THIS IS WHAT ARE WE PAYING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO TEACH OUR KIDS?????

Geee

Kansas Eyes Ending Required College Algebra — Too Many Students Can't Pass It

Did you take college algebra? A new generation of baccalaureate-bearing Kansans may soon overwhelmingly answer with “No.” There’s a substantial chance the state will 86 its algebra requirement.

Few graduates end up employing high-level algebra in their chosen career fields; but that’s not necessarily why it might get subtracted.

As noted by NPR in Kansas City, there’s a much more primary problem:

About one in three Kansas students fails college algebra the first time around.:snip:

Washington University in St. Louis lecturer warns medical students not to challenge her 'anti-racism' training and vows she will 'shut that s*** down' as she insists medicine 'has a really bad racism issue'

• Kaytlin Reedy-Rogier is named on Washington University in St. Louis's website as a co-lead, community engagement, in the Understanding Systemic Racism Team
  • Reedy-Rogier works within the school of medicine and spoke to students about implicit bias and 'systemic oppression'
  • She said she would not accept challenges to her lecture, saying: 'If you try to fight me or debate me, I will shut that s*** down real fast'
  • Reedy-Rogier said that race was a deciding factor in medicine, telling students to 'think about your own identities, and what that means to be anti-racist' 

White Students Are Prohibited From Applying to This UNC Fellowship

The public university dragged into court over its race-conscious admissions policy is now advertising a research fellowship that bars white applicants from applying.

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill—whose affirmative action program, along with that of Harvard University, is under review by the Supreme Court—sponsors the Fellowship for Exploring Research in Nutrition, which accepts applications exclusively from students who are "Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC)," according to the program's website. Fellows earn thousands of dollars, live in on-campus apartments paid for by the university, and receive generous mentorship opportunities, including letters of recommendation.

College Prep School Hosts Seminar for Those Guilty of 'Parenting While White'

You’ve likely heard of “driving while black,” but have you or someone you love been caught “parenting while white”? If so, a school near Tacoma, Washington may be able to help.:snip:

The description:

Join our facilitator Dr. Elizabeth Denevi to discuss the importance of talking to white children about race. We will learn some strategies about how to do it, along with mistakes and lessons learned. The goal of these conversations is to create community and have a place where parents can ask important and challenging questions about navigating healthy identity development.

:snip:

On 12/20/2022 at 5:36 AM, Geee said:

1 hour ago, Geee said:

I am trying to decide something. Maybe you or someone else could help me. Those  pushing this

1. Actually Want a violent push back/reaction to this neo-racism.

2. Are actually so shallow/ignorant/out of touch with 90%(?) of the American people (who  they are supposed to serve) that the actually believe this?

BTW Either view s NOT a good thing. Evil or Ignorant, not much of a choice.

3 minutes ago, Valin said:

I am trying to decide something. Maybe you or someone else could help me. Those  pushing this

1. Actually Want a violent push back/reaction to this neo-racism.

2. Are actually so shallow/ignorant/out of touch with 90%(?) of the American people (who  they are supposed to serve) that the actually believe this?

BTW Either view s NOT a good thing. Evil or Ignorant, not much of a choice.

315009514_5626658290753758_3413169660754882316_n.jpg.fafe8af9c3b04e145a3bab3fce2cb9f5.thumb.jpg.f7b561cc63a17e90b2d6040510e288a8.jpg

1 hour ago, Geee said:

College Prep School Hosts Seminar for Those Guilty of 'Parenting While White'

You’ve likely heard of “driving while black,” but have you or someone you love been caught “parenting while white”? If so, a school near Tacoma, Washington may be able to help.:snip:

The description:

Join our facilitator Dr. Elizabeth Denevi to discuss the importance of talking to white children about race. We will learn some strategies about how to do it, along with mistakes and lessons learned. The goal of these conversations is to create community and have a place where parents can ask important and challenging questions about navigating healthy identity development.

:snip:

If I had children attending Charles Wright Academy, I would 1. Pull them right now 2. Show up  with as many other parents as possible, and ask some Hard, Rude, (possibly) Obscene questions of the administration. Torches and pitchforks might not be out of place.

6 minutes ago, Geee said:

315009514_5626658290753758_3413169660754882316_n.jpg.fafe8af9c3b04e145a3bab3fce2cb9f5.thumb.jpg.f7b561cc63a17e90b2d6040510e288a8.jpg

if I had a kid going here, I'd drink it, refill it with gasoline a rag and visit the school.  Just putting out options.

3 minutes ago, Valin said:

if I had a kid going here, I'd drink it, refill it with gasoline a rag and visit the school.  Just putting out options.

If it was for an approved cause, you might get away with it. But this is not on the list.

2 minutes ago, Geee said:

If it was for an approved cause, you might get away with it. But this is not on the list.

I never get to have any fun. :(

• Like 1

For Teachers Unions, Parents and Children Come Last

Schools in the Rochester school district in Michigan include in their curriculum a course called “History of Ethnic and Gender Studies.”

If my child were attending school there, I would wonder why this is in the curriculum as part of K-12 education and what is taught.

One mother, Carol Beth Litkouhi, wondered enough that she went to the school and asked for details about what will be conveyed to her child in this program.

The response she got from the school amounted to “sorry, none of your business.”

Excuse me. A mother has no right to know what her child is being taught?

Litkouhi turned to the Mackinac Center Legal Foundation, which filed a lawsuit against the school district. A request was made under the state’s Freedom of Information Act to release to this mother details about the program. But this request also went nowhere.

Now, the Oakland County Circuit Court has ruled supporting the school district’s claim that because teachers belong to a teachers union, they are not public employees subject to the FOIA.:snip:

2 hours ago, Geee said:

For Teachers Unions, Parents and Children Come Last

One mother, Carol Beth Litkouhi, wondered enough that she went to the school and asked for details about what will be conveyed to her child in this program.

The response she got from the school amounted to “sorry, none of your business.”

Excuse me. A mother has no right to know what her child is being taught?

That would be The Point where you say, "Go Get my Child, I'm puling hm/her out Right Now.

Question: What do you think will happen if (say) 10-15% of parents start showing up at schools and Protesting?

Thing is while this does not/rarely make The News, this is (to quote the former VP) "A Big F...ing Deal".  Is a political/cultural iceberg.

Pro-Trans Organization Pushes Transgender ‘Inclusive’ Math

A pro-trans organization is pushing for “trans and non-binary”-inclusive math curriculums that advance gender ideology.

The Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network (GLSEN) exists to try adding radical gender theory into school policies and curriculums. But the organization is not just focused on health and history classes or policies surrounding sports and bathrooms but is now pushing for “trans and non-binary”-inclusive math curriculums. :snip:

School District Paid Nearly $500K to 'Equity' Firm That Claims Equal Opportunity Yields Equal Results, 'No Exceptions'

In Virginia, they have an idea: Make all students earn the exact same grades.

It may not come easy, but they’re willing to buy it for half a million taxpayer dollars. Reportedly, that’s how much Fairfax County Public Schools paid to “equal outcomes” firm Performance Fact.:snip:

Virginia University's Storm of Skin-Based Equity Rains Down Upon Education

At James Madison University, equity is king. And they’re royally inserting it everywhere.

The Virginia public research school has commissioned a Task Force on Racial Equity, and its mission is stated thusly:

(To) build upon previous JMU efforts related to access, diversity, equity and inclusion with new research and dialogue to create meaningful, structural, and noticeable racial equity transformation at JMU and in our world.:snip:

MIT Goes Against the Grain, Releases a Stunning Statement Endorsing Free Speech

Surprise — the Massachusetts Institute of Technology endorses students’ liberty to engage in offensive speech…officially.

In contrast to castigations of “hate speech” and the increasingly common notion that “hate speech isn’t free speech,” MIT is siding with the Constitution.

On December 21st, the Cambridge private land-grant research university released a Free Expression Statement.:snip: