Outrage against Yale Law for punishing famed author/professor who backed Kavanaugh for SCOTUS

Geee

outrage-against-yale-law-punishing-professor-who-supported-kavanaugh
Just the News

Yale Law School professor who supported Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation to the Supreme Court is fighting back against allegations that she held "dinner parties" with students amid COVID-19 restrictions.

Amy Chua, known nationally for her best-selling "Tiger Mother" memoir about aggressive Chinese-American parenting, denied the claims and accused the administration of "selectively leaking personnel files" in violation of Yale Law rules and "quite possibly" the law as well.

The Yale Daily News published a report Tuesday night that in response to the allegations Yale Law had stripped Chua of leading a "small group" of around 15 first-year students next year.

It also mentioned, but did not provide, a 2019 agreement between Chua and Dean Heather Gerken that purportedly required the professor to stop drinking and socializing with students outside of class and office hours.

Chua's Thursday letter to colleagues said the 2019 agreement had been "mischaracterized" by the newspaper and that "I do not believe I have violated" it. The report is "so out of sync with the truth I don't know where to begin," Chua wrote.

She has only met with a few students "in extreme distress" in recent months at her home, because the law school building is closed. Chua has not been "hosting wild parties during COVID," she tweeted about the News "hit job."

Blowback against Yale Law has been fierce. Legal personality and former Fox News host Megyn Kelly accused the administration of "trying to cancel" Chua "for absolutely nothing," tweeting that "this is retribution for her support of Bret[t] Kavanaugh." :snip: