Trump Has Gone Nuts

Valin

trump-has-gone-nuts.php
Power Line

John Hinderaker

January 5, 2021

President Trump is right in saying that the 2020 election was rife with voter fraud. I think he is quite likely right, although no one knows for sure, in alleging that absent fraud he would have been re-elected. But his conduct has nevertheless become indefensible.

I don’t have a problem with senators like Ted Cruz voting against accepting the report of the Electoral College, which will lead to debates among Senators and Representatives about voter fraud. Still, for the reasons articulated by Tom Cotton, were I a senator I would vote to accept the certified tallies. And the ultimate result is a foregone conclusion: Joe Biden will be our next president. Some of the theories now floating around, e.g. that Mike Pence magically has the right to declare the next president–a superpower hidden somewhere in the Constitution, until now–are delusional.

At this point, it is blindingly obvious that Trump has no pathway to victory. To the extent that Democrats committed or enabled voter fraud, they have done so successfully. There never was a plausible way to challenge the certified results in any state in the 60+ days between the election and the inauguration. Whether fraud occurred, sufficient to reverse an apparent result in any state, is a complicated question of fact that would require months, if not years, to litigate fairly.

Battles in support of election integrity needed to be fought in advance of the election, not afterward, when it is too late. But the Trump campaign, for some unfathomable reason, was seemingly unprepared for the foreseeable prevalence of voter fraud.....(Snip)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Top Comment

RCJHgirl 2 hours ago edited

You have gone off the rails, Mr. Hinderaker. I’m too mad to do more than scan this post at the moment, but I caught enough of the gist to realize You Just Don’t Care. I’ve been saying prayers for President Trump and his family ever since this whole sorry episode began. I can’t imagine what it feels like to be him. He has been under relentless, serous attack and under illegal and sham investigations since the moment he announced his candidacy, he has been impeached, he has watched his friends and associates be imprisoned and suffer great financial harm just for being his associates. He has watched his family be tormented by investigators and the media. At the same time, he has probably worked harder for the American people than any other President with the probable exception of Lincoln. I see nothing going wrong with his post below, and in fact I think it is remarkably mild-mannered considering that the election has been stolen from him by a man with likely progressing dementia who hardly ever left his basement and is being run by handlers who do not like America or our Constitution. The whole thing reeks to high heaven and was an obvious set-up from the get-go. That you are more upset at Trump than those who have in all likelihood permanently destroyed our Constitutional Republic says more about you than him.

55 :thumbup: