Biden Orders Airstrike ‘Against Infrastructure’ in Syria Used by Iran-Backed Militias

Geee

biden-orders-airstrike-against-infrastructure-syria-used
CNS News

(CNSNews.com) – In the first known such action of the Biden administration, U.S. military forces have carried out “airstrikes against infrastructure utilized by Iranian-backed militant groups in eastern Syria,” Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said on Thursday evening, confirming that the president authorized the strikes in response to recent attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq.

The strikes came ten days after Iraqi Shi’ite militias fired several dozen rockets at a base in Erbil housing U.S.-led coalition troops, killing a civilian contractor and injuring an American service member among others. On Monday, rockets landed in Baghdad’s Green Zone, where the U.S. Embassy and other diplomatic missions are located.:snip:

Insanity Wrap #155: Bombing Syria Is Fine So Long as Biden Doesn't Tweet Mean Things at Assad

:snip:On February 25, 2021, Joe Biden ordered airstrikes on Syria.

On April 6, 2017, Joe Biden’s PresSec, Jen Psaki, tweeted this:

Psaki tweeted on Thursday for the first time since the inaugural, but it had nothing to do with Syria.

Instead, it was a retweet of a sight gag about sheep and cold weather along with this comment attached: “This is the kind of humor that makes my day.”

Insanity Wrap’s kind of humor is pointing out left-wing hypocrisy and cowardice, but we’re mean like that.:snip:

Biden mum on strikes against Iranian-backed militias in Syria as Democrats call for explanation

President Biden remained notably silent on Friday after authorizing airstrikes against Iranian-backed militias in Syria on Thursday night as some of his Democratic allies call for an explanation of a move that raises the stakes for his nuclear negotiation efforts with Iran.

During former President Barack Obama's term, congressional Democrats were often frustrated by his targeted drone and other military strikes on extremist organization operatives and targets. They attempted to negotiate a new force-authorization measure to cover targeted strikes but could not even agree on the definitions of key terms with Republicans, the Obama White House, and even themselves.

“The American people deserve to hear the administration’s rationale for these strikes,” Virginia Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine said in a statement. “Offensive military action without congressional approval is not constitutional absent extraordinary circumstances. Congress must be fully briefed on this matter expeditiously."

The Pentagon late Thursday characterized the retaliatory strikes against infrastructure used by militant groups Kait’ib Hezbollah and Kait’ib Sayyid al-Shuhada as “defensive” in nature.:snip:

35 minutes ago, Geee said:

I have No problem with bombing Bad Guys. I DO have issues with many of our friends on the Left. Example from DU

US carries out air strikes in Syria targeting Iranian backed militia structures

dhill926 (11,775 posts)

1. a year ago this headline would have scared the s^#@ out of me....

now I'm just curious to follow the story...

• Sad 1