[WATCH] Cops Appear to Stand Down after Marine Vet Calls Them Out for Harassing Protesters: 'I'd Rather Lose My Job Than My Soul'

Valin

watch-cops-appear-to-stand-down-after-marine-vet-calls-them-out-for-harassing-protesters-id-rather-lose-my-job-than-my-soul-n388371

Megan Fox

May 05, 2020

At the Sacramento protest over the weekend, there were 33 arrests for lawfully assembling against Governor Newsom’s lockdown orders. As disappointing as it was to watch people arrested for participating in non-violent, perfectly legal and protected activity, one incident went largely unnoticed that should give you hope, especially after seeing so many stories of police behaving badly during the lockdown.

When police showed up in riot gear holding batons to intimidate the crowd full of moms and kids and peaceful Americans, Dr. Cordie Lee Williams, a United States Marine vet, took his bullhorn and spoke to them in a way only another man who has taken an oath to protect the Constitution can. What happened after that is nothing short of stunning.

“In the face of tyranny, in the face of freedom, are you going to sit there in your riot gear against peaceful protesters or are you going to say, ‘You know what? It’s time to stand up for my country. I took the oath of office and it said I will defend [against] all enemies both foreign and domestic,'” Williams began. “I know you’re doing your job, but I’d rather lose my job than lose my soul,” he said. “What are you going to go tell your little girl or your little boy tonight? That you took a baton and you crushed somebody’s skull that was a mom? Is that what a tough guy does? That’s not what honor, courage, and commitment means in the Marine Corps.”

(Snip)

It was an amazing moment and a welcome sign that maybe our police just need to be reminded to do a gut check when they receive their orders these days. Thank you, Dr. Williams. Someone had to say it.

May 3 3030

California police at an anti-lockdown protest in Sacramento, California stood down after a Marine veteran challenged their integrity for enforcing unconstitutional orders.