2016 election, don’t expect the left, and the media, to give up on their “insurrection” narrative easily.

image004-1.png?w=567&ssl=1

FBI Raids Home of Couple Accused of January 6 Capitol Trespassing, Aims Gun at Their Child, Father Claims

Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, (FBI) raided a farm near Covington, Ga., looking for a husband-and-wife team accused of walking into the Capitol on January 6. The couple insists they didn’t enter the building and claims the FBI aimed a gun with a laser sight at their 11-year-old daughter. Forty FBI agents, reportedly arriving in four armored vehicles, moved in on the family’s farm at 7 a.m. on August 10.:snip:

Group trying to hold Capitol Hill rally to spotlight those still held in connection with Jan. 6 riot

nonprofit group inspired by former President Trump and working-class politics is set to hold a rally next month on Capitol Hill to spotlight people arrested and still incarcerated in connection with the Capitol riot over seven months ago.

The group, Look Ahead America, plans to hold the "#JusticeForJ6" rally Sept. 18.

The nonpartisan group has held similar rallies including one outside of Justice Department headquarters, amid concerns those arrested in the Jan. 6 incident are still behind bars without due process and in some cases needlessly in solitary confinement. 

The LAA website shows roughly 567 cases with less than 10 closed. 

CBS News reports similar numbers – 615 arrested and charged, with over 200 being indicted by a grand jury.:snip:

We Republicans may have our faults, but if we were actually going to stage an insurrection, at least one of us would remember to bring a firearm.

Along the same lines, if we were to undertake an insurrection, we would not call on a “shaman” wearing horns and a fur hat to lead it.

John Hinderaker

1 hour ago, Valin said:

We Republicans may have our faults, but if we were actually going to stage an insurrection, at least one of us would remember to bring a firearm.

Along the same lines, if we were to undertake an insurrection, we would not call on a “shaman” wearing horns and a fur hat to lead it.

John Hinderaker

Liberals invaded the Capitol building in Madison Wisconsin when Scott Walker was first elected Governor. They stayed there for days and caused just as much or more damage as in Washington. They were praised up and down by liberals from all over the country. It has occurred to me in the last couple of days to see if they even suffered any punishment but I haven't got around to it.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Liberals invaded the Capitol building in Madison Wisconsin when Scott Walker was first elected Governor. They stayed there for days and caused just as much or more damage as in Washington. They were praised up and down by liberals from all over the country. It has occurred to me in the last couple of days to see if they even suffered any punishment but I haven't got around to it.

But...But...But That was different. don't ask how. 🙂

Tucker Carlson sees coverup plot behind announcement FBI found little evidence of coordination among Jan. 6 demonstrators

Most conservative commentators have reacted with glee to a report from Reuters that:

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

“FBI Destroys Insurrection Narrative,” headlined Legal Insurrection. And it’s hard to avoid a sense of triumph that a ridiculous slur against Trump supporters, a plot worthy of comparison to the Reichstag Fire in its effort to discredit opposition, has been repudiated, albeit anonymously from 4 sources.

But Tucker Carlson, the most important conservative commentator of the moment, takes his reasoning a full step farther. In the penultimate segment of the Friday edition of Tucker Carlson Tonight, he asked, “Why is the FBI exonerating people?”

After reviewing the months of the 180 degrees opposite narrative, put out by the FBI and broadcast by the progressive media, that an organized insurrection took place, he suggests a sinister motive behind the leaked story to Reuters.  “If there was organization going on, some of it came from the feds.”:snip:

Aug 23 2021

The January 6 "Insurrection" narrative is imploding in real time. Here's the latest.

This is from their Live Feed podcast they do every Sunday Night. Six PM everysunday Good Stuff.

5 hours ago, Valin said:

Screen-Shot-2021-08-22-at-8.19.38-PM.png

A couple of things you might take note of.

1. They all have REAL Assault Rifles. And Magazines that hold more  than 4 rounds. On Jan. 6 the Only people armed were the police, who proceeded to shot and kill an unarmed protester, because they were frightened. Of what, someone was going to say harsh words at them before asking for a selfie?

2. No one is wearing a Mask or social distancing. :o

I really wish our Progressive Friends, would go out on a CLUE Hunt, Maybe they could find one. Of course they probably wouldn't know what to do with it if they found one.

This is what passes as Thinking At DU

Regarding Ashli Babbitt breaking into the Capitol

and getting shot and killed. I keep thinking of the many many stories of gun owners shooting and killing people on their property maybe in their yards maybe in their homes and one of the defenses is the “castle” defense. People have the right to defend their property. It’s always like this with Republicans. What’s good for the goose is never good for the gander with them. So they are all up in arms over this woman being shot and killed who was among armed insurrections crawling through a broken window to attack OUR castle. I just can’t with them.

Ya know how I keep saying "I'm Just Not That Bright"?

We are in the process of reconsidering that statement.

Aug. 30 2021

According to a Notice to Court, John Pierce is on a ventilator due to Covid 19. And his 17 clients seems to be left without representation.

33 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

What Next Liz gets hired by MSNBC, and Co-Hosts a show with Rachael Maddow?

Well, she has to cash in on her new enlightened 'Republican' status when they kick her out on her ass.

• Like 1

@Geee

I Really Don't Understand Liz Cheney (actually all those who voted with the Democrats on this). I mean she's Not stupid, she had to no this was the end of her political career, and she had a good one going, when she decided to commit political suicide. I suspect many Republicans who sided with Trump were not hard core Trumpers, but they were smart enough to know which way the wind was blowing...ie smart politicians.

(Once Again) I..Just..Don't..Get..It. I wish her and those who voted with her) long happy lives, but they are Gone, Done..Stick a fork in them they're done, turn out the lights the party is over.

Iowa Man Charged in Capitol “Insurrection” Is Sent Back To Jail For Watching Mike Lindell’s Cyber Symposium

:snip:

Judge Timothy J. Kelly said he let Jensen out of jail previously because Jensen had represented that he was misled by a “pack of lies.” But now, Kelly said, it was clear that Jensen hadn’t had the “wake-up call that he needs” to comply with his conditions of release in the future.

So, in other words, as long as Jenson admits that the election wasn’t stolen, he would remain free.

“I will order his release revoked, and I order that he be remanded into the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service at this time,” Kelly said.

Jensen was released from jail, over the government’s objection, under strict conditions in July. As BuzzFeed News reported last month, a court officer discovered Jensen was using a WiFi-connected iPhone to watch videos online, and had watched a so-called “cyber symposium” that was hosted by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, a prominent conspiracy theorist, who has boosted baseless claims that the 2020 election was stolen.

That seems like a logical reason to send someone to jail in the United States of America… right?:snip:

Jacob Chansley Pleads Guilty to Obstruction, Remains in Jail

Jacob Chansley, arguably the most iconic figure of the January 6 protest at the U.S. Capitol, today pleaded guilty to one count of obstruction of an official proceeding.

Chansley, 33, turned himself in to law enforcement and was arrested on January 9. A grand jury indicted Chansley two days later on six nonviolent counts including obstruction, civil disorder, and “parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building.” The remaining counts will be dropped.

Judge Royce Lamberth accepted Chansely’s plea agreement with Joe Biden’s Justice Department, which continues to arrest and charge Americans for even minor involvement in the Capitol protest. Nearly 200 defendants face the obstruction charge, a felony added to mostly misdemeanor cases. (I explained the charge here in March.)

Lawyers for some January 6 defendants are challenging the charge in court, insisting it does not apply to political protests or the certification of the Electoral College. One federal judge last month warned prosecutors the obstruction charge suffers from a “constitutional vagueness problem.”:snip: