What Is Happening with Our Military?

Draggingtree

what-is-happening-with-our-military
Ricochet

What Is Happening with Our Military?

Front Seat Cat

February 4, 2021

I woke up to two headlines that seem very worrisome to me. I love our military. My dad and uncles fought for this country from Germany, Japan and Italy. Our military sacrifice daily for our freedoms and also for the protection of our Allies around the world. Their families sacrifice by holding the family together as their loved ones are deployed. They have one mission – to defend our beloved homeland against all enemies foreign and domestic.

So is it smart in these very unsettled times, as a new administration unfolds, to ask the Branches of our military to “stand down” – announce the time frame, to address supposed racial issues, “white supremacy,” and political beliefs over the mission at hand? I find this shocking. This is the story announcing this “probe”:  :snip: 

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin Issues 60-Day ‘Stand Down’ Order to Address ‘Extremism’ in the Military

Joe Biden’s Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin has issued an unprecedented “stand down” order for the entirety of the United States military over the course of the next 60 days, for the purpose of addressing alleged “extremism” in the military’s ranks, as reported by Breitbart.

Austin announced the decision in a Tweet on Wednesday, saying that he “met with senior leaders to discuss extremism in the military. As a first step, I’m ordering a stand down to occur over the next 60 days so each service, each command, and each unit can have a deeper conversation about this issue.”

Austin did not provide any specifics on what kind of “extremism” he expects to find within the military, nor did he present any proof that such “extremism” even exists. During his confirmation hearings, he said that he would make it his mission to “rid our ranks of racists and extremists.”:snip:

New Defense Secretary Commits to Transforming Armed Forces Into ‘Woke’ Military

*Note: The following is satire and not meant to be taken literally.

Less than a few weeks into his presidency, the Biden administration is already putting some exciting changes in place. Members of his cabinet are hard at work putting policies into place that will help the nation prosper.

Biden’s newly-anointed Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin, is already set on bringing positive changes to the military, which announced on Wednesday that it would be pausing regular activity within the next 60 days to tackle the issue of white nationalism and extremism. In order to make the progressive wing happy they are allowing members of the Marxist crowd to define what constitutes being a “white nationalist” or “extremist,” which means that our fighting forces are about to go through some rather dramatic changes.

To put it simply the United States military will be the most woke armed force in the entire world.:snip:

Joe Biden: ‘America Is Safer’ When Transgender Americans Can Serve Openly

President Joe Biden signed an executive order Monday overturning former President Donald Trump’s ban on some transgender individuals serving in the military.

“It’s simple: America is safer when everyone qualified to serve can do so openly and with pride,” Biden wrote on Twitter, describing Trump’s ban as “discriminatory.”:snip:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Military touts 'wonderful teams' of doctors for transgender troops, but combat concerns remain

The Pentagon is touting holistic medical solutions and flexibility for transgender service members, but some conservative military observers believe the Defense Department is not doing enough to ensure its approach will not hinder operations.

Then-President Barack Obama initiated a policy in 2016 allowing for and providing medical treatment short of surgery for transgender service members. Obama’s policy was reversed by the Trump administration, but transgender service members were allowed to remain in the military. In his first days in office, the Washington Examiner first reported that President Joe Biden restored the Obama policy and went further, expanding treatment options to include paying for expensive gender reassignment surgery.

In announcing the April 30 implementation of new transgender policies, the Pentagon on Wednesday declined to comment on a Washington Examiner question about how unit cohesion might be affected, citing ongoing litigation. A 2016 RAND study indicated “little or no impact,” and in testimony before Congress, military leaders have touted the benefits of diversity and inclusion.

44 minutes ago, Geee said:

I have a Small Question.  Of the 486,000+ members of the US Military, just how many are transgender? IF as I suspect it is much less than 1%, I have to ask, Why are we doing this?

That's not even considering the mental health issues that are prevalent with transgender people.

10 years ago, would this even be on Anyone's radar? 

1 hour ago, Valin said:

I have a Small Question.  Of the 486,000+ members of the US Military, just how many are transgender? IF as I suspect it is much less than 1%, I have to ask, Why are we doing this?

That's not even considering the mental health issues that are prevalent with transgender people.

10 years ago, would this even be on Anyone's radar? 

10 years ago people would say you were mental, if you read them most of todays headlines.

5 hours ago, Geee said:

10 years ago people would say you were mental, if you read them most of todays headlines.

Exactly my point.