BREAKING: Riot breaks out in Minneapolis suburb after police fatally shoot man

Valin

rioters-clash-with-police-in-minneapolis-suburb
Alpha News

Riot police were called in to control a crowd in Brooklyn Center after a man was shot by police during a traffic stop.

Kyle Hooten

April 11, 2021

Rioters clashed with police in a Minneapolis suburb Sunday evening after an officer involved shooting left a suspect dead earlier in the day.

Police pulled a driver over for a traffic violation around 2 p.m. near 63rd Avenue North and Orchard Avenue in Brooklyn Center. After determining that the driver had an outstanding warrant, an officer attempted to make an arrest. The suspect was shot when attempting to reenter his vehicle, then drove several blocks, crashed into another vehicle and died, according to the Brooklyn Center Police Department. The passenger in the suspect’s vehicle was also injured.

A crowd gathered near the scene of the officer involved shooting Sunday afternoon. As tensions escalated, riot police arrived to control the demonstrators who were filmed jumping on cop cars.

(Snip)

(Snip)

(Snip)

I am closely monitoring the situation in Brooklyn Center. Gwen and I are praying for Daunte Wright’s family as our state mourns another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement.

I’m angry and heartbroken at how unrelenting this trauma is for our community. My heart is with Daunte Wright’s family, but especially his mother who spoke to her son for the last time today. It’s too much.

Replying to

The trauma of yet another Black man dying at the hands of law enforcement weighs heavy on our state.

National Guard deployed as riots break out in Minneapolis after police involved shooting

We are continuing to monitor the situation. As Mayor, I am imposing a curfew in the City Of Brooklyn Center. The curfew will be in place until 6am on Monday April 12, 2021. We want to make sure everyone is safe. Please be safe and please go home.
EywHiqOVgAA1tDr?format=jpg&name=small

·8h
Latest #BLM violence near Minneapolis sparked by police shooting of #DaunteWright. He was wanted on a warrant when he attempted to flee by car. He was shot & drove a distance before crashing into others. His FB is filled w/him flashing gang signs, using drugs & showing off cash.
EyxXvFeWQAA6Dbb?format=jpg&name=360x360EyxXzP3XMAEXu3F?format=jpg&name=small
EyxX2IoXEAMqaQS?format=png&name=360x360EyxX6C6WEAk8Jv3?format=jpg&name=small

“s^#@! I shot him.”

John Hinderaker

April 12, 2021

Bodycam footage has been released on the police shooting last night in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. Three police officers, one black man, one white man and one woman, stopped a vehicle being driven by 20-year-old Daunte Wright. Wright was wanted on an arrest warrant.

Initially Wright got out of his car, but then apparently changed his mind, fought with police officers, climbed back into his car and drove away. As the officers were struggling with Wright, the police woman attempted to tase him. Evidently she accidentally pulled out her gun rather than her taser and shot Wright with it. I believe the Brooklyn Center Police Department has already fired her, or announced its intention to do so.

Riot? What Riot?

John Hinderaker

April 13, 2021

Most of the Twin Cities metro area was under a 7:00 p.m. curfew last night, leading to cancellation of a Minnesota Twins home game and other sports events. Rioting and looting were widespread in Brooklyn Center, where the police encounter with Daunte Wright took place, and elsewhere. The National Guard was deployed along with local law enforcement to try to limit the damage done by rioters.

(Snip)

The correct term, apparently, is “mostly peaceful protest.”

The Star Tribune, on the other hand, knows how to toe the party line. Its “news” story fails to describe Duante Wright’s struggle with the police officers in his attempt to flee the scene, instead decorously saying that “he slipped back into the driver’s seat.” Then we get this editorializing:

Once again, a Black man died during a police encounter. In an instant, the world’s focus on Minnesota shifted from the trial of Derek Chauvin to a new outrage that brought street protests, promises of reform, and anguish over a relentless pattern of deadly police misconduct.

The Strib adds this absurdity:

A “blue line” flag — a sign of law enforcement support, co-opted by extremists and viewed by many activists as a symbol of opposition to the racial justice movement — waved below the American flag on the pole in front of the police station.

Meanwhile, the defense begins its case today in the homicide trial of Derek Chauvin. Good luck with that.

Seattle activists march and vandalize stores in solidarity with rioters and looters in Minnesota

Activists marching through downtown Seattle Monday night vandalized multiple businesses following an officer involved fatal shooting of Duante Wright in Minnesota Sunday.

(Snip)

(Snip)

Picture6.png

(Snip)

·18h

Police are monitoring a group marching #downtown. Multiple businesses along 5th Ave have been vandalized as the group marches southbound. Police have given multiple warnings to not block traffic and keep demonstration peaceful. Group currently at 5th Ave and Columbia St.
Ey0xtynUYAIiSIx?format=jpg&name=small  Ey0xtynVcAEwRgN?format=jpg&name=360x360

Ey0xtyoU8AEcng1?format=jpg&name=small

(Snip)

Police chief, officer who shot Daunte Wright resign; city manager fired after defending due process[/b]

Elliott ]also announced that a pro-police flag outside the police department headquarters was taken down because the "community sees it as inflammatory."

Anthony Gockowski

April 13, 2021

(Snip)

Activists called for Gannon’s removal because of the crowd-control tactics he used during the first night of unrest in Brooklyn Center. The City Council also fired City Manager Curt Boganey after he defended Potter’s due process rights.

“All employees working for the city of Brooklyn Center are entitled to due process with respect to discipline,” Boganey said before he was fired. “This employee will receive due process and that’s really all that I can say today.”

Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said she voted in favor of firing Boganey because she was concerned for her own safety, Fox News reported.

“He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly,” Lawrence-Anderson said. “I didn’t want repercussions at a personal level.”

Elliott also announced that a pro-police flag outside the police department headquarters was taken down because the “community sees it as inflammatory.”

“With people coming to the department expressing their anger and seeing the flag, we don’t want the flag to be a flashpoint that angers people,” he said.

(Snip)

Thing to understand these people get their news from the local MSM. which is to say incomplete news, or all The news That Fits The Narrative.