THIS IS WHAT ARE WE PAYING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO TEACH OUR KIDS?????

Geee

$2M for Oregon Teachers to Reject the "Eurocentric Worldview" of Individualism

Oregon’s Department of Education is spending $2 million to train K-12 teachers from diverse backgrounds to reject the "eurocentric worldview" of "individualism," Fox News reported.

The funds will pay for a 23-month fellowship for 600 educators to learn how to create "racially affirming environments" in their classrooms so that the teachers' identities are "seen" and "honored" in classrooms, Oregon’s Department of Education told Fox News Digital.

The goal is to “decenter,” including pushing back against the "euro-centric worldview" on "individualism."

"We are more than our titles and more than the roles we’ve been assigned; this arc will create space for each fellow to identify and unpack their multiple identities of self," the funding summary stated.

Another focus will be on "unlearning" where fellows will learn to "practice understanding themselves as a grounded bridge between curriculum and their students.":snip:

Public Schools Are Cesspools Of Wokeness And There’s No Bringing Them Back

Teachers’ unions are pushing a radical Marxist-inspired agenda that is destroying public education in America.

Over the past several years, the left has aggressively infected the minds of the youngest children with the tenets of critical race theory (CRT) and gender ideology, while academic excellence has been shoved to the back of the bus. As a result, public schools are hemorrhaging students.

In my home state of Minnesota, 2022 “marks the second consecutive year the state’s public school system has lost thousands of students,” the Center of the American Experiment, a Minnesota think tank, reported in February. Why should parents in Minnesota or any other state keep their children in public schools?

In 2021, the Minnesota Department of Education’s statewide test results showed another drop in the number of students meeting or exceeding grade-level criteria. Overall, reading scores fell 7 percent, math scores dropped 11 percent, and science scores shrank 8 percent.

In another example, New York City public schools — which compose the nation’s largest school district — have already lost about 50,000 students over the past two years and are expected to lose nearly 30,000 more by the time school begins this fall.:snip:

Minnesota School District Pours Millions Into ‘Woke’ Math as Student Scores Plummet

A Minnesota school district is spending millions of dollars to racially diversify elementary school math lessons as student proficiency scores plummet.

Minneapolis Public Schools will spend more than $2 million to incorporate "ethnic, racial, and cultural diversity" into the K-5 math curriculum, according to a June school board presentation reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon. The new curriculum, which will be implemented in the fall, "reflects the lived experiences of our Minneapolis students and develops positive math identity," a school district executive director said at a June 14 school board meeting, by adding "cultural and linguistically responsive materials.":snip:

University of Nevada Launches 'LGBTQ Studies' Minor — From the Dept. Of Gender, Race, and Identity

:snip:LGBTQ Studies is an 18-unit interdisciplinary minor housed within the Department of Gender, Race, and Identity (GRI). Focused on the varied histories, cultures, politics, and identities associated with and created among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, intersex, and other (LGBTQ+) people in the United States and transnationally, the minor offers a variety of courses in the arts, the humanities, and social sciences.:snip:

Soldiers for the Gender Revolution Left-wing activists have smuggled radical gender theory into more than 4,000 schools

Radical gender theory has made sudden inroads in America’s schools. Many parents have watched in confusion as their children repeat the movement’s slogans and adopt synthetic sexual identities such as “non-binary,” “pansexual,” and “genderqueer.” The next question for many families is: Where does this surge in left-wing sexual ideology come from? One answer: from a network of professional activists, who have smuggled university-style gender theory into more than 4,000 schools under the cover of “gender and sexuality” clubs, or GSAs.

The main national organization behind this campaign, the GSA Network, is a professionally staffed nonprofit with a multimillion-dollar annual budget. GSA Network serves as an umbrella organization for more than 4,000 “gender and sexuality alliances” across 40 states. Once called the Gay-Straight Alliance Network, the group rebranded in 2016, reflecting a new focus on “the limits of a binary gender system.” The individual chapters, which operate in elementary, middle, and high schools, often use the language of “LGBTQ inclusion” and “anti-bullying” in their public relations, but behind the scenes, the central organization is driven by pure left-wing radicalism that extends far beyond sexuality.

According to the organization’s publicly accessible materials and administrative documents, the GSA Network’s ideology follows the basic framework of radical gender theory: white European men created an oppressive system based on capitalism, white supremacy, and “heteronormativity”—that is, the promotion of heterosexuality, the male-female binary, and bourgeois family norms. In order to fight back, racial and sexual minorities must unite under the banner of “intersectionality” and dismantle the interlocking “systems of oppression.”:snip:

Politifacts says this is wrong

Nowhere in the 33-second video did the physician suggest that the procedure is offered to children. The notion, however, seemed to rely on the hospital having "children" in its name. 

The Center for Gender Surgery at Boston Children's Hospital did not respond to PolitiFact's request for comment. 

Although the Center for Gender Surgery is inside a pediatric hospital, medical treatment is offered only to "eligible adolescents and young adults," the center's website said.

I could be wrong (not being a biologist) but another word for adolescents is Children.

SCHOOL DISTRICT ORDERS REMOVAL OF BIBLE, ANNE FRANK’S DIARY FROM SHELVES

A school district in suburban Fort Worth, Texas, has ordered its librarians to remove an illustrated adaptation of “The Diary of Anne Frank” from their shelves and digital libraries, along with the Bible and dozens of other books that were challenged by parents last year.

The book purge at the Keller Independent School District in Keller, Texas, was requested Tuesday by a district executive in an email, a copy of which was obtained by the Jewish Telegraphic Agency. A copy of the email also circulated on social media.

“By the end of today, I need all books pulled from the library and classrooms,” wrote Jennifer Price, Keller ISD’s executive director of curriculum and instruction:snip:

Black parent sues LA school after children pick cotton for project

A black parent is suing the Los Angeles Unified School District and Board of Education for a civil rights infringement after her daughter's school allegedly had children picking cotton to learn about life as a slave.

Rashunda Pitts said her now 14-year-old daughter, identified in the suit as S.W., experienced emotional distress as a result of the project, which she deemed culturally insensitive, and claims her daughter now suffers from anxiety, according to the lawsuit filed in the L.A. Superior Court last week.:snip:

Why My Local School Called Security on Me

Lenore Skenazy

May 12, 2022

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood — Queens, New York. I'm walking by one of the local elementary schools and slow down to watch the girls doing cartwheels at recess. Over and over, they practice — proof that in free play, kids learn frustration tolerance and focus. That's why I'm such a fan.

I stop to watch another gaggle of kids playing hopscotch like I used to do. The teacher or teacher's aide looks over at me through the chain-link fence towering above us: "Ma'am, you cannot stand there. You have to move."

"I can't stand here ... on the public sidewalk?" I ask.

"No. You're not allowed to watch the kids."

"I think I am. I'm on a public sidewalk, I'm not taking pictures and I don't even have my phone out."

"You have to leave."

(Snip)

hen, out of curiosity and also a growing ember of rage, I go back to see if security has indeed been called. The teacher (or playground worker or paraprofessional — I don't know her job title) is talking to another woman, who walks to the fence and tells me that she is security and I have to move along.

"But why? I'm not doing anything bad. I'm just watching the kids."

"That's not allowed."

"Because?"

"Because we get bad people coming by here. They expose themselves. They take pictures of the kids."

"But I'm not exposing myself or taking pictures."

"We can't let anyone watch the kids. There's just too much bad stuff out there. People expose themselves. These are someone else's children and it's our job to keep them safe!"

"How many men have exposed themselves this year?" I ask, feigning curiosity, but really hoping to make a point.

"This year? So far, none."

"Zero the whole year?" I ask.

"The school year isn't over yet." True. "It's sad, but that's just the way it is," she says.

And she's right. It's really sad and that IS just the way it is.

(Snip)

‘Psychologically Abusive’: Some Back-To-School Programs Dividing Students By ‘Gender, Culture And Identity’

• A back-to-school curriculum by Facing History and Ourselves is based in social-emotional learning and uses identity charts and “get to know you” questionnaires to lay the groundwork for Critical Race Theory. 
  • Parents should be involved in their child’s education and pay attention to the introduction questionnaires and lessons that are being implemented in schools, experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.
  • “Separating children by their group identities and having them judge others or self-judge because of their group identity is psychologically abusive, not to mention despicable, in a modern society,” Wai Wah Chin, adjunct fellow at the Manhattan Institute, told the DCNF. “Promoting SEL in schools puts powerful control and assessment tools into the hands of educators.”:snip:

Chicago Public Schools website features appalling video justifying burning and looting

The Chicago Public Schools are doing a miserable job educating the children of that troubled city. At Matt Rosenberg of Wirepoints notes, the school system has every incentive to try to redirect anger over its failures onto society as a whole, specifically to white racism. It is via Wirepoints that I learned of the video embedded below and saw these basic statistics on the CPS’s abject failures:

Rosenberg ably excerpts some of the most remarkable assertions of the video, but in order to fully grasp the level of hatred being expressed, it is worthwhile listening to the almost 7 minutes of the rant, in which the speaker, author Kimberly Jones, credits participating on Operation Push (Jesse Jackson’s old outfit) for her level of economic sophistication (such as it is).   :snip:

The deep, dark history of gender madness in schools

Like a huge iceberg submerged in the ocean of public education, most of the agenda concerning gender across the USA is underwater and hidden.  Its origins are dark.

One corner of the iceberg popped out of the water when a teacher in Jefferson County, Colorado, who has been re-educated for not going along with the gender agenda, spoke out to the Daily Caller about his experience.

According to a July 1, 2022 article, "Jefferson County Public School teacher Phil Vagos underwent disciplinary action following an email exchange between himself and a transgender student."

The exchange took place in May 2021.  Vagos tried to give a student information about how other transitioning young people have regretted their decisions to transition and detransition.  He gave the student information from a website called "Transgender Trend.":snip:

Missouri School District Trains Teachers To Understand Their Place In The ‘Cycle Of Oppression’

A Missouri school district held a teacher training that asked teachers to learn and understand their place in the “cycle of oppression,” according to training documents made public by the City Journal.

The training, titled “Senior Leadership Series – Equity & Access” and put on by Springfield Public Schools in Springfield, Missouri, taught educators to examine their “identities and privileges” in regards to race and gender, according to public training documents. The training, focused on making sure educators are “aware” of their privilege, is part of widespread recent efforts to integrate diversity, equity and inclusion practices into the classroom.:snip:

Kentucky school district includes CRT, ‘Whiteness Theory’ teacher training

The Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville, Kentucky hosted a "Racial Equity Institute" this summer, including presentations about racial equity and anti-racist math, according to reports.

Jason Anger and Daniel Buck reported on the event in The Chalkboard Review, and called the trainings the "greatest hits list of radical progressive ideas." 

Topics in a presentation given by Atherton High School assistant principal Dr. Julie Chancellor included critical race theory, implicit bias rating, Whiteness theory and historical causes of inequity. The training recommended books such as Ibrim X. Kendi’s "How to be an Antiracist" and "White Fragility," according to the report. :snip:

Cancel Culture Infests Cornell's Law School

If you're a prospective law student, do you want to pay $74,000 a year to attend Cornell University's Law School whose faculty members publish what looks like a false accusation of murder and can't seem to do better than play "woke pigeon chess" in the court of public opinion, or $25,400 a year for in-state tuition at the State University of New York in Buffalo? SUNY's web page says, "Our students graduate to work at the same law firms and earn the same starting salaries as those who attend pricey private law schools." The difference comes to almost $150,000 over three years and, from where I sit, I don't see what an attorney gets from Cornell for that kind of money.

Law professor William Jacobson reports, "There’s an effort to get me fired at Cornell for criticizing the Black Lives Matter Movement" and, from what I have seen, Jacobson's criticisms are accurate. Dean Eduardo Peñalver nonetheless used a Cornell web page to say, "In light of this deep and rich tradition of walking the walk of racial justice, in no uncertain terms, recent blog posts of Professor William Jacobson, casting broad and categorical aspersions on the goals of those protesting for justice for Black Americans, do not reflect the values of Cornell Law School as I have articulated them."

Is This What Cornell's Law School Supports?:snip:

California School District Disseminates Health Education Curriculum With 10 Sexual Preferences, 8 Genders: Report

Teachers from a Southern California school district are allegedly teaching children through health education textbooks that 10 sexual orientations and eight genders exist.

Fox New Digital reported that a textbook called “Comprehensive Health Skills for High School” ordered by the Newport-Mesa Unified School District makes such claims about gender and sexuality.:snip:

‘Stabbed With A Pencil’: Lawsuit Alleges Students Were Bullied For Their Political Beliefs

Parents of a Connecticut school district are suing over a school policy which has led to their students being bullied because of their political beliefs.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday to the U.S. District Court against Board of Education at Guilford Public Schools in Guilford, Connecticut, alleges that a school policy implemented in 2020 has encouraged bullying and “racial discrimination.” Because of the school policy, the lawsuit alleges that the parent’s children in the school district have been “bullied” and “harassed” over their political beliefs.:snip: