Minneapolis on Fire

Geee

Here’s How To Help Small Businesses Damaged In Minnesota Riots

One small business owner, Minneapolis firefighter Korboi Balla, poured his life savings into opening a sports bar only to find it destroyed by looters Friday morning.

(Snip)

Here’s how you can support small businesses in the Twin Cities.

Balla has launched a GoFundMe campaign to rebuild his bar, which wasn’t covered by insurance. As of Friday evening, the fundraiser had received more than $260,000.

The Lake Street Council, a nonprofit serving businesses in the Minneapolis area, has an online fundraising campaign to help small businesses rebuild after the riots.

The council “will donate 100% of donations toward helping the Lake Street small business and nonprofit community rebuild their storefronts and providing for our neighborhoods during this time of need,” the fundraiser states.

This post will be updated as more verified fundraisers become available. 

George Floyd’s brother urges protesters ‘not to tear up your town’

Amid violent protests that have convulsed communities across the US, George Floyd’s younger brother is pleading with demonstrators “not to tear up your town,” according to a report.

ometimes I get angry, I want to bust some heads, too,” Terrence Floyd told ABC News. “I wanna … just go crazy. But I’m here. My brother wasn’t about that. My brother was about peace. You’ll hear a lot of people say he was a gentle giant.”:snip:

Dennis Rodman begs for looting to end: ‘F–king animals’

NBA great Dennis Rodman called for the end to looting in response to the death of George Floyd, telling his social media followers Sunday that “we’re human beings, not f–king animals.”

Businesses all over the country were ravaged over the weekend as protests continued to escalate after Floyd, a 46-year-old black man, was killed in Minneapolis last week by a white police officer.

“I think someone needs to come out and say, ‘Hey, guys, Why are we looting? Why are we stealing? Why are we creating more issues, more problems?” the 59-year-old Rodman said in an Instagram video, titled ‘Rest in Power George Floyd.’ “This is a bad, bad situation. But the fact that you’re gonna protest, protest in the right way. You don’t have to go and burn down things, steal things, burn things and stuff like that.”:snip:

After last night

Scott Johnson

June 1 2020

Watching yesterday’s news conferences and protests live on local television, I can only offer my impression that despite the arrests made by law enforcement the authorities are largely unable or unwilling to enforce the curfews they have set. The protesters have taken over city streets and highways more or less at will. I wonder if the authorities will throw in the towel today. My impression is that Governor Walz is not up to the task. I have embedded video of two of yesterday’s news conferences below.

Walz has a new shibboleth. He is “creating space.” He is “creating space” for vacuity in the face of the mob. As I say, Walz appears inadequate to the task.

Indeed, Walz is rushing (again) to get in front of the mob. Yesterday Walz surrendered the prosecution of MPD officer Derek Chauvin to Attorney General Keith Ellison. Back in 1993, Ellison teamed up with Vice Lords gangbanger Sharif Willis to lead protests decrying the prosecution of the gangbangers who shot MPD officer Jerry Haaf in the back. Haaf’s murder might have been the lowest moment in Minneapolis’s history until last week. Ellison was out to torment the police on behalf of the gangbangers.

Ellison, by the way, first sought office in 1998 as Keith X Ellison, a self-identified member (and recognized local leader) of the Nation of Islam. Ellison is up to the task. The problem, however, is his task.

(Snip)

I tried to make it easy for them by putting Ellison’s background into narrative form for a 2006 Weekly Standard article just before Ellison’s election to Congress. See also my Weekly Standard columns “The Ellison elision” (2014) and “The trouble with Keith Ellison” (2016).

In removing Chauvin’s prosecution and the related investigation from the Hennepin County Attorney, Walz has taken it out of the hands of Assistant County Attorney Amy Sweasy. Sweasy took over the botched investigation of the murder of Justine Damond and led the prosecution of MPD officer Mohamed Noor for her killing. I covered Noor’s trial in court every day for Power Line. I seriously doubt that Ellison has a prosecutor in his office as capable as Sweasy.

(Snip)

You Can’t Loot Us, We’re Progressives!

John Hinderaker

June 1, 2020

There is nothing good about rioting, looting and burning, but these evils sometimes provide clarifying moments. Such as when progressives realize that the looters are coming for them, too. It shouldn’t be a news flash, but progressives are often surprised to learn that their support for left-wing causes, including criminal activity, doesn’t accord them any special status.

(Snip)

The crowd is extremely peaceful and groups and many are wearing masks and trying to keep distance. #Raleigh #GeorgeFloydprotest pic.twitter.com/1XgZc3nuvp

— Leigh of House (@LeighTauss) May 30, 2020

But mobs gonna mob. This came a few hours later:

I went into the hallway. I heard someone l enter the office and what sounded like smashing inside. We are a small newspaper with a handful of desktops. I’m now hiding in the basement.

— Leigh of House (@LeighTauss) May 31, 2020

(Snip)

The “protesters” added insult to injury:

“Who the f%@# is next?” A protester shouts. “Your daughter? Your grandma? That’s why we out here.” #raleigh pic.twitter.com/nCU6HYgP9b

— Leigh of House (@LeighTauss) June 1, 2020

(Snip)

Cuomo: Trump is ‘calling out the American military against American citizens’; Victor Davis Hanson Sets Him Straight

:snip:

Well, I think we’re waiting for one brave person to step forward and say, ‘no more.’…

This country was united in their anguish and anger at that policeman [Derek Chauvin] and there was a liberal mayor and a liberal governor and a liberal police chief and the wheels of justice were turning fast. So, there was no reason for the protests to get out of hand, and they did, and partly it was because they could.

The demonstrators very quickly saw that people would apologize or appease them and they took advantage of it.

People who are poor and in need do not steal Nike sneakers and they do not go into Louis Vuitton to steal $5,000 bags.

And people who are real revolutionary Antifa don’t worry about an indictment on their record that will hurt their corporate profile.

Why did this happen? You could make the argument, well maybe the media went full Baghdad Bob where flames were in the background while they assured us that the demonstrations were peaceful or they had to sidestep looters as they assured us that nobody was breaking the law. That might be a reason.

It’s 2020. It’s an election year and I think a lot of the left thought where Robert Mueller, impeachment, COVID, and the lockdown failed, maybe this disaster would succeed in getting rid of Donald Trump.

Joe Biden was mired in racial politics before this happened. I think he thought he could leverage, and the left could, the African-American vote in certain ways that they found useful.

But whatever it was, Tucker, it’s deleterious, because when you sum it all up, what are we left with? We’re left with the idea that chaos is gonna hurt the President.

I think the independent voter is going to say, ‘all I’m looking for is somebody to stop it. If that’s Donald Trump — I may not like his tweets but he’s the only thing between me and [more violence in] Santa Monica.’ I don’t think the left gets that…

And now we know that these blue-state mayors can’t or won’t keep you either healthy or and they can’t keep you safe. And the idea that they’re going to beg for more money when this is over and the rest of America is going to say good job. Here’s some more trillion [sic] is absolutely crazy.

And finally, there’s China. We’re in an existential war with China and they’ve changed their tune lately, watching this. It’s no longer, ‘Well, maybe we were wrong, let’s work together. It’s ‘What the hell are you going to do about it. So what. So what if we [inaudible] the virus. We’re moving on Hong Kong. We’re fighting India. We’re gonna move on Taiwan and what are you doing? You’re identifying by your tribal affinity.’

So, really in America, you’ve got one choice. You either say ‘I am a human and I identify as American and race and gender are unimportant or I’m a tribalist, and my superficial appearance is my primary loyalty’ and that’s what this is about. And people are going to have to choose what kind of country [they want],” concluded Hanson, “or what kind of country they won’t have.”

:snip:

Tim Scott Responds to Rep Val Demings' Incendiary Comments for Trump

"I recommended that he spend more time focusing on Mr. Floyd and the death and the necessity of justice," Sen. Scott said on Fox News. "I really tried to echo the sentiments that I have echoed before, which is that for many African Americans, this situation has occurred too often."

According to the senator, Trump took his advice. In the Rose Garden on Monday, Trump assured the country that his administration would stop the deadly riots and protects the rights of peaceful protesters. His words, Scott said, were "heartfelt and led us in the right direction.":snip:

June 2 2020

Dave Rubin of The Rubin Report talks to Brandon Tatum (Co-Founder of Blexit & former police officer) about George Floyd, police brutality myths, and how America can bring a stop to the riots. Brandon gives his take on the arrest and death of George Floyd and how he thinks it went wrong. Brandon also discusses if he thinks racism was a motivating factor in his death. He addresses the proper tactics a police officer should use during an arrest. He also explains what excited delirium is, how it might have been involved and how it can put police officers at risk.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:59 AM, Valin said:

June 2 2020

Dave Rubin of The Rubin Report talks to Brandon Tatum (Co-Founder of Blexit & former police officer) about George Floyd, police brutality myths, and how America can bring a stop to the riots. Brandon gives his take on the arrest and death of George Floyd and how he thinks it went wrong. Brandon also discusses if he thinks racism was a motivating factor in his death. He addresses the proper tactics a police officer should use during an arrest. He also explains what excited delirium is, how it might have been involved and how it can put police officers at risk.

Minneapolis Mayor Now Asking Trump for Relief Money After He Let His City Burn

You’ve gotta admire the brazenness someone has to operate with to not protect their own city from riots, trash the President in the process, and then go running to the federal government for money. Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, who bears a striking resemblance to Canada’s Justin Trudeau, has managed it though.

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the damages are already at $55 million and climbing. That money’s got to come from somewhere, so why not the Trump, right?:snip:

13 minutes ago, Geee said:

Minneapolis Mayor Now Asking Trump for Relief Money After He Let His City Burn

You’ve gotta admire the brazenness someone has to operate with to not protect their own city from riots, trash the President in the process, and then go running to the federal government for money. Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, who bears a striking resemblance to Canada’s Justin Trudeau, has managed it though.

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the damages are already at $55 million and climbing. That money’s got to come from somewhere, so why not the Trump, right?:snip:

This is what Progressives do. Screw everything up, then expect Republicans to bail them out. 

I would also point out Minneapolis is one of the 1st sanctuary cities. You know just in case Donald Trump needs a reason to tell the boy mayor to stick it where the sun don't shine. Both Actions & Elections have consequences.

In 1965 there was a major riot on the near north side. Burned the place out...the area Still hasn't recovered.

38 minutes ago, Valin said:

This is what Progressives do. Screw everything up, then expect Republicans to bail them out. 

I would also point out Minneapolis is one of the 1st sanctuary cities. You know just in case Donald Trump needs a reason to tell the boy mayor to stick it where the sun don't shine. Both Actions & Elections have consequences.

In 1965 there was a major riot on the near north side. Burned the place out...the area Still hasn't recovered.

I was thinking yesterday about this. Trump has had a team working on enterprise zones in the inner city, this probably stops  the whole thing. Such a shame

13 minutes ago, Geee said:

I was thinking yesterday about this. Trump has had a team working on enterprise zones in the inner city, this probably stops  the whole thing. Such a shame

I hope you are wrong, and these Enterprise Zone programs continue, But I have my doubts they will (remember this is Donald Trump, a man not known for being very forgiving to those who attack/oppose him). Once again I see Progressive "governing" in action, and those who live in these areas are the ones who will suffer.

• Like 1

Antifa Loots Austin Target Store in Coordinated Effort, DPS Confirms Special Agents Embedded in the Organization

The militant left-wing group, Antifa, has infiltrated the George Floyd protests and incited acts of violence, the DPS director confirmed this week.

Brad Johnson

June 4, 2020

Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Director Steve McGraw told the press on Tuesday that Antifa was responsible for the Sunday evening looting of the Capital Plaza Target in Austin.

McGraw also confirmed that the department has agents embedded in Antifa, from which they received the intel.

He said, “[The looting] was done and organized by an Antifa webpage, and of course, the surveillance that was provided over the internet to identify where law enforcement resources were staged was done over Antifa accounts.”

(Snip)

Widespread civil unrest has swelled throughout the country since the death of Minnesota man, George Floyd, after he was suffocated by a police officer. Most protesters have peaceably assembled, but agitators in their midst have caused tensions to escalate in many cities across America — including in Texas.

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

1. A Black man is killed in MPLS, so lets loot a store in Texas.....Riiight!

2. Ever notice these things happen in Progressive cities? Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

• 1 month later...