Goofs, gaffes and brainfarts: Trump sets sights on Biden's Achilles heel

Geee

Truth Is, Biden Never Had a Firm Grip on Reality

Near the end of last year, I casually joked on my podcast that watching Joe Biden campaign was like watching a public service announcement about elder abuse. As with all good humor, it was based in truth, but it wasn’t until recently that I realized just how much truth there was in that joke. But there’s more truth in it than I realized because Joe has not only been the butt of the joke, but he’s also been in on it the whole time.

That Biden has lost a step isn’t in dispute. Anyone as old as he is has lost a step. But it’s not just a step Joe has lost; he’s lost a staircase, even several flights. The question is: is it dementia? 

The thing about Joe Biden is, he’s never had a firm grip on reality. Perhaps not in the “mental decline” sense, but in a very real sense nonetheless. :snip:

• 2 weeks later...

‘This Is Really Bad’ — Social Media Weighs in After Biden’s Very Bad Day in Pittsburgh

Joe Biden is in the Catch-22 of his political career, folks. If he stays in his basement, he faces the legitimate question of whether he’s fit — both physically and mentally — to assume the duties of the presidency. If he hits the campaign trail, he runs the risk of… Pittsburgh.

The latter occurred on Monday, and it wasn’t a pretty sight. At all. Put another way, Joe had a very bad day in Pittsburgh. A really bad day.

As my RedState colleague Nick Arama reported, Biden gave a speech in Pittsburgh on Monday that went far beyond simple gaffes and pregnant pauses. A performance that left little doubt. Joe Biden is in decline.

Worse, Biden’s decline is accelerating, seemingly every time he steps up to a microphone. Garbled words and forgotten thoughts are now replaced with entire nonsensical sentences. Even worse, he doesn’t even seem to realize what he just said made no sense at all.

Here’s a short example.

As Biden was rifling through the “crises” America has faced under Donald Trump, he identified one such crises as “the birth of the right American future.” Worse? He had no idea what he just said made no sense whatsoever, even given that he said if for political expediency.:snip:

Prof. Biden Claims 'a Black Man Invented the Light Bulb, Not a White Guy Named Edison.'

Joe Biden, who claims he wants to fact-check Donald Trump in real time during the presidential debates, told a real whopper on Thursday during his visit to Kenosha.

.“People fear that’s, which, that which is different. We gotta, for example, why in God’s name don’t we teach history in history classes? A black man invented the light bulb, not a white guy named Edison.”:snip:

3 hours ago, Geee said:

Prof. Biden Claims 'a Black Man Invented the Light Bulb, Not a White Guy Named Edison.'

Joe Biden, who claims he wants to fact-check Donald Trump in real time during the presidential debates, told a real whopper on Thursday during his visit to Kenosha.

.“People fear that’s, which, that which is different. We gotta, for example, why in God’s name don’t we teach history in history classes? A black man invented the light bulb, not a white guy named Edison.”:snip:

H/T Power Line

@Geee

This really needs to go in the Just When You Think Things Can't Get Any Crazier....Turns Out You're WRONG file.

Once again I say, HISTORY...HISTORY...HISTORY! If you know at least Some history, then you won't make yourself look this Stupid.

1 hour ago, Valin said:

H/T Power Line

@Geee

This really needs to go in the Just When You Think Things Can't Get Any Crazier....Turns Out You're WRONG file.

Once again I say, HISTORY...HISTORY...HISTORY! If you know at least Some history, then you won't make yourself look this Stupid.

The only problem with history, history, history is that with todays history, it all depends on who's version of history it is.  

8 hours ago, Geee said:

The only problem with history, history, history is that with todays history, it all depends on who's version of history it is.  

Howard Zinn's "People's History of the United States" aka White People Are Bad. Not a fan of book burning, but I'll make an exception in this case.

Learning history can be Hard (So many history text books are...well Boring), takes time, but IMO well worth the effort. If you don't know at least some history, you're gonna be  confused, and thinking This has never happened before.

15 minutes ago, Valin said:

Howard Zinn's "People's History of the United States" aka White People Are Bad. Not a fan of book burning, but I'll make an exception in this case.

Learning history can be Hard (So many history text books are...well Boring), takes time, but IMO well worth the effort. If you don't know at least some history, you're gonna be  confused, and thinking This has never happened before.

I very often read older history books. Very very dry. I am currently reading Teddy Roosevelts AutoBiography. I think he was the original swamp cleaner.

57 minutes ago, Geee said:

I very often read older history books. Very very dry. I am currently reading Teddy Roosevelts AutoBiography. I think he was the original swamp cleaner.

To those who are not "In To" History I generally recommend historical fiction. Jeff & Michael Shaara's Civil War trilogy "Gods & Generals, Killer Angels, The Last Full Measure" Can't be beat.

• Like 1

Reporters Don’t Give Biden Questions in Advance? You Be the Judge

Joe Biden’s presidential campaign does not prescreen questions, the Daily Beast reported on July 1. He does not use a teleprompter to answer reporters’ questions, the Associated Press reported the very next day. One could certainly understand why an observer might suspect otherwise.

Biden spoke in Wilmington, Delaware on Friday to rebut the very good news contained in the August jobs report. He also used the opportunity to express his outrage and disappointment over 2018 remarks attributed to President Trump by highly dubious reporting in The Atlantic

When Trump answers reporters’ questions, he calls on individual reporters himself. But not so for Biden or his campaign. 

Here you can see the candidate turning to his handler to start calling from a predetermined list of reporters, saying, “I guess . . . are you calling on people? I don’t have a list.” 

Joe! You’re not supposed to admit to following a list! This led to Biden’s first question, in which an Atlantic reporter read a pathetically soft question from his cell phone: “When you hear these remarks” attributed to Trump by The Atlantic’s editor, Jeffrey Goldberg, “what does it tell you about President Trump’s soul?” 

Biden then cast his eyes to the lectern, briefly studying. After using the word, “deplorable” twice in his answer, Biden looked down at the lectern a second time. At 22:37, one can clearly see him turn up the corner of a page of notes as he studies them before continuing his answer.:snip: