The joy of a Trump rally

Valin

the-joy-of-a-trump-rally
Washington Examiner

Timothy P. Carney

October 27, 2020

ap-20300779525514.jpg

Marine One helictopter, with President Donald Trump aboard, lands at the Altoona-Blair County Airport in Martinsburg, Pa, Monday, Oct. 26, 2020 for a campaign rally. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar

Gene J. Puskar/AP

MARTINSBURG, Pa. -- When I saw the U.S. Marine Corps Osprey aircraft fly in, one after another, followed by two Marine choppers including Marine One, I honestly took some offense. This is all spectacle, and frankly inappropriate.

Sure, the President needs protection, but here he was obviously deploying federal resources — worse, military resources — to provide a partisan show for his supporters in a purely political event.

And at that moment, when "Fortunate Son" started blaring, I couldn't help but dwell on all the arch tweets by my journalist colleagues about President Trump’s fondness for this song.

Fortunate Son? Really? https://t.co/0qMPjWXYk

— Pete Schroeder (@peteschroeder) October 23, 2020

But then I looked around, and supercilious-reporter-Tim-Carney and ethics-sniffer-Tim-Carney faded away for a moment.

I took in the beaming faces of the coal miners Doug and Josh in the bleachers to my left, the cheers of truck driver Scott Dilling standing next to me, the laughter of grandmothers, grandfathers, and the envelope-factory workers. Suddenly the moment was something else.

Part rock concert, part playoff game, the Trump rally in a tiny airport in a tiny town in Central Pa. — especially in the moments around Trump’s entrance—was exuberant.

(Snip)

14 minutes ago, Geee said:

An Election Between Love and Hate

Why are President Trump’s rallies packed while Biden’s rallies are deserted?

They (Biden Voters) will tell you its because of Covid 19. They but the Media Narrative Hook Line and Sinker. No alternative views need to be considered.

Example from a long You Tube Thread/discussion

Farewell to the Flesh 10 hours ago

@Steven Wiederholt

Hardly. The only point where "the vast majority of deaths are old people" was at the beginning of the pandemic. There have been several points in the pandemic where the deaths were people between the ages of 20-40, and a lot of that had to do with covid parties and other nonsense. Likewise, the vast majority of those deaths were preventable. Take a look at literally any other country (including those more populated than the USA).

Likewise, significantly more common (on top of those 227,000 deaths) is permanent organ damage as a result of the virus, a concept you seem to have trouble grasping. Covid is no walk in the park. Even if the death rate was zero (ha!), that wouldn't magically mean that it's safe.