THIS IS WHAT ARE WE PAYING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO TEACH OUR KIDS?????

Geee

5 minutes ago, Geee said:

Trying to sound more conservative in order to gain and not lose listeners.

AH! Thing is he's more like a (hard) Left Wing Libertarian. And he is a free speech advocate. IMO he has 2 problems (in no order) Trump Derangement Syndrome (before this it was Bush  Derangement Syndrome) 2.He is incredibly witty....just ask him, he'll tell you. He confuses Wit with saying something outrageous.

1 hour ago, Valin said:

AH! Thing is he's more like a (hard) Left Wing Libertarian. And he is a free speech advocate. IMO he has 2 problems (in no order) Trump Derangement Syndrome (before this it was Bush  Derangement Syndrome) 2.He is incredibly witty....just ask him, he'll tell you. He confuses Wit with saying something outrageous.

Must admit. Don't listen to him. I only read some of his quotes on sites. 

Edited to add: I must also admit - in the last few months, I don't really listen to anyone. Reading is my friend. Both for entertainment and the news.

6 minutes ago, Geee said:

Must admit. Don't listen to him. I only read some of his quotes on sites. 

Edited to add: I must also admit - in the last few months, I don't really listen to anyone. Reading is my friend. Both for entertainment and the news.

I don't really follow him either. H/T

I really don't listen to much Talk Radio anymore either.

Audiobooks On Line

Right now

Almost done, now started

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 6:05 AM, Valin said:

OTOH

My-Post-Copy-7-1024x683.jpg

Kofi Montzka speaks at a school choice rally Thursday (Facebook/Minnesota Senate Republican Caucus).

• Like 1

Yale Professor Compares GOP Critical Race Theory Opposition to German Neo-Nazi Aim to End Holocaust Education

The Republican Party’s fight against the teaching of Critical Race Theory (CRT) in schools is akin to neo-Nazis in Germany seeking to revise history and put an end to Holocaust education, according to Jason Stanley, a professor of philosophy at Yale University.

Appearing on MSNBC’s The Mehdi Hasan Show on Tuesday night, the professor blasted Republican opposition to Critical Race Theory.:snip:

On 6/17/2021 at 4:50 AM, Geee said:

Yale Professor Compares GOP Critical Race Theory Opposition to German Neo-Nazi Aim to End Holocaust Education

The Republican Party’s fight against the teaching of Critical Race Theory (CRT) in schools is akin to neo-Nazis in Germany seeking to revise history and put an end to Holocaust education, according to Jason Stanley, a professor of philosophy at Yale University.

Appearing on MSNBC’s The Mehdi Hasan Show on Tuesday night, the professor blasted Republican opposition to Critical Race Theory.:snip:

Thing is, this CRT is all through Schools Of Education, and has been for some time. If a teacher has been certified/licensed, that means they have gone to a school of education, and so been exposed to CRT. Don't think a private/parochial school protects the children, it doesn't.  

Planned Parenthood sex-ed flyer telling 11-year-olds they could have sex, as long as the partner isn't older than 13, distrubuted in WA public school

(Snip)

Livid parents contact the school as well as Tacoma Public Schools. In a response obtained by The Post Millennial, Eric Hogan, assistant director of secondary education at Tacoma Public Schools said that the flyer was not part of the curriculum and should not have been sent home with students.

Picture1-3.png

After an investigation Hogan said, "Previously, Planned Parenthood taught within our schools and supplied the slyer which was distributed to students. We discovered a binder of curriculum materials was left behind for an incoming teacher to use for this year, and the flyer was in the binder."

Hogan added that the teacher did not realize that the flyer was not approved and that "corrective action" had been taken against the employee. Hogan added that Planned Parenthood was no longer giving presentations within their schools. The director apologized and noted that unapproved curriculum had been removed and faculty had been instructed on what was included in approved material.

(Snip)

Translation: Oops we got caught! My Bad, we promise never to do anything like this again...until the next time.

New Jersey School District Eliminates Holidays’ Names to be ‘Inclusive’

A New Jersey school district has voted to eliminate “the names of all religious and secular holidays from the school calendar … opting for the more generic description ‘Day Off,'” reports the Washington Times. You can guess the reason. They used those increasingly popular words — “inclusive” and “equitable.”

No more Christmas, Hanukkah, Memorial Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, or even Indigenous Peoples Day (formerly known as Columbus Day). Maybe they should keep April Fools’ Day because that accurately reflects their decision. Or, since they have chosen “Day Off,” they could name them after the film character Ferris Bueller.

New Jersey State Senator Anthony M. Bucco tells me: “We’re getting to a point where it’s becoming acceptable to sanitize American history and our shared, diverse culture to please a small politically correct minority. Americans should stand up to this nonsense when it comes to their communities and fight back.”:snip:

35 minutes ago, Geee said:

New Jersey School District Eliminates Holidays’ Names to be ‘Inclusive’

A New Jersey school district has voted to eliminate “the names of all religious and secular holidays from the school calendar … opting for the more generic description ‘Day Off,'” reports the Washington Times. You can guess the reason. They used those increasingly popular words — “inclusive” and “equitable.”

“As the vote went down the row with a unanimous ‘Yes,’ the stunned and confused public erupted once more, with some shouting at the board, ‘What just happened — What did you just do?’ prompting calls for security once more,” Tap Into Randolph reported.

Let us hope/Pray the voters remember this on election day.

On 6/21/2021 at 5:55 AM, Valin said:

Let us hope/Pray the voters remember this on election day.

NJ school board slammed as 'arrogant and incompetent,' reverses decision to remove holiday names from calendar

A New Jersey school board has reversed plans to remove all holiday names from their school calendar after parents expressed outrage at an emergency meeting on the decision.

The Randolph Board of Education voted 8-1 Monday to reinstate the holidays after dozens of members of the community voiced outrage during the public comment portion of the meeting.

Tom Tatem, a Randolph Township father of four who created a petition demanding school board members resign, and James Jacobi, a Randolph Township father of three, told "Fox & Friends" Tuesday that the victory should be a lesson in transparency for towns across America.:snip:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geee said:

NJ school board slammed as 'arrogant and incompetent,' reverses decision to remove holiday names from calendar

A New Jersey school board has reversed plans to remove all holiday names from their school calendar after parents expressed outrage at an emergency meeting on the decision.

The Randolph Board of Education voted 8-1 Monday to reinstate the holidays after dozens of members of the community voiced outrage during the public comment portion of the meeting.

Tom Tatem, a Randolph Township father of four who created a petition demanding school board members resign, and James Jacobi, a Randolph Township father of three, told "Fox & Friends" Tuesday that the victory should be a lesson in transparency for towns across America.:snip:

Actually This shows just how much they believe in this Woke nonsense. Ya know I have to ask just What Do They Believe in?...I mean other than getting reelected.

Brandeis warns students not to say ‘picnic,’ ‘rule of thumb,’ calling words ‘oppressive’

The rule of thumb at this ultra-woke college is, don’t say “rule of thumb.”

Students and faculty at Brandeis University are being urged to stop using words and phrases like “picnic,” “trigger warning” and even “rule of thumb,” because of what a campus counseling service calls their links to violence and power to “reinforce systems of oppression.”

A compendium of “potentially oppressive language” posted on the school’s website by its Prevention, Advocacy and Resource Center also lists loads of examples of “gender exclusive,” “ableist,” and “culturally appropriative” terminology that “can get in the way of meaningful dialogue.”

The “Oppressive Language List,” first reported by Fox News, was developed recently as part of the PARC’s “Response to Anti-Blackness” program and “is always growing based on suggestions from the community,” according to a web page titled “Holding Ourselves Accountable.”:snip:

• 2 weeks later...

COVID unmasked the public education cartel and teachers, school boards, unions can't handle it

COVID opened the eyes of parents, exposing the corrupt teacher union/educrat monopoly plaguing public education. Now, their jig is up

A coordinated effort by the far-left and their media accomplices is in full swing as they scramble to paint the narrative that parent concern about public education is a manufactured fairy tale by right-wing loony-toon activists, conspirators and extremists. 

The elephant in the room is that it was COVID that opened the eyes of parents, exposing the corrupt teacher union/educrat monopoly plaguing public education. I call it the "education cartel." It's comprised of teachers, union activists, administrators, school boards and their cohorts in the liberal media. 

The education cartel flew largely under the radar prior to COVID and it was blindsided. Sunlight really is the best disinfectant and the pandemic exposed these ringleaders operating under the veil of "educating" our kids as nothing more than a bunch of tyrants. Their jig is up.  :snip:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

University Aims for Utopia, Launches Doctoral Program in 'Diversity, Equity and Inclusion'

Judging from news stories over the past few years, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s nothing left of our post-revolution educational system within a decade or less.

For a very long time, “learning” involved the study and memorization of objective information.

Alternately, school developed one’s skill at analysis and applying calculations to data.

By contrast — the best I can tell — classrooms’ contemporarily proposed function is to teach students what to believe.

Furthermore, social advocacy and engineering’s found the forefront, while classically academic pursuits — where extinction’s concerned — are licking the dodo bird’s heels.

And in our updated intellectual sphere, students will now get the chance to become doctors — of the enlightened sort.

As reported by Campus Reform, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale’s (SIU) new doctoral program will sophisticatedly school aspirants in the way of “diversity, equity and inclusion.”:snip: