Minneapolis on Fire

Geee

armed-citizens-guard-stores-amid-looting-in-minneapolis-report

Protests in Minneapolis over the death of George Floyd took a dramatic turn for the worse Wednesday night as city police responded to stores in the city being looted and burned as well as a deadly shooting at a protest location.

Multiple reports indicated that Mayor Jacob Frey reached out to Gov. Tim Walz to deploy the National Guardto the city. The mayor’s office did not immediately respond to Fox News seeking comment. 

Social media users posted videos on Twitter that showed burning businesses and looters entering a local Target store and making their way out with bags full of items.:snip:

Los Angeles protest erupts over George Floyd death; American flag burned, Hwy 101 blocked

Protesters in Los Angeles temporarily blocked Highway 101 and clung to a California Highway Patrol cruiser during a downtown demonstration Wednesday over the death of George Floyd.

Floyd, 46, died Monday night in Minneapolis, with video later showing him on the ground with a police officer's knee pressed against his neck.

“I can't breathe” and “Don’t kill me,” Floyd shouts in the video, which has sparked outrage across the U.S. and led to the firings of four Mineapolis police officers. Protests continuing in Minnesota on Wednesday erupted into violence and looting.

:snip:

I've watched some videos of this incident, and all I can say is it doesn't Look good for these officers.

• Like 1

George Floyd protests turn deadly after man shot outside pawn shop

A man was shot dead outside of a Minneapolis pawn shop Wednesday night as violent protests over the death of George Floyd rattled the city, authorities said.

Minneapolis cops are investigating reports that the victim was a looter shot dead by an owner of the business, police department spokesman John Elder said at press briefing early Thursday.

The man was found with a gunshot wound outside of Cadillac Pawn and Jewelry on East Lake Street near Bloomington Avenue at about 9:25 p.m. local time, Elder said.

“That is one of the theories that we’re working into,” Elder said in response to a reporter questioning if there’s any credence to the narrative that the owner shot dead a looter trying to break into his store.

“As I said, the body was found outside. And we have a couple of different scenarios as to what may have happened,” Elder told reporters.:snip:

3 minutes ago, Geee said:

George Floyd protests turn deadly after man shot outside pawn shop

A man was shot dead outside of a Minneapolis pawn shop Wednesday night as violent protests over the death of George Floyd rattled the city, authorities said.

Minneapolis cops are investigating reports that the victim was a looter shot dead by an owner of the business, police department spokesman John Elder said at press briefing early Thursday.

The man was found with a gunshot wound outside of Cadillac Pawn and Jewelry on East Lake Street near Bloomington Avenue at about 9:25 p.m. local time, Elder said.

“That is one of the theories that we’re working into,” Elder said in response to a reporter questioning if there’s any credence to the narrative that the owner shot dead a looter trying to break into his store.

“As I said, the body was found outside. And we have a couple of different scenarios as to what may have happened,” Elder told reporters.:snip:

There are people here who are just looking for a reason to riot.

In talking to people here today (for the record I'm the token white guy), people were Not happy about this.

Trump blasts Minneapolis mayor, vows military support if needed

President Trump took to Twitter early Friday to vow military support for the governor of Minnesota after another night of violent protest in Minneapolis, which included a police station being overrun and set on fire.

“I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis,” Trump tweeted. “A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.

A second tweet continued, “These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let this happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you.”:snip:

Minneapolis cop who knelt on handcuffed black man arrested

Derek Chauvin, the Minneapolis police officer seen kneeling on George Floyd's neck until he could not breathe, has been arrested.

Chauvin's arrest follows three days of protests across Minneapolis that led to looting, violence and a police precinct being torched.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz on Friday promised swift justice in Floyd's death, but also pleaded with protestors who have set fire to Minneapolis to stop, so the city could restore justice and order.

"I won't patronize you as a white man about living those experiences... but I am asking you to help us," Walz said. "Help us use humane ways to get the streets to a place where we can restore the justice so that those who are expressing rage and anger and demanding justice are heard, not those who throw fire bombs into businesses.":snip:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Minneapolis cop who knelt on handcuffed black man arrested

*Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz on Friday promised swift justice in Floyd's death, but also pleaded with protestors who have set fire to Minneapolis to stop, so the city could restore justice and order.

**"I won't patronize you as a white man about living those experiences... but I am asking you to help us," Walz said. "Help us use humane ways to get the streets to a place where we can restore the justice so that those who are expressing rage and anger and demanding justice are heard, not those who throw fire bombs into businesses.":snip:

* This has nothing to do with Justice and Order...it's more like I want Free Stuff.

** He just patronized them.

On a positive note: this may very well help Republicans this Nov..

George Floyd's girlfriend says the sight of Minneapolis burning would 'devastate' him, and calls for calm

• George Floyd's girlfriend said that the sight of the Minneapolis protests would "devastate" him. 
  • Courteney Ross, who has been with Floyd for the last three years, said that she understands the frustration but wants people "to protest in a peaceful way."
  • Her message comes as Minneapolis sees its third night of demonstrations with protesters setting fire to a Minneapolis police precinct near to where officers violently detained Floyd on Monday.:snip:

Twin Cities Situation Deteriorating as Keith Ellison Fans the Flames

Twin Cities rioters and leftists are spreading a conspiracy theory: they claim that an agent provocateur, an undercover police officer, was the first to vandalize property in Minneapolis, and therefore the police are “really” responsible for the arson, looting, and so on now taking place. This is absurd, of course. But now Attorney General Keith Ellison, the state’s chief law enforcement officer, has signed on with the far-left kooks:

This man doesn’t look like any civil rights protestor I have ever seen. Looks like a provocateur. Can anyone ID him? “Suspicious Man Breaks Window & Starts Minneapolis Riots” – YouTube

Keith Ellison (@keithellison) May 28, 2020

(Snip)

The Video

Why Does ANTIFA come to mind?