“This is 60 Minutes”

Valin

this-is-60-minutes.php
Power Line

Scott Johnson

Oct. 26 2020

Watching Lesley Stahl’s interview of President Trump on 60 Minutes last night, one might get the impression that she gets her news as strictly filtered and refined by CBS. She therefore doesn’t know anything beyond what can be acknowledged with the approval of CBS News.

Trump gave her 37:40 of his time for the interview last week. In the event, that was about 37 minutes too much.

(Snip)

Stahl purports not even to be up to speed on the spying on the Trump campaign conducted by the FBI courtesy of the four FISA warrants fraudulently taken out on Carter Page and so on. She appears to be clueless. We know that’s not true, but you would have to think so if you took her remarks at face value. If we didn’t know better, we might mistake her for a low information voter.

Turning to the unedited transcript of the interview, I would like to submit the following excerpts for your consideration:

Donald Trump: (21:22)
Lesley, let me ask you. You think it’s okay for the Mayor of Moscow’s wife to give him millions and millions of dollars, three and a half million dollars, to give his family three and a half? Do you think it’s okay for Hunter Biden to say that we’re giving the big guy 10% of this massive amount of money they’re taking? Do you think it’s okay for all of these horrible things that you’ve seen, where they’re getting hundreds of thousands, and millions of dollars, where China gives them a billion and a half dollars to manage, the family, a billion and a half dollars, and then he’s supposed to negotiate? Let me tell you, it’s the second biggest scandal. The biggest scandal was when they spied on my campaign. They spied on my campaign.

Lesley Stahl: (22:14)
Can I say something? This is 60 Minutes and we can’t put on things we can’t verify.

Donald Trump: (22:21)
You won’t put it up because it’s bad for Biden.

Lesley Stahl: (22:22)
We can’t put on things we can’t verify.

Donald Trump: (22:24)
Lesley, they spied on my campaign.

Lesley Stahl: (22:27)
Well, we can’t verify that.

Donald Trump: (22:27)
It’s been totally verified. Just go down and get the papers. They spied of my campaign, they got caught.

Lesley Stahl: (22:34)
No.

(Snip)

(Snip)

Here's the whole thing.