Barr: 'There could be’ more criminal charges in Durham investigation

Geee

barr-there-could-be-more-criminal-charges-in-durham-investigation
Washington Examiner

Attorney General William Barr said there "could be” more charges in the criminal inquiry into the Russia investigation.

U.S. Attorney John Durham has secured one guilty plea so far, and pressure is building on the Justice Department not to break with policy and take any action that would disrupt the presidential contest with less than two months to go until Election Day.

Barr told NBC News's Pete Williams on Wednesday that he's "not gonna characterize exactly where" Durham is in his investigation, according to a transcript cited by CBS News senior investigative correspondent Catherine Herridge. When pressed on whether there will be further criminal charges, Barr replied, “I wouldn't say that at all, no," adding, “there could be.”

On the question of whether the public will hear anything about the Durham report before the election, Barr shot back, “I'm not gonna get into that either.”:snip:

What’s going on with the Durham investigation, if anything?

Ever since Attorney General Barr appointed U.S. Attorney John Durham to investigate the origins of the Russia collusion probe, Trump supporters have been waiting for the bomb to drop. And waiting. And waiting. But nothing ever happens.

Judicial Watch’s founder Tom Fitton thinks that conservatives are being scammed. Instead of an investigation, it’s just another Washington cover-up. I suspect (or, maybe, hope), though, that Barr and Durham are holding their fire because of the election.

Tom Fitton, whose organization doggedly uncovers documents the Swamp wants to hide, was on Fox News’ Lou Dobbs Tonight. He is concerned that the John Durham investigation is a sham:

According to Judicial Watch founder Tom Fitton, Trump supporters are getting taken for a ride. Fitton said during a recent appearance on Fox Business’ “Lou Dobbs Tonight” that Barr and Durham are making no progress on investigating what very well may be the worst criminal conspiracy in U.S. history.

“You know, my concern is it’s been, what, sixteen-plus months since Durham was appointed and only now is he questioning Mr. Brennan,” Fitton said.:snip: