Youtube Announces it Will BAN Videos That Claim Fraud, Glitches, or Error Cost Trump The Election

Valin

Facebook Fact Checker ‘Fact Checks’ Critique of Itself

Facebook fact-checker “Lead Stories” took the social network’s system of “fact-checking” to farcical levels earlier this week when it “fact-checked” a critique of itself by the Federalist’s Molly Hemingway.

An article by Molly Hemingway in the Federalist critiqued the fact-checker for its decision to fact check stories about voter fraud in Georgia:

A Big Tech-backed “fact” “checking” outfit claimed to debunk explosive evidence in support of Republicans’ claims of significant election problems at a Thursday Georgia Senate hearing. It didn’t. Not even close.

Newly discovered security footage from Georgia’s State Farm Arena showed dozens of ballot counters, media, and Republican observers leaving en masse at the same time from the ballot-counting area for Fulton County. After they left, a small remnant of about four workers began pulling trunks containing thousands of ballots from underneath a table with a long tablecloth and running them through machines.

The footage supported claims from Republicans that they were told counting had stopped for the night, only to find out hours later that it had kept going on.:snip:

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Facebook Fact Checker ‘Fact Checks’ Critique of Itself

A Big Tech-backed “fact” “checking” outfit claimed to debunk explosive evidence in support of Republicans’ claims of significant election problems at a Thursday Georgia Senate hearing. It didn’t. Not even close.

I recall reading what they said and I was reminded

26EE6C1B00000578-0-image-a-57_1427150403

Johnny Boy was just a Plumbing Supply Salesman.

291882_michael-franzese_1.jpeg&f=1&nofb=

Michael was a car salesman.

It’s Time To Take a Stand for Free Speech

December 08, 2020/ Jane Menton

(Snip)

n a twist on the usual pattern, in our country, the government isn’t silencing the opposition, but rather an alliance of the media, cultural institutions, the permanent bureaucracy, the Democratic Party, and Maoist mobs are silencing the (current) President and his supporters. And claiming they need to do so in order to protect the public from Trump’s fascism. If Trump were the fascist you’d think he would at least have control of the airwaves. Instead, his tweets are flagged, his press conferences are “fact checked,” and we are no longer allowed to hear from him without a filter.

As just one example of information citizens need to be “protected from” in case they draw the wrong conclusions: There has been truly astonishing suppression of all discussion surrounding the allegations of voter fraud in the recent election. On my own Facebook and Instagram accounts, any mention of the election (even on posts that favor Biden) gets flagged with a notice directing the viewer to a page with the official results. The page does not directly address any current claims of voter fraud. Instead we get a list of tendentious “facts” written by an organization called the Bipartisan Policy Center which includes statements such as:  

(Snip)

The propaganda is so agenda-driven it’s impossible to ignore. In a conversation with my leftist, Bernie-supporting cousin recently, she said to me, “I wonder why the media think they benefit from fueling this rhetoric. I get that they want clicks, but it seems so shortsighted.”

Their conduct seems shortsighted to me too, when you consider the trust they’re losing with anyone outside The Party, and how rapidly they must be alienating any viewers who question their biases. This is a dangerous path for the fabric of our society. 

(Snip)

YouTube says independent creators are now 14x less likely to be recommended on election-related content

The recommendations are being increasingly funneled to legacy media channels.

Tom Parker

Dec. 10 2020

YouTube has released fresh stats that highlight just how difficult YouTube’s push to promote “authoritative” mainstream media sources has made it for smaller creators to get traction on the platform.

According to YouTube’s blog post, 70% of recommendations on election-related content now come from “authoritative” sources and the top 10 mainstream news channels were recommended over 14x more than the top 10 “non-authoritative channels” on election-related content.

While this 14x divide is significant, the divide between these top 10 legacy news channels and independent channels that don’t make the top 10 will be even larger.

YouTube added that 88% of the videos in the top 10 search results related to elections came from legacy sources. YouTube didn’t specify the exact percentage chance independent creators have of ranking in these results and instead revealed that the remaining 12% is comprised of “newsy late-night shows, creator videos and commentary.”

(Snip)

• 5 weeks later...