Did the Democrats Steal the Presidential Election?

Valin

did-the-democrats-steal-the-presidential-election.php
Power Line

John Hinderaker

January 15, 2021

Democrats are making extraordinary efforts to suppress all discussion of whether Joe Biden actually won the 2020 presidential election. In fact, they go even farther: they want to suppress all discussion of the extent to which voter fraud occurred. That naturally makes me want to write about voter fraud, and who really won the election.

First, this question: why are the Democrats so hysterical in their insistence that fraud not be mentioned? One reason is obvious. Joe Biden will take office under a cloud, since close to half of all Americans doubt that he really won the election. The Democrats want to stamp out such doubts to preserve Biden’s authority as president.

But there is a second reason that may be more important. The Democrats want the lax voting procedures that prevailed in 2020 to continue in the future. They know that efforts will be made in many states to improve ballot integrity, and they want those efforts to fail. By rendering all discussion of voter fraud out of bounds, they hope to forestall reforms that would make it harder for them to cheat, or enable cheating, in the future.

(Snip)

Even greater doubts about the election arise from the deliberately loose procedures that governed voting. Something like 69 million mail-in votes were cast, and until two months ago, everyone agreed that mail-in voting is highly susceptible to fraud. But the laxity in 2020 went far beyond the risks inherent in mail-in votes. I put it this way: I don’t know whether the Democrats stole the 2020 election, but I do know that they tried hard to steal it.

In a number of states, including my home state of Minnesota, the Democrats pursued a coordinated strategy of collusive litigation to eliminate electoral safeguards. In Minnesota–and the same thing occurred in a number of other states–the Democratic Party recruited plaintiffs to sue the Democratic Secretary of State, asking that the statutory requirement of witness signatures on mail-in ballots be eliminated. The requirement of a witness signature is, as a practical matter, the only speed bump on the way to fraud in mail-in voting, so the Democrats wanted to get rid of it.

(Snip)

What is most important is what happens next. Rightly or wrongly, Joe Biden will be our next president. We can’t change that. But, by pressing the issue of election integrity in the states, we potentially can ensure that in 2022 and succeeding elections, Americans have confidence that the candidate who got the most legal votes is the winner. To accomplish that, we will have to overcome entrenched opposition not only from the above-ground Democratic Party, but from its press auxiliary, which tries to ban any suggestion that voter fraud is a problem. We all know better, and we can’t give in to the Democrats’ crude efforts at intimidation. Election integrity must be a priority for the next two years, and in the future.

John Lott

The answer to the question is yes they stole the election, apparently he who owns the voting machines runs the election. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MISBAILEY said:

The answer to the question is yes they stole the election, apparently he who owns the voting machines runs the election. 

It does appear to me they did. It Worked. Now time to move on and try to figure out how to prevent it from happening again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valin said:

It does appear to me they did. It Worked. Now time to move on and try to figure out how to prevent it from happening again.

I would add prosecution of anyone where the evidence hasn't been eaten.

• Like 2