Donald Trump’s 1776 Commission Releases Report Reaffirming America’s Founding Values

Geee

donald-trump-1776-report-america-founding-values15438777
Breitbart

President Donald Trump’s 1776 Commission released its final report Monday, fulfilling the president’s request to reaffirm the importance of America’s founding principles in the daily life and education of its citizens.

The report notes while modern Americans are deeply divided about their county’s history, they should revisit and find value in America’s founding principles and documents.:snip:

Hillsdale College’s Dr. Matthew Spalding: ‘Claim of America Being by Nature Racist’ Is ’One-Sided History

The executive director of President Donald Trump’s Advisory 1776 Commission said Tuesday the commission’s newly released report defends 1776 as “the true founding” of America and rejects “the claim of American being by nature racist” as “one-sided history.”

During an interview with host Alex Marlow on Sirius XM’s Breitbart News Daily, Dr. Matthew Spalding said the commission’s report, released Monday, is defending 1776 as “the true founding” of America. He noted as well that, along with “slavery or progressivism or fascism or communism abroad” as threats to the founding principles, “identity politics” may be added today.:snip:

Delingpole: Trump’s 1776 Report Is a Marvel. It Makes Me Ashamed to Be British

The 1776 Report – produced by President Trump’s Advisory 1776 Commission — is a thing of such beauty, dignity, and scholarship that it makes me wish I were American, not British.

If you haven’t yet read it, you should. (You’ll find it here). It explains to Americans why their country is special, why their republic is so unusual and cherishable, how the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution came about, and why it is so important that they should be honoured. Then it goes on to outline the task of National Renewal that lies ahead, taking in the role of the family, education, and ‘reverence for the laws’.:snip:

Biden’s Disbanding of 1776 Commission Shows Left’s War on US History

All Americans should wish President Joe Biden well. To do otherwise would be churlish and self-defeating. It beggars belief, though, that one of his first intended acts was for his White House to take down the report issued Monday by the 1776 Commission, and on his first day as president, to disband the commission.

Is that really the priority? As one of the commissioners, I guess I’m flattered. But is the baying from the woke left so furious that dissolving a commission named after our nation’s founding, and deleting a report calling for teaching objective history, makes the top of the list?

The symbolism alone should give pause. But maybe the symbolism is the thing, and our new president wants to demonstrate his bona fides to the creators of the 1619 Project and their hard-left allies.

For the record, we commissioners intend to continue meeting and fulfilling the charges of our two-year remit. The Heritage Foundation will also continue to host the report, which you can henceforth find here.:snip: