THIS IS WHAT ARE WE PAYING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO TEACH OUR KIDS?????

Geee

Department of Education Training Video Features Biology Teacher Saying Ovaries Produce Eggs, Not Women

A viral video from Libs of TikTok on Twitter appears to show a trans-inclusive biology teacher in a Department of Education training video saying ovaries make eggs, as opposed to women.

According to Libs of TikTok, the video came from a training session with the Department of Education wherein teachers discussed using more trans-inclusive language for children K-12.:snip:

Professor Tells Princeton White Women Will Forever Soak in a Stew of Shame Because of Their Whiteness

:snip:[T]he only way for [whites] to participate in antiracism is for them to agree with it utterly and feel neverending shame for having been born white. They have to accept that they are a symbol of the oppressive system, a symbol of “whiteness,” and are thus inherent supporters of the structurally racist status quo. …

[W]hite women – are not allowed to “fix” the problem of their own whiteness. They simply must live in it and stew in their own guilt over being born the wrong race.:snip:

Top College — and Former Female Seminary — Tells Science Professors to Never Say 'Woman' or 'Female'

If you’re interested in science, Wheaton College can help you follow some.

The Massachusetts school has issued a language guide for professors.

Under the heading of “Natural Sciences,” the instructions explain, “Gender identity has a complicated relationship to biology and bodies.”

It’s about assignment:

[T]ransgender people identify with a sex/gender other than what they were assigned at birth, and frequently (but not always) physically alter their bodies as part of their transition. And intersex people, who make up a significant minority of all births (estimated to be as common as one in every 100 births), disprove the “naturalness” or inevitability of two exhaustive and mutually exclusive sex categories.:snip:

California, New York, Illinois used COVID-19 relief funds to push CRT in schools

Blue states across the country are using billions of taxpayer dollars from President Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package to push core tenets of critical race theory (CRT) in public schools.

The American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act, which the Democrats passed in March 2021 without any Republican support, was billed by the Democratic Party as a necessity for reopening schools during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the law provided over $122 billion for the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER), which helped multiple states implement "implicit bias" and "anti-racism" training, among other programs, according to research from One Nation shared with and verified by Fox News Digital.:snip:

‘Anti-racism’ for 4-year-olds shows how destructive the ideology is

Parents, do you want your toddlers being taught that “White people are a part of a society that benefits them in almost every instance,” and that “It’s as if white people walk around with an invisible force field because they hold all of the power in America”? Because that’s what 4-year-olds are being taught in a Washington, DC, public school.

Funny how this thing that we are being told is not happening … keeps happening. “How dare you accuse us of indoctrinating your kids in racist attitudes? Now shut up while we browbeat little ones with the ‘Anti-Racism Fight Club Fistbook for Kids,’ which says, ‘If you are a white person, white privilege is something you were born with,’ so you must be ‘loud, uncomfortable, confrontational and visible to ensure change is made.’”

Putting a noxious twist on the old Rodgers and Hammerstein tune, kids, you’ve got to be carefully taught … that you’re a racist. :snip:

Schools in Oregon install menstrual product dispensing machines in BOYS' restrooms after Governor signed law forcing them to provide free period products

• The Menstrual Dignity Act passed into law in 2021, schools have until 2023 to comply
  • The Oregon Department of Education director the state wants schools 'to understand how they can be supportive of all students'
  • One conservative group issued a statement reminding the public that taxpayers are now on the hook for tampon machines being installed in boys' bathrooms :snip:

This has also recently happened at my grandson's grammar school in Illinois

University of South Carolina blasted over 'White Student Accountability' meeting

The University of South Carolina is being criticized by a conservative student organization over a "White Student Accountability Group" meeting that was hosted at the school.

An email sent to University of South Carolina College of Social Work students invited them to attend the "White Student Accountability Group" meeting that was hosted on April 26, according to the conservative student organization Turning Point USA.

"It’s just very sad and disappointing that the university would organize an event that promotes legitimately racist ideas." -Dylan B., TPUSA chapter president at the university, said in a statement.

According to the event description for the "White Student Accountability Group," participants would learn about their "responsibility to dismantle racism in our practice and everyday lives.":snip:

University Directs Students to 'Practice With Pronouns,' and It Highlights Our Stunning Sophistication

Have you practiced lately? Not restraint, and not your oboe. I’m talking about pronouns.

College has changed quite a bit. Some might say it’s the new Pre-K: University attendees are getting schooled in ways that would’ve once been viewed as insufficiently advanced (see here).

But perhaps there’s something to be said for getting back to the basics.

Hence, the University of North Carolina has reportedly directed its students to “practice with pronouns.”

The school is on the cutting edge — its Office of the Provost’s Diversity and Inclusion page announces the following:

UNC-Chapel Hill strives to ensure gender equity across all platforms, including hiring practices, lactation/family support, and gender-inclusive language.

Resources are offered, including a list of “lactation locations” and a lesson on pronouns. “You can’t always know what someone’s pronouns are by looking,” it says.

Unsure about which pronouns to use? Asking and correctly using someone’s pronouns is one of the most basic ways to show respect for their individuality and gender identity.

It’s an interesting idea: Given that pronouns aren’t generally used in someone’s presence, UNC believes you must call everyone what they insist when they aren’t around.

The webpage provides a chart of “Gender Non-Specific Pronouns”::snip:

Florida officials say math textbooks rife with ‘woke’ political content

Sine, cosine and a lot of tangents.

Textbook publishers have routinely transmitted political messaging to kids under the cover of objective math instruction, according to a review by Florida officials.

The Sunshine State’s Department of Education vetted all math textbooks submitted by publishers for classroom use beginning in 2021.

The agency rejected 41 percent of the proposed materials for violating policy last month and released 6,000 documents related to its probe this week.

Math textbooks, reviewers found, frequently veered into political subject matter ranging from the racial makeup of the NYPD to climate change and abortion.

One DOE reviewer questioned a 2019 high school math textbook from Pearson Learning for lacing its content with political themes.

“Narratives within book contain topics that are neither age appropriate nor engaging to

students,” they wrote. “Examples are alcohol use, divorce, marijuana, illegal activities, gender bias, racial prejudice, etc.”

Rather than limit prose to the instruction of math, “the author pushes certain social issues as normal such as marijuana use, illegal drugs, implying that everyone is implicitly racist, jokes about marriage and divorce, and the white population decreasing.”

A DOE reviewer also flagged a math question about a hypothetical character named Ricky Ricardo who was drafted to fight in a war and died. The problem examines how his inheritance would be distributed to his kids.:snip:

Why was COVID relief cash spent on promoting CRT in schools?

Still doubt that the $1.9 trillion “COVID-relief” package pushed through by President Joe Biden and fellow Democrats last year served as a massive cash bath for friends, allies and pet causes? Then look at a new report on plans by school brass in left-leaning states to use their funds to push elements of critical race theory. How is that COVID relief?

“Over $46 billion of American Rescue Plan funds have been allocated to implement critical race theory into the school curriculum of 13 states,” the report, by a conservative PAC, One Nation, says. That includes $15.1 billion in California, $9 billion in New York and $5.1 billion in Illinois.

Officials in the Empire State submitted an application, OK’d by the Biden administration last August, detailing plans to use “relief” funds to train staff on topics like “implicit bias and structural racism” and “facilitating difficult discussions about race.” And it stressed its commitment to “diversity, equity and inclusion in all NYS districts and schools.”

Diversity, (true) equity and inclusion are all fine things, of course — but in practice the DEI movement pushes the brute racializing of education; it’s basically another name for critical race theory.

California and other states had similar plans, including training staff in “anti-bias” strategies, “anti-racism” and “equity.”:snip:

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Christian University Directs Students to Islamic Center, Allegedly Offers the Quran to Praying Students

(Snip)

California Lutheran University, they’re keeping an open mind.

The school’s Samuelson Chapel features a prayer chamber called the Mediation Room.

And according to a photo obtained by Campus Reform, the area offers many material assists to help students reach their own idea of God.

Excuse me!

Among the items: a Buddha statue, the Hindu book The Upanishads, and Islam’s The Study Quran.

I suppose we should grateful, They don't have items about the Aztec, Druids, Norse Norse Religions. Of course this being California, its just a matter of time.

Rhode Island parents enraged at school board for removing honors classes in 'equity obsession'

Barrington, Rhode Island, public schools are among the best in the state. Many parents move to the district, and tolerate the higher taxes, because of the academic rigor that sets their children up for attending Ivy League schools or receiving academic merit scholarships. However, all of that academic appeal is being chipped away after the district brought in a so-called "equity and inclusion" agenda. 

De-leveling, or a system of universal learning, was first implemented in Barrington on the most vulnerable students—the students with learning disabilities and Individualized Education Programs (IEP). In February 2020, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the school removed some conceptual classes. On the whole, parents of children in those classes were reluctant to speak out because they ran the risk of "outing" their child as having a disability or needing special accommodation.

A mom whose daughter has an IEP and attended the removed conceptual classes said that de-leveling has caused her daughter's grades to decline. The mother requested anonymity in order to protect her daughter's identity. :snip:

A peek into how educrats indoctrinate our children

As a lifelong conservative and a retired teacher, I welcome all efforts to wrest control over education from the leftist educrats. I long for a day when we can send our kids to public schools and know they are being educated, not indoctrinated. But indoctrinated they are and one of the main vehicles is the seemingly innocuous “Advisory” module.

As parents, we send our children to public schools to learn English, math, science, history, and other subjects deemed desirable by our society. Our schools also teach propaganda aimed at transforming America into something like the America that President Obama longed for when he said he wanted to transform America during his administration.

Recently, conservative groups critical of Obama’s vision have challenged those school boards and politicians suspected of trying to help Obama transform America. The defeat of Terry McAuliffe in Virginia and opposition to Critical Race Theory show that parents and taxpayers are wising up to the leftward march of American Public Education.:snip:

‘Not Open … To Parents’: Hyper-Racial Justice Department ‘SPIRIT’ Program Set To Descend On Public School

A Virginia high school requested programming from the Department of Justice (DOJ) that reportedly separates students in “homogenous” groups and does not allow parents to attend, according to a parent familiar with the matter.

Fairfax High School is slated to host the DOJ’s School-Student Problem Identification and Resolution of Issues Together (SPIRIT) program on Monday, May 16, and Tuesday, May 17, according to a Fairfax County parent. The program is run by the Justice Department’s Community Relations Service (CRS), which is available to state and local officials “to help resolve and prevent racial and ethnic conflict, violence and civil disorder.”

Day one of the DOJ’s programming allegedly places students in “separate homogeneous breakout groups” wherein they “have uncomfortable conversations about tensions in the school,” according to an advocacy group that reported on the program at an Alaska high school. In an example listed on the DOJ’s website, student participants in Anchorage were divided into five groups to identify the school’s strengths and areas on concerns, including the alleged “widespread use” of racial and ethnic slurs.:snip:

‘Unrelenting Daily Confrontation’: After Roe Leak, Yale Law Students Call for Ostracizing Conservative Classmates and Tossing Out Constitution

It’s been a rough couple of weeks for students at Yale Law School, who are responding to news that the Supreme Court may overturn Roe v. Wade with calls to accost their conservative classmates through "unrelenting daily confrontation" and toss the Constitution by the wayside.

Members of the law school’s conservative Federalist Society, first year law student Shyamala Ramakrishna said in an Instagram post, are "conspirators in the Christo-fascist political takeover we all seem to be posting frantically about." Why, she asked, are they still "coming to our parties" and "laughing in the library" without "unrelenting daily confrontation?"

Some of her classmates were less moderate.

"It’s not time for ‘reform,’" first-year law student Leah Fessler, a onetime New York Times freelancer, wrote on Instagram. "Democratic Institutions won’t save us." It is unclear how Fessler will apply that view as a legal intern this summer for federal judge Lewis Liman. Judge Liman did not respond to a request for comment.:snip:

School district files 'sexual harassment' complaint against 3 middle school students for using the wrong pronouns

"I received a phone call from the principal over at the elementary school, forewarning me; letting me know that I was going to be receiving an email with sexual harassment allegations against my son," Rosemary Rabidoux, one of the parents of the students being accused, told Fox 11.

"I immediately went into shock! I’m thinking, sexual harassment? That’s rape, that’s inappropriate touching, that’s incest," Rabidoux added. "What has my son done?"

Braden, Rabidoux’s 13-year-old son, is one of the three Kiel Middle School students accused of sexual harassment, an accusation that she disputes.

"(The investigating principal) said he’s being allegedly charged with sexual harassment for not using proper pronouns," said Rabidoux. "I thought it wasn’t real! I thought this has got to be a gag, a joke -- one has nothing to do with the other.":snip:

9 hours ago, Geee said:

School district files 'sexual harassment' complaint against 3 middle school students for using the wrong pronouns

"I received a phone call from the principal over at the elementary school, forewarning me; letting me know that I was going to be receiving an email with sexual harassment allegations against my son," Rosemary Rabidoux, one of the parents of the students being accused, told Fox 11.

"I immediately went into shock! I’m thinking, sexual harassment? That’s rape, that’s inappropriate touching, that’s incest," Rabidoux added. "What has my son done?"

Braden, Rabidoux’s 13-year-old son, is one of the three Kiel Middle School students accused of sexual harassment, an accusation that she disputes.

"(The investigating principal) said he’s being allegedly charged with sexual harassment for not using proper pronouns," said Rabidoux. "I thought it wasn’t real! I thought this has got to be a gag, a joke -- one has nothing to do with the other.":snip: