Federal authorities search Rudy Giuliani’s New York apartment

Valin

federal-authorities-search-rudy-giulianis-new-york-apartment
Just The News

The investigators reportedly confiscated Giuliani’s electronic devices.

Just the News staff

Updated: April 28, 2021 - 2:26pm

Federal authorities in New York on Wednesday searched former city Mayor and President Trump's attorney's Upper West Side apartment, as part of a criminal probe into his work in Ukraine, according to multiple news reports.

The investigators confiscated Rudy Giuliani’s electronic devices as part of a search warrant, according to the New York Times, which cited sources. 

Authorities are investigating whether Giuliani lobbied the Trump administration in 2019 illegally on behalf of Ukrainian officials and businessmen. 

At the same time, those Ukrainian officials allegedly helped Giuliani search for dirt on Trump’s political rivals, including now President Biden.

The United States Attorney’s office in Manhattan and the F.B.I. have for months sought to secure a search warrant for Giuliani’s phones.

(Snip)

@Valin - tried to find it but I couldn't. In scanning articles this morning, I saw one that said they took everything except the incriminating material he had about Hunter Biden (No really! I'm not being sarcastic)

2 hours ago, Geee said:

@Valin - tried to find it but I couldn't. In scanning articles this morning, I saw one that said they took everything except the incriminating material he had about Hunter Biden (No really! I'm not being sarcastic)

Yes a low key story in the MSM, unless the DOJ finds away to nail his hide to the wall. Something  I think is happening is the Democrats and the  Deep State are going after anyone connected to the Trump Administration. Not so much to convict/jail anyone (not that they wouldn't if they could), but as a warning, Don't stray from The Path They Have Laid Down.  If they can come after Rudy Giuliani a High ranking long serving member of the permanent government, they'll come after anyone.

Now I'm sounding like some conspiracy nutter. Doing that a lot lately.

As I posted before

"Culturally, Politically seeing less & less room for live and let live...lose today, there another battle tomorrow. The tribes are sorting themselves out. The Tribes are not Left/Right, Rich/Poor/Republican/Democrat, Minority/Majority, Religious/Non-Religous. Not sure how to describe Our Side from Their Side, but of this I am sure there are US & THEM. I am fairly sure who is an US and who is a THEM.

The way I have been looking at politics/culture may not be valid anymore, or are becoming Less Valid."

Rudy Giuliani’s First Interview About FBI Raid Goes Just As You’d Expect

Trump’s former personal lawyer joined forces with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson to somehow make it about Hunter Biden.

Josephine Harvey

Apr. 30 2021

Rudy Giuliani went on Fox News on Thursday to tell his version of events after the FBI raided his home Wednesday, and it was totally on-brand.

Giuliani, who was a personal attorney for former President Donald Trump, had his electronic devices seized as part of a federal investigation into his business dealings with Ukraine.

Speaking to Tucker Carlson in his first TV interview since the raid, Giuliani sought to blame his go-to target: President Joe Biden’s son Hunter. Such was the frequency of his references to the man that at one point he accidentally called his interviewer Hunter.

(Snip)

The Giuliani corrections

Scott Johnson

May 2 2021

I expressed my doubt about a two of Rudy Giuliani’s statements to Tucker Carlson last week here. In that post I also took a cynical look at two New York Times stories on the case giving rise to the warrants. I don’t take anything either Giuliani or the Times says at face value.

The New York Post has now rounded up corrections on a related point made by the Times, the Washington Post, and NBC. The related point bears on an alleged FBI warning about Russian disinformation. Russia! Russia! Russia!

Here is the Times on the second of the two Giuliani warrant stories it ran last week: “An earlier version of this article misstated whether Rudolph W. Giuliani received a formal warning from the F.B.I. about Russian disinformation. Mr. Giuliani did not receive such a so-called defensive briefing.” The Times correction comes in the form of a note attached to the story.

(Snip)

Alan Dershowitz slams FBI raid of Giuliani's home and compares US to 'banana republics'

Lawyer Alan Dershowitz slammed the FBI’s raid of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s home, likening the United States to “banana republics.”

“In banana republics, in Castro‘s Cuba, in many parts of the world when a candidate loses for president, they go after the candidate, they go after his lawyers, they go after his friends,” Dershowitz said in a podcast interview with host John Catsimatidis on Sunday.

“That’s happening in America now. They’re going after Rudy Giuliani,” he continued.

The FBI raided Giuliani's Manhattan home and office last Wednesday, investigating whether he illegally lobbied the Trump administration on behalf of Ukrainian officials.:snip:

• Like 1

May 3 2021

Rudy Giuliani raided by the FBI in the latest illustration of a broken, politicized, and weaponized "intelligence" agency. What it all means here. www.vivabarneslaw.locals.com

Prosecutors seek 'special master' to review items FBI seized from Giuliani

(CNN)Federal prosecutors in Manhattan have asked a judge to appoint a "special master" -- or independent review -- for materials seized when the FBI executed search warrants on Rudy Giuliani's home and office last week.

Calling it a step that would be appropriate to ensure attorney-client privilege is protected, prosecutors filed the request under seal last Thursday, the day after the searches were conducted. The letter was unsealed Tuesday.

The filing from prosecutors said they had consulted with Giuliani's counsel and that he would file a response.

•  

Giuliani's attorney, Robert Costello, had indicated shortly after the searches that he intended to pursue a court challenge to protect potential privilege issues concerning Giuliani's clients, who previously included former President Donald Trump.:snip:

• Like 1