Opinion: Taking the Wrong Lessons From Capitol Building Protest

Valin

306295-n306295
RedState

Mike Ford

Jan. 8 2921

We are being gaslighted into taking the wrong lessons from Tuesday’s rally/protest in Washington, DC. No question about it, the activities there have really energized the news cycle. Also, there is no question that there were, based on the video and stills I saw, some fairly minor criminal acts, trespassing and property damage and the like.

(Snip)

Which brings me to all the virtue signaling, conservative “allies.” They need to stop focusing on the activities inside the Capitol Building yesterday and start focusing on what brought a hundred thousand or more people to Washington, DC in the first place. The folks who are supposedly on the conservative team, need to start doing the redress of grievances thing, as described in the U.S. Constitution.

Conservative politicians and pundits need to address very real concerns. Here are a few as described to me by folks I call “solid citizens,” those folks who got to work, pay taxes and raise their kids and don’t pay a lot of attention to politics…unless backed into a corner. Those folks tell me (a little license with verbiage to protect sources):

Trump didn’t cause what happened yesterday…a “long train of usurpations” did. We finally got tired of being called bitter clingers, deplorables who live in flyover countries. We got tired of being called rubes. When we finally find a Paladin who will fight for us (as flawed as he is) the other side made up a bunch of crap…long since debunked now…and put the country through a two year investigation and impeachment.

The political destruction of a decorated General Officer’s reputation and net worth, over something he didn’t do. When DOJ, finally forced to cough up exculpatory evidence, decided to drop the charges, a corrupt judge appointed another counsel to argue against that.

The press, helped the DNC and the Biden team openly and notoriously steal an election in broad freeking daylight. then the court system refused to hear evidence and grant discovery (except in one case)…and thus the left was able to destroy evidence….ballot envelopes, signature verification…ballots…memory cards.

These folks are telling me, this isn’t about Trump. This is about denying 74 million voters a voice. This is about pushing back on leftist gaslighting…and sadly, some of the same by putative allies.

From what more than a few of my fellow Americans have told me, if there isn’t some change by the right side of the aisle at the National, State and local levels, we can likely see even more and much larger demonstrations. Of course, any student of history will tell you this is what happens if you deliberately marginalize 74 million people.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If The Worst Case Scenario happens, 2021 is going to be Very Interesting...and not in a good way. 

There was something Shelby Foote said about the start of the Civil War. (I paraphrase) "The war started because Americans failed to do what they are famous for, Finding A Compromise".

There are 3 factions involved in this 1. Hard Left/Progressives (very strong right now) 2. Moderate Republicans/Democrats (fairly weak/frightened) 3. The Trump Supporters/Voters (10's of millions and they are  really pissed off). One thing I believe is true Chaos will be the word of the day.