After last night (Prepare For Worst Case Scenario)

Valin

after-last-night-32.php
Power Line

Scott Johnson

Jan. 6 2021

As I write at 6:00 a.m. (Central) this morning, Raphael Warnock’s race against Kelly Loeffler has been called for Warnock. While Jon Ossoff’s race against David Perdue has yet to be called, Ossoff leads and his lead is likely to widen when the remaining votes are counted. Democrats will thus take control of the Senate on a 50-50 split with Kamala Harris presiding as Vice President. Here are a few thoughts and observations.

• Chuck Schumer is to become Senate Majority Leader. With that prospect in sight, Schumer declared” “Now we take Georgia, then we change America!” Democrats get to redeem his vow.

• The change will go about as far as Joe Manchin and perhaps Krysten Sinema approve. Manchin has stated that he won’t go for packing the Supreme Court, but how does he feel about making the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico a state? How does he feel about killing the filibuster?

• Raphael Warnock presents as an update of Jeremiah Wright. He is a token of how far left the Democratic Party has gone since 2008, when Barack Obama found it necessary to disavow him. Now a simulacrum of Wright is moving up from a hate-America pulpit to the body formerly known as the world’s greatest deliberative body.

• Warnock ran ahead of Jon Ossoff all night. Perdue was a more formidable opponent than Loeffler, but I assume his appeal to black voters played a role in enhancing his margin of victory.

• Jon Ossoff is a throwback to Pajama Boy, another reminder of the Obama era. The guy needed a real job.

(Snip)

• Lin Wood and Sidney Powell also deserve to be remembered for their role in fanning the flames of insanity encouraging Republican voters to stay home. As far as I am concerned, they can both go to hell.

• As I say, there is lots of blame to go around and it is necessary to assess it adequately. I don’t pretend to have done so here in the early morning hours of January 6. I offer two more comments from Erick Erickson: “Area of the state where Donald Trump last campaigned turned out at a lower rate than the rest of the state. It’s also now represented by a QAnon Congresswoman who has been very vocal that the Democrats stole it all and would steal it all again.” And this: “No Republicans, the Democrats did not steal the races in Georgia. You talked yourselves out of voting. That’s not theft.”

• Behind the scenes, Stacey Abrams must be one of the Democrats’ biggest winners this year. In addition to a formidable opponent for Warnock in 2022, Georgia Republicans need a good candidate to challenge Stacey Abrams in the 2022 gubernatorial contest. Kemp is not the man.

From The Comments

Russel Clarkson • 7 minutes ago

It's pretty simple, the GOPe betrayed us once again. They think they can blame President and his supporters but that's not going to work. The GOPe have destroyed their party and they will never get enough of the Trump coalition vote again. But it doesn't matter, the GOPe normalized voter fraud and destroyed any chance they had of getting one of their candidates elected to the presidency. *]The Trump coalition will never forget or forgive. Going forward, the Trump coalition needs to divorce the GOPe and let them go the way of the Whigs. Why should we support the GOPe when they never support us?

The mess in the Senate is totally McConnell and the GOPe's fault. They gave the dems three Senate seats in 2016, one in 2017, three more in 2018, and two more in 2020. With those seats, they would have had no problem holding the Senate. But if they had had all those seats they would have been expected to support President Trump and get some of the People's business done. Getting rid of President Trump was more important to the GOPe than the welfare of our Country.

* One more example that people on The right can be just as...well Silly...Short Sighted...Ignorant as the left.