Jump to content

January 6th


Geee
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tucker Carlson: Why Didn't Investigators Interview Capitol Hill Police Officer That Killed Ashli Babbitt?

Tucker Carlson asks why Congress and investigators did not interview the Capitol Hill police officer that killed Ashli Babbitt on January 6, 2021, on Wednesday's broadcast of his Fox News program.

 

 

TUCKER CARLSON, FOX NEWS: In an investigation of a shooting death, any shooting death the first step is always to speak to the person who pulled the trigger. That's not always possible, obviously but it is always the goal. Every time. Naturally, everyone assumed that would happen in the case of Michael Byrd, he's the one who killed an unarmed woman called Ashli Babbitt without warning in the Capitol last January 6th. Byrd is a senior Capitol Hill police officer. He has a documented and a public history of dangerous and reckless behavior with a firearm. So obviously, investigators would interview Michael Byrd as they tried to determine whether actually Babbitt's killing was justified. No one doubted that. But today we learn that never happened. According to officials in the Washington, D.C. police department, Byrd was never interviewed by investigators. Byrd never gave a statement about what he had done. It all comes from a shocking new piece in RealClear Investigations that reveals Byrd did not even invoke his Fifth Amendment right to silence. The FBI And D.C. Police just didn't talk to him. Apparently, they didn't want to. They didn't want the details.

 

And this left Michael Byrd free to conduct his own personal publicity tour which he promptly did with the collusion of an anchor on "NBC News:snip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes charged with ‘seditious conspiracy’ related to Capitol riot

The Justice Department announced on Thursday that Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes and 10 others were charged with “seditious conspiracy” related to the Capitol riot of Jan. 6, 2021.

Prosecutors revealed that Rhodes and the other defendants were accused of seditious conspiracy and other crimes “related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, which disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election.”:snip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ray Epps uncharged in Capitol riot, but feds arrested woman engaged in similar conduct

Defenders of Ray Epps contend he has not been arrested because he didn't break the law during the Capital riots, but a woman caught on video standing next to him is facing up to a year in prison for being in a "restricted area" — something Epps was also filmed doing.

Raechel Genco was seen on video standing just feet away from Epps on Jan. 6 as he whispered into the ear of her boyfriend, Ryan Samsel, who promptly led a mob that stormed a police barricade. But unlike Samsel, the 38-year-old Pennsylvania woman simply stood by. And unlike Epps, Genco was not seen a day earlier encouraging a crowd to enter the Capitol illegally.:snip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Valin said:

I missed the part where they Actually answered a question.

It's almost like listening to Brandon

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Capitol Cop Who Shot Ashli Babbitt Refused To Answer Investigators' Questions

:snip:

  • After being cleared by the Department of Justice and the Capitol and District of Columbia police, Byrd went on “NBC Nightly News” to tell anchor Lester Holt that he issued fair warning to Babbitt before firing on shooting the Air Force veteran -- but he never swore that under penalty of perjury to investigators.
  • “He didn’t provide any statement to investigators and they didn’t push him to make a statement,” Babbitt family attorney Terry Roberts told RCI, calling the probe a “whitewash.”
  • Byrd did not invoke his Fifth Amendment right to remain silent, which makes the reluctance of authorities to lean on him or sanction him for not cooperating all the more puzzling.
  • Documents reveal that eyewitnesses — including three cops — told investigators they did not hear Byrd give Babbitt any warnings, contradicting what Byrd told NBC.
  • Byrd admitted to Holt that he never actually saw Babbitt brandish a weapon -- a fact that use-of-force experts writing for the Lawfare blog found problematic.
  • The Democrat-dominated House Jan. 6 panel has not explored the Babbitt killing -- the worst violence of the day and one of the most high-profile officer-involved shooting cases in U.S. history.
  • Meanwhile, the feds have thrown the book at suspected Capitol rioters.:snip:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Geee said:

Capitol Cop Who Shot Ashli Babbitt Refused To Answer Investigators' Questions

:snip:

  • After being cleared by the Department of Justice and the Capitol and District of Columbia police, Byrd went on “NBC Nightly News” to tell anchor Lester Holt that he issued fair warning to Babbitt before firing on shooting the Air Force veteran -- but he never swore that under penalty of perjury to investigators.
  • “He didn’t provide any statement to investigators and they didn’t push him to make a statement,” Babbitt family attorney Terry Roberts told RCI, calling the probe a “whitewash.”
  • Byrd did not invoke his Fifth Amendment right to remain silent, which makes the reluctance of authorities to lean on him or sanction him for not cooperating all the more puzzling.
  • Documents reveal that eyewitnesses — including three cops — told investigators they did not hear Byrd give Babbitt any warnings, contradicting what Byrd told NBC.
  • Byrd admitted to Holt that he never actually saw Babbitt brandish a weapon -- a fact that use-of-force experts writing for the Lawfare blog found problematic.
  • The Democrat-dominated House Jan. 6 panel has not explored the Babbitt killing -- the worst violence of the day and one of the most high-profile officer-involved shooting cases in U.S. history.
  • Meanwhile, the feds have thrown the book at suspected Capitol rioters.:snip:

 

This guy is sooo full of BS he could fertilize a corn field.

cap6shoot800_cap6shoot.jpg?1625844527&f=

 

They got *scared, then they screwed up, now they a covering up.

* These a (supposedly) professionals with years of training and experience. Now I'm speaking as someone with A Little training and no experience i crowd control.  Every Cop i this photo screwed up, is acting wrong, are out of position to defend this room. They are acting like a bunch civilians.

Everyday at guard mount we were told Never Fire Your Weapon Unless you Know where the round is going. Byrd didn't. He Couldn't. He fired blindly into a crowd, because he was scared.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Valin said:

 

This guy is sooo full of BS he could fertilize a corn field.

cap6shoot800_cap6shoot.jpg?1625844527&f=

 

They got *scared, then they screwed up, now they a covering up.

* These a (supposedly) professionals with years of training and experience. Now I'm speaking as someone with A Little training and no experience i crowd control.  Every Cop i this photo screwed up, is acting wrong, are out of position to defend this room. They are acting like a bunch civilians.

Everyday at guard mount we were told Never Fire Your Weapon Unless you Know where the round is going. Byrd didn't. He Couldn't. He fired blindly into a crowd, because he was scared.

There has to be a reason why officers that took place in this incident committed suicide. I don't believe in coincidence. A lot of people that choose to be officers have a moral code. When they know they have broken that moral code and can't do anything about it, it eats away at them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Geee said:

There has to be a reason why officers that took place in this incident committed suicide. I don't believe in coincidence. A lot of people that choose to be officers have a moral code. When they know they have broken that moral code and can't do anything about it, it eats away at them

Possibly. My larger point is I don't believe for one minute they Really investigated this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Babbitt Tried to Stop Attack on Capitol Speaker’s Lobby, Video Shows

 

Video shows female Trump supporter's desperate pleas to prevent rioters from breaking windows: "Stop! No! Don’t! Wait!"

Ashli Babbitt desperately tried to prevent rioters from vandalizing the doors leading to the Speaker’s Lobby at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, even stepping between one troublemaker and police officers guarding the doors, a video analysis shows.:snip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Republicans focus on Jan. 6 inmate treatment during House hearing

Republican interest in the treatment of people charged in connection to the Capitol riot detained in Washington, D.C., jails is not just limited to firebrand Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, as House Republicans made it a top priority during a congressional hearing Friday.

Julie Kelly, a senior writer at American Greatness and self-described “Jan. 6 truth seeker,” was a witness selected by Republicans on Friday at a House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security hearing that aimed to examine the First Step Act, prison responses to the coronavirus pandemic, and “compassionate release.”:snip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oath Keepers Leader Pleads Not Guilty to Seditious Conspiracy

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes has pleaded not guilty to the charge of “seditious conspiracy.”

Rhodes, and ten other members of the organization, were arrested and charged with the extreme offense over their roles in the January 6 protest at the Capitol.

 

“A federal grand jury in the District of Columbia returned an indictment yesterday, which was unsealed today, charging 11 defendants with seditious conspiracy and other charges for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, which disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election,” the Justice Department said in a press release about the arrests.

On Tuesday, Rhodes and most of his co-defendants entered pleas of “not guilty” at a preliminary hearing before a federal judge in Washington, D.C.:snip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Geee said:

@Valin  Note that the guy in the red hat has an alpaca on the ledge over his shoulder ;)

 

That's because they have James O'Keefe once in a while

Retracto_338_Thumbnail.jpg?w=355&h=188&q

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Valin said:

 

That's because they have James O'Keefe once in a while

Retracto_338_Thumbnail.jpg?w=355&h=188&q

 

I didn't know he was an Alpaca;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Geee said:

I didn't know he was an Alpaca;)

He sends one to every "Journalist" who ends up o the Wall Of Shame.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

'Walk Away' Activist Brandon Straka Can Finally Speak About Being Under the FBI's Thumb After Jan 6

“I hardly know where to begin,” Brandon Straka wrote in his first message to the outside world in a year. On January 25, 2021, “an FBI swat team came into my home at dawn, put me in handcuffs, and put me in a cell for several days.” The crime? Being at the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Straka was in D.C., as many activists were, to give a speech on Trump’s behalf. Going to, but not inside, the Capitol Building after President Trump’s speech turned into a “year long nightmare” in which he suffered “from the abuse of the legal process” and a “savage campaign to destroy me. It didn’t.”

The feds charged the hairdresser-turned-activist with impeding law enforcement during civil disorder, knowingly entering and remaining on restricted grounds, and disorderly conduct for his actions a year ago. They settled for one guilty plea for being in a restricted area outside the Capitol Building.

Nearly four years ago, Straka organized his well-regarded effort to encourage people to “walk away” from his political party, the Democrats.:snip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Geee said:

Capitol rioter sentenced to 44 months behind bars for assaulting police officers

federal judge on Wednesday ordered a 44-month prison sentence for a South Carolina man who threw objects at police during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot, then bragged online about his actions:snip:

Prosecutors win light sentence for man who set deadly fire during Floyd riots

A man who set a deadly fire in a Minneapolis pawn shop during the 2020 George Floyd riots was spared a murder charge and sentenced to just 10 years after federal prosecutors invoked Martin Luther King Jr. and asked the judge to show leniency.:snip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jan. 27 2022

Megyn Kelly is joined by Julie Kelly, Senior writer at “America Greatness,” to talk about Ray Epps, the Oath Keepers charged with "seditious conspiracy," other ongoing January 6 mysteries, and more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1653790953
×
×
  • Create New...