The Week in Cancellation: Bonus Obama Edition?

Valin

the-week-in-cancellation-bonus-obama-edition.php
Power Line

Steven Hatward

Apr. 1 2021

I’ve had a theory for a while now, for which there is some suggestive empirical survey data, that the left began to go nuts a couple years before Trump rode down the escalator in 2015 and caused full-blown leftist insanity. The theory, first suggested to me by Charles Murray actually, is that the activist left was frustrated and angry by around 2014 that President Obama was such a huge disappointment. He was the “lightworker,” almost literally the second coming of Jesus. And from the point of view of the left, what did he actually deliver? A crappy health care plan is about it.

Gitmo, which was supposed to be closed within a year (it was his first executive order I believe) is still open today—and notice that the media and the left aren’t screaming about it as a human rights stain on America any more? Card check for labor unions didn’t pass. Immigration reform didn’t pass, though of course he tried to liberalize immigration through another executive order. Climate change action? That also went down in flames in Congress, and his attempt to nationalize the electric power sector through the so-called “Clean Power Plan” was blocked in the courts, and then dumped by Trump. We’ll see whether Biden tries to revive it in some new form.

So we shouldn’t be surprised to see this delicious story:

Activists protest renaming Chicago school after ‘oppressor’ Barack Obama

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Then

Now (This Time Its Real) :lmfao:

__________________________________________________________________________________