Internet Provider Decided Customers Shouldn't Have Access to Facebook, Twitter

Valin

an-internet-provider-in-one-area-is-blocking-access-to-twitter-and-facebook-n2582983
Townhall

Beth Baumann

Jan 11, 2021

Now that President Donald Trump has been permanently banned from Facebook and Twitter, an internet provider in the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho-Spokane, Washington area is blocking access to the social media platforms.

Your T1 WIFI sent an email to customers making them aware of a policy change. They are blocking Facebook and Twitter access to all customers because Trump was removed from the social media websites.

"It has Come to our Attention that Twitter and Facebook are engaged in Censorship of our Customers and Information," the company told customers in an email.

If a customer wants to have access to Facebook, Twitter or any other website the company deems as "censorship," the customer has to call and ask to have access.

"There are too many people that have called us to do one at a time so we will be blocking these 2 and any other website that may also be Censoring whether it be through their algorithm they use for their site or any other means," the email stated. "So we have a solution if you or your family would still like to be able to connect to Facebook or Twitter please let us know and we can add you to the allowed list to be able to not be blocked from going to these sites and the ones that do want to be blocked will have to do nothing the will just not show up."

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________

1. The Phrase "Whats good for the goose is sauce for the gander" comes to mind.
*2. What happens IF your ISP decides to block your access to the internet, based on you going to sites they don't approve of?

3. Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

* I Can See This Happening.

• Like 1

@Valin

What if it not the website they don't approve of - what if it's YOU? - I recall a Poole webcast that you posted a few months back where some of these websites reluctantly admitted that they eavesdropped on PMs.

57 minutes ago, Geee said:

@Valin

What if it not the website they don't approve of - what if it's YOU? - I recall a Poole webcast that you posted a few months back where some of these websites reluctantly admitted that they eavesdropped on PMs.

That's why i try to stay away from Google....use Go Duck Go. As I understand it they are a lot stricter on privacy issues.  Yes Google/Facebook/Twitter etc are a problem, But what if the ISP's get involved?

Talk about Unpersoning someone!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Valin said:

That's why i try to stay away from Google....use Go Duck Go. As I understand it they are a lot stricter on privacy issues.  Yes Google/Facebook/Twitter etc are a problem, But what if the ISP's get involved?

Talk about Unpersoning someone!

I tried to install duckduckgo on my Mac, but my software is 10.13 and it says I need 10.15 and I am as far as I can go on updates.

1 minute ago, Geee said:

I tried to install duckduckgo on my Mac, but my software is 10.13 and it says I need 10.15 and I am as far as I can go on updates.

I however have not used Google for years. I use Bing, but I don't know if theres a great deal of difference between privacy on the two.

27 minutes ago, Geee said:

I however have not used Google for years. I use Bing, but I don't know if theres a great deal of difference between privacy on the two.

As I understand it that is what GoDuckGo uses also.