Have lessons really been learned about the child grooming crisis?

Valin

grooming-gangs-child-sexual-exploitation-a9262511.html

It is easy to demand more public spending on one priority after another, but there is certainly a case for modest increases in funding for prevention, investigation and information-sharing

Dec. 28 2019

We learnt more about the sexual exploitation of children after a review into grooming gangs was ordered last year by then-home secretary Sajid Javid. But not enough is yet being done to stamp out this widespread form of child abuse. 

The government and local authorities say that lessons have been learned from the inquiry, from a previous inquiry carried out by Rotherham council and from a series of court cases in which men were jailed for sexual offences against girls. 

(Snip)

Dec. 29 2019

• 3 weeks later...

July 17 2017

Blah Blah Blah..Blah Blah...Blah Blah Blah Blah.

At Some point this Will be really dealt with. If not the authorities, then The People. But Make no mistake it Will be dealt with.

Rotherham and Race

John Hinderaker

January 18, 2020

You probably remember the Rotherham child sex abuse scandal that came to light several years ago. Investigations have been ongoing since then, and one just-completed inquiry has made headlines in Great Britain. This is from the London Times: “Rotherham police chief: we ignored sex abuse of children.”

(Snip)

I don’t think anyone believed those denials. What happened in Rotherham, and elsewhere in Britain, was pretty obviously a case of identity politics run amok. The scale of the abuse in Rotherham alone is almost incomprehensible:

An investigation by The Times into child grooming in towns across the north prompted an independent inquiry. Its 2014 report found that between 1997 and 2013 more than 1,400 Rotherham children were exposed to severe levels of sexual abuse and violence by groups of men who were “almost all” of Pakistani heritage. To date, 36 men have been convicted for crimes related to the scandal.

It is hard to understand how law enforcement could be so craven. Let’s hope the same thing isn’t happening here.

Jan. 20 2020

Met Comissioner Cressida Dick among other authorities cannot continue to universalise what is a particular phenomenon.

• 2 months later...

Mar. 22 2020

Sajid Javid began his report with the correct premise and Priti Patel seems to be driving hard to get it done, but the remainer civil service are blocking all attempts.

• 5 weeks later...

Apr. 20 2020

It appears that if it wasn't for #NazirAfzal reopening the case of a Muslim grooming gang and their victims in #Rochdale, the culture of silence perpetrated by the #HomeOffice down through to the local police forces would have continued. Forcing them to admit they were wrong in the way they treated the victims was key to bringing at least some of the perpetrators to justice.

Apr. 25 2020

It's actually shocking to see how the UK government's #HomeOffice refuses to release the #Muslim grooming gang report compiled by Sajid Javid. The #groomingreport promised a no-holds-barred investigation into the causes of grooming gangs, and despite a petition of 120,000 signatures, have refused to release it. This is their response.

• 3 weeks later...

This child abuser is supposed to have been deported, so how did his victim bump into him in Asda in Rochdale?

'I've never been so scared in all my life. I feel like my heart just stopped beating'

John Scheerhout

14 MAY 2020

Adil-Khan-640x480.png&f=1&nofb=1

Adil Khan

A terrified victim of Rochdale's infamous child sex grooming gang has told how her heart 'stopped beating' when she bumped into her freed abuser while shopping in Asda.

She ran from the supermarket in tears and reported Adil Khan to the authorities as he was with another young child.

Now a young woman, she saw Khan, 50, with another child in an aisle of Asda superstore in Rochdale town centre.

She told a friend: "Oh my God, he's been in Asda. I've never been so scared in all my life. I feel like my heart just stopped beating."

She is outraged that Khan and two other members of the gang remain in Rochdale despite losing their appeal against deportation back to Pakistan two years ago.

(Snip)

May 15 2020

What Lessons?....

......Nothing to See Here...Move Along.

From The Comments

" Public: "Release the rape report."

Government: "Scuse me, what did ya say?"

Public: "Release the rape report!"

Government: "Which ape resort are you talking about again?"

Public: "Again, to be clear, we want the rape report, please listen!"

Government: "We agree, we will increase the ape resort funds, we wouldn't want to be cruel to our genetic bretheren."

Public: -.-"

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It Appears The Answer Is NO.

Gang of six men 'raped and sexually abused eight vulnerable girls as young as 12 after luring them over Facebook with drink and drugs', court hears

James Gant For Mailonline

Published: 11:14 EST, 11 January 2022

• The group are accused of forcing underage victims to engage in sexual activity
  • A court heard the men committed the offences against eight girls aged under 16
  • They are charged with total of 24 sex offences in Redditch are of Worcestershire
  • Abdul Hussain, Usmaan Asghar, Arslan and Ethashan Tazarab, Usman Ali, Numan Mohammed are on trial

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 5 months later...

Has The Lesson been learned? I report you decide

'Not one person has been held to account': Fury at police force that looked the other way while 1,400 girls were abused by Asian gangs as victims blast report that found NO officers have been sacked despite 260 complaints

Tom Pyman

22 June 2022

• South Yorkshire Police 'failed to protect vulnerable children' from 1997 to 2013
  • 47 officers investigated by watchdog but all kept their jobs despite complaints
  • Teens were seen as 'consenting to abuse' by police, according to investigation
  • Officers were instead told to prioritise other crimes, the report out today found 

A Rotherham survivor said today she was 'disgusted' after a report into the scandal revealed almost 50 police officers all kept their jobs despite looking the other way as 1,400 girls were abused, trafficked and groomed.

The long-awaited investigation by the police watchdog - which took eight years to publish and cost £6m - found officers in South Yorkshire 'failed to protect vulnerable children' following a series of offences carried out between 1997 and 2013. 

A total of 47 current and former officers were investigated by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) - but none were fired, despite 265 separate allegations being made by more than 50 complainants.  

(Snip)

Today's document revealed how the watchdog upheld a total of 43 complaints made against the force. These blunders included: 

• Failing to investigate an older man who was found undressed in a bedroom with one of the victims;
  • Not acting when a criminal handed over a missing girl to them as part of a 'deal' not to arrest him;
  • Doing nothing after approaching a parked car which a victim and her sister were in - even though the abuser told them one of the girls had just performed a sex act on him;
  • Telling one girl's father nothing could be done because of 'racial tensions' surrounding the investigation;
  • Failing to safeguard a victim who was driven 180 miles to Bristol by two men

(Snip)

IF I were a suspicious person I might suspect Independent Office for Police Conduct did not want to find anything.

EXCLUSIVE: Back on the streets: Two members of Rotherham grooming gang are quietly freed from jail after serving just HALF of their 10 year terms for rape offences

Andy Gardner

24 June 2022

Two members of the Rotherham grooming gangs who sexually abused and trafficked up to 1,400 girls have been quietly released from jail after serving just half of their sentences.

Qurban Ali and Tayab Dad, who were both handed 10 year sentences for their part in the abuse scandal, were automatically released on licence half-way through their sentence.

Under the current legal system, a prisoner serving a determinant sentence for a fixed length of time, will be released under the supervision of the probation service after serving half their term.

(Snip)

• 6 months later...

Jan 8, 2023
Luke Gittos joins Tom Slater and Fraser Myers to discuss how a man who allegedly suppressed discussion of the grooming-gangs scandal shirked accountability and landed a plum NHS job.