Tulsi Gabbard Tears Into New Domestic Terrorism Proposals: 'We Don’t Have to Guess...Where This Goes'

Geee

‘Should Fox News be allowed to exist?’ Libs waste no time exploring their most censorious fantasies

Multiple far-left media zealots have in recent days called for Fox News and other conservative outlets to be permanently censored and silenced.

One of these zealots, Washington Post columnist and CNN analyst Max Boot, went so far as to equate Fox News with “foreign terrorist groups” and demand that President Joe Biden revive the now-defunct fairness doctrine to accomplish the job.

“[T]he United Kingdom doesn’t have its own version of Fox News, because it has a government regulator that metes out hefty fines to broadcasters that violate minimal standards of impartiality and accuracy. The United States hasn’t had that since the Federal Communications Commission stopped enforcing the ‘fairness’ doctrine in the 1980s. As president, Biden needs to reinvigorate the FCC.”

Another of the zealots, radically anti-freedom, anti-liberty zealot Anand Giridharadas of MSNBC, challenged the idea that networks like Fox should even be allowed to exist and called a new, “broader” Fairness Doctrine to be created.:snip:

Finally, a president who takes white supremacist violence seriously

Jan. 24, 2021
As part of the response to the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, the Biden administration will treat white supremacist violence as a national security threat. White House press secretary Jen Psaki made this clear in a news briefing on Friday: “The Biden administration will confront this threat with the necessary resources and resolve,” she said.

(Snip)

Former federal prosecutor Joyce White Vance approves of this approach. “Psaki’s comment goes to the heart of the matter — law enforcement and intelligence work has to be data driven,” she tells me. “We saw the impact of dismissing white supremacist groups as a terror threat because of the last administration’s political alignment. This put Americans in danger and there is no place for it.” Other former prosecutors agreed. “I am glad to see the federal government give the domestic terrorism threat the attention it deserves,” Barbara McQuade observes. “We need a thoughtful strategy that not only holds violent offenders accountable, but prevents attacks and protects civil liberties.”

Many progressive groups welcomed the announcement. Faiza Patel, co-director of the Liberty & National Security Program at the Brennan Center for Justice, tells me, “It’s about time that the federal government took seriously the threat of far-right violence. Civil society groups have long called for a fact-based assessment of this threat.” She notes, “The Justice Department doesn’t even publish a list of ‘domestic’ terrorism cases, and it has failed to comply with the requirements of the National Defense Authorization Act to report on far-right and white supremacist violence to Congress.”

(Snip)

Groups such as the American Civil Liberties Union are wary of “new legislation that will further entrench domestic terrorism authorities that harm communities of color,” an ACLU spokesman tells me. The Brennan Center for Justice, likewise, cautions that “we must ensure that we do not repeat the excesses of the ‘war on terror’ and that we respect Americans’ civil liberties.” They will need to hold the administration accountable for its promise to respect civil liberties as it fights domestic terror.

That said, it is a relief the new administration is seriously addressing domestic terrorism — finally.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm so old I remember when Jenny was a Conservative.

I'm also so old i remember when the John Birch Society was a huge threat (until WF Buckley dealt with them), Then it was the Militia's  that were a huge threat, next came The Tea Party, Now its the Pro-Trump supporters that will start a Civil War. 

4 words come to mind Give...Me...A...Break.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Unbelievable. Brings back the memories of the Democrats invading Walker Republicans homes in the middle of the night with no search warrants. I guess that was a precursor to this.

Once again I mention The Worst Case Scenario

I go over to DU It looks like they are acting like its the 1964 LBJ landslide. The Left is acting like the 2020 election was an overwhelming massive victory. Reality Time: The Democratic Party Barely held on to The House, squeaked out (Cheated?) 2 wins to take over the Senate, Down ticket races were not good for them. They (once again) over stepped. It will be interesting to watch what happens when they go home and take to their constitutes. Remember what happened in 09?

And they may be forgetting The great Orange Monster is sitting down at Mar-A-Lago Waiting, and the 10's of millions of his supporters are sitting at home getting angrier and angrier by the day. Just because theirs no Twitter/Facebook, etc doesn't mean they (we) aren't still out here...Waiting. Now Donald Trump May Not run again, but I would place a large wager Trump 2.0 (or 3) is waiting. You'll see him/her on Newsmax..OAN...Sean Hannity...etc.

Remember the next couple of days after the 2016 election? All the usual suspects were asking Why didn't We See This? That lasted3-4 days then Orange Man Bad. It looks like they never really answered the question. Something similar is going on now.

At least this is my view from 30,000 feet.

• Like 1

Tulsi Gabbard slams Schiff, Brennan, Big Tech as more 'dangerous' than Capitol rioters

Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, asserted that tech industry leaders and Democrats such as Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and former CIA director John Brennan are "domestic enemies" of the U.S. who are more dangerous than the rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol building on Jan. 6.

In a video and thread posted to Twitter Tuesday morning, the former Democratic presidential candidate denounced the violent protesters, but warned that efforts to combat insurgency through surveillance and other monitoring activities posed a greater threat to the country.

"The mob who stormed the Capitol on January 6 to try to stop Congress from carrying out its constitutional responsibilities were behaving like domestic enemies of our country," Gabbard said. "But let’s be clear, the John Brennans, Adam Schiffs and the oligarchs in Big Tech who are trying to undermine our constitutionally protected rights and turn our country into a police state with KGB-style surveillance are also domestic enemies — and much more powerful, and therefore dangerous, than the mob that stormed the Capitol."

Gabbard then showed a clip of Brennan telling MSNBC that Biden’s nominees and appointees "are now moving in laser-like fashion to try to uncover as much as they can" regarding activities that he said were reminiscent of "insurgency movements" that have risen up in other countries.  :snip: