Slides into Abyss 🌋 Shattered Volcano Interriors (Fantastic!)

Valin

June 3 2021

If hell exist here you have a glimpse into it. At 00:12 you can see the shape of an angel with wings. Minutes after eruption we have those interrior wall slides back into the crater. Seems like the hot lava is very sticky. The burning lava rocks get glewed to the wall after the eruption but not all attach well and keep dropping back down and that is quite spectacular to observe. Filmed by me from Storihrutur and Langihryggur yesterday 2/3 June. The last footage is from past midnight, filmed on the way home.

Camera: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. It had got pretty decent zoom.

:thumbup:..:thumbup:..:thumbup:..:thumbup:

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Valin said:

June 3 2021

If hell exist here you have a glimpse into it. At 00:12 you can see the shape of an angel with wings. Minutes after eruption we have those interrior wall slides back into the crater. Seems like the hot lava is very sticky. The burning lava rocks get glewed to the wall after the eruption but not all attach well and keep dropping back down and that is quite spectacular to observe. Filmed by me from Storihrutur and Langihryggur yesterday 2/3 June. The last footage is from past midnight, filmed on the way home.

Camera: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. It had got pretty decent zoom.

:thumbup:..:thumbup:..:thumbup:..:thumbup:

Its amazing how beautiful something so destructive can be.

• Like 1

June 3 2021

The way home. Night walk by the lava. Walking on lava edges. Examining the picrite lava. June 3. Scientists at the University of Iceland are analysing the lava.  To date, they have reported that the lava is a primitive one (i.e. little magma evolution in the crust), indicative of a mantle source at a depth of 17 km to 20 km.  

LOVE This Stuff!

The crater lake rose up significantly and still rising. Lava might start spilling over on all sides as in shield volcanoes. Filmed June 8. New updates coming tomorrow.

:wub:

Creeping lava. New lava arrival in Nátthagi valley. June 29. Filmed by my wife Nina. I increased the original audio sound so that you could hear all the cracking sounds that lava makes:) Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have not checked in a while on where the flow has gone in relation to the ocean (and main road).  Have to find the map again.

1 hour ago, clearvision said:

I have not checked in a while on where the flow has gone in relation to the ocean (and main road).  Have to find the map again.

• Like 1

Aug. 27 2021

Fagradalsfjall Volcano in Iceland delivers basaltic lava from the Mantle of Earth (happened for the first time since Iceland had been settled in 874 AD.) of low viscosity (with high gas and sulfur content) which is able to travel miles away from the volcano. Volcano continues to suprise, already for 6 months. Every week we witness staggaring and unseen events! Filmed by Nina today 26.08.21.

Article from "Icelandic Times": "ICELAND’S FIRST MANTLE ERUPTION IN HISTORICAL TIMES

(Snip)

• 2 weeks later...

FULL  SCREEN

Today I completed 38th trip to the eruption site, just alone. I left Thorlakshöfn around 4 pm and returned to the parking lot at 10 pm. Good 5 hours hike. I walked Trail A and later climbed to the summit of Fagradalsfjall mountain (for the first time actually!). 3 drone flights completed with zoom-ins into the crater in different times of the day. Though volcano had been unactive it had been a fascinating journey, as always.