Anti-mask protesters' new weapon: wearing masks that offer no COVID-19 protection

‘Fine Me’: Texas Trump Supporters Defy COVID-19 Curfew near the Alamo

A group of Trump supporters in Texas came out to the Alamo Friday night in defiance of a COVID-19 curfew put in place by the mayor of San Antonio. The group chanted “fine me!” to the city’s mayor, who put a 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew in place. The order bans any social activity including congregating “in any area outside of an individual’s household.”

(Snip)

6 hours ago, Valin said:

“Papers, May We See Your Papers!”

John Schroeder

Nov 28, 2020

That title is a movie cliché unless, like me, you have traveled to places where those words carry with them the possibility of arrest, or worse.  Everybody who has ever watched a spy movie has seen a scene featuring that line.  But it is not just a movie trope.

It is a unique fear that runs down your spine when, in the Soviet Union, a person in uniform asked you for “your papers.”  I was told before I entered the USSR that it would happen to me.  It did.  I was also told before I entered the USSR that so long as I did nothing stupid to not sweat it, that was an intimidation technique. In other words, the powers that be did it simply to keep everyone afraid, cowed and obedient.  Those words were most often spoken randomly and simply to make you fearful.  Trust me, it worked.

I never thought I would see the likes of it in the United States.  Well, I was wrong:

Mayor Eric Garcetti today announced that all travelers entering the City from another state or country will be required to fill out an online form to acknowledge and spread awareness of California’s recommended 14-day quarantine upon arrival. Starting Wednesday, passengers arriving at LAX and Van Nuys Airport will see signs and messages reminding them to fill out the required form….Starting Wednesday, November 25th, anyone over the age of 16 must submit this form prior to or upon arrival at the airports. Failure to do so may result in a fine of up to $500.

(Snip)

RCMP bust Manitoba church for holding Sunday service—Christians worship on the highway[/b]

Due to RCMP blockading of the church, churchgoers were forced to hold their services on the adjacent highway, with the church blasting the service via loudspeaker.

Noah David Alter The Post Millennial

November 29, 2020

Churchgoers in the town of Steinbach, Manitoba have defied the province's pandemic-related lockdown orders by intending to attend a drive-in Church service Sunday morning, leading to RCMP officers blockading the house of worship.

RCMP moving in to blockade our church in Steinbeck Manitoba right now pic.twitter.com/0R13ECd49h

— Pastor Henry Hildebrandt (@aylmerpastor) November 29, 2020

The church announced their commitment to holding a service over Facebook on Saturday night. "We will be holding a drive-in worship service tomorrow morning at 9:30, God willing," the statement reads. "Yesterday evening, the Manitoba government deemed drive-in services to be illegal. This worship service will be held in protest of these tyrannical edicts."

Under new lockdown restrictions in Manitoba, no more than five people can gather in one location, including if they remain in their cars.

(Snip)

Anti-mask moms protest Volusia School Board policy again

Rebecca Sarwi has been busy since the last Volusia County School Board meeting.

Cassidy Alexander, The Daytona Beach News-Journal 11/11/2020

BB1aUJs7.img?h=518&w=1119&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

© David Tucker/News Journal Parents gather with their children, Tuesday November 10, 2020 at the Volusia County School Board in DeLand to protest the board's mask mandate.

She was one of seven moms who protested the district’s mask policy during the coronavirus pandemic and was trespassed from a board meeting two weeks ago, although she said she was not among those who were forcibly removed. 

More: Anti-mask moms kicked out of meeting where Volusia School Board voted yes on masks

Since then, the mother of two has been in touch with every agency she could think of — The DeLand Police Department, the Florida Department of Education, Gov. Ron DeSantis’s office, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — trying to get permission to return to the property and continue voicing her dissent to the requirement that students, staff and visitors wear masks on campuses. But the agencies she contacted all eventually said decisions like the mask mandate and how to enforce it are up to local school districts. 

(Snip)